HM TFB, S&V, DF, and DP Operations

Arttoheed
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

HM TFB, S&V, DF, and DP Operations

Post by Arttoheed »

:hailnor The time is finally upon us! We are about 3ish weeks out from making the dive into the hard mode versions of the level 55 ops that we have grown accustomed to destroying lately. In light of this, I have decided to update the gearing minimums, parsing minimums, and loot rules that can be expected. These operations won't be a walk in the park, but from a raid leader's perspective, I have no doubt we can start making significant progress. So, lets start with some basics:

Why progress into hard modes?
Several reasons I see to progress: keep current content from getting stale, the challenge aspect, and above all, the sense of pride when you complete that operation with 7 other people that took strategy, skill, and lots of fun.

Does moving to hard modes make us a hardcore raiding guild?
In my opinion, not at all. I believe it tells others that we are a close knit guild that is able to work together to clear some of the toughest content in the game. It shows we are willing to put in the work to gear ourselves and our fellow guildmates and work toward a common goal.

Which operations does this post refer to?
This post is strictly for the hard mode versions of The Terror from Beyond, Scum & Villiany and StoryMode Dread Fortress & Palace.

Gearing
Every member participating in these operations will be required to have a minimum rating of 162 on every piece of armor. These can be acquired by purchasing with elite comms, or from Arkanian loot drops in the story mode versions of these operations. Black Market pieces from the 55 hard mode flashpoints also work. At this time, we are not requiring you to have a set bonus. As always, your gear can be inspected in game or on a askmrrobot.com profile.

Augments

Along with the above gear requirements, members are required to have all 14 pieces of gear augmented with the mk-9 kits, and blue or purple level 28 augments. We have quite a few members who are able to craft both the augment kits and augments themselves. Riveni was good enough to start a crafting thread: http://www.newoutriders.org/forums/view ... =38&t=1371

Parsing
Due to the tight enrage timers on several of the bosses, our DPS players are going to have to be on their "A" games. To begin with, I would like to see all dps parse approximately 2200 at a minimum over a 5 minute fight on an ops dummy. This number will be subject to change depending on how close we get on the bosses. If I remember correctly, the last time I parsed my tank, he was sitting around 1500 dps, so I see no issue with our dps focused toons to hit this mark. TorParse is back, and once again our preferred ops parser. http://www.torparse.com
Good thread to watch: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=658495

Homework ;)

Oh Noes! Not Homework! To begin with, we will be running TFB. There are a ton of boss guides out there, but I usually stick with Dulfy's site: http://dulfy.net/2012/09/26/swtor-terro ... ss-guides/ Knowing what to expect before hand saves a ton of time while in the instance and saves me from having to explain it everytime :D

Teamspeak 3
Because of the crazy mechanics and tight timers, TS3 with 2-way comms will be required. We will take 5-10 min breaks at certain points to allow for breaks and idle chatter, but should keep it to an absolute minimum during the fights. This allows tank swap, debuff, DoT, etc callouts to be heard. Any needed explanations will be done by the raid leader. CC markers will be assigned at the beginning, and will persist through the entire operation.

I realize a lot of this sounds really strict, and most likely overwhelming, but its almost the same as when we made the jump into the story mode versions. After getting all the essentials above squared away, you don't have to think about them much after. This post is a living document, things are subject to change as we move along. I highly recommend anyone interested in running these operations to ask questions, do research, and listen in on TS3 when other operations are happening to hear how these progress and how we interact as a group. I think it would be great to get some High Council (hint hint) and/or other raid leaders from other games in TS to listen in, and possibly offer suggestion/advice after.

As always, if anyone has questions/comments/hate messages, you can find me in game everynight, or direct them to me on this forum. I am more than willing (and I know many others are also) to help out with gearing, specs, rotations, flashpoints, pvp, crafting, or whatever else you need. I am insanely excited to get this rolling and I hope you all are also!

Revisions
July 9, 2013 v1.0
July 12, 2014 Updated the parsing section due to removal of TORParse
July 17, 2013 Updated parsing section for acceptance of MoX as our parser
December 2, 2013 Updated title of thread to reflect new ops
Last edited by Zyera on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added dread fortress and palace to list.
Arttoheed - Gunnery Commando 55
Sonnex - Sawbones Scoundrel 55
Viitta - Seer Sage 55
Xennos - Defense Jedi Knight 55

Bixrov - Carnage Marauder 55
Vorxib - Deception Assassin 51
Axafos - Arsenal Mercenary 50
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Re: HM TFB and S&V Operations

Post by Zyera »

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to get these started, boss! :D
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Valikk
Duke
Duke
Record: Recruited by Zyera
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

An excellent post! This is going to be tons of fun and great getting everyone together :D I will always do my part and continue assisting others to help get this ball rolling! :yay :thumb

SWTOR - Witherbane Legacy
GW2 - Valikk.3810
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

Looking great!
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Tundrra wrote:Looking great!

I changed my mind

ARTO IT NEEDS MORE COLORS!!!

please? c:

Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Gilen
Baron
Baron

Post by Gilen »

There you go, Z. I spared Artoo the pain of going in and doing it himself. :)
Arttoheed
Duke
Duke

Post by Arttoheed »

Gilen wrote:There you go, Z. I spared Artoo the pain of going in and doing it himself. :)
Fancy! I like it
Viitta - Seer Sage 55

Gilen
Baron
Baron

Post by Gilen »

Good write up though Artoo. Thanks for the goal post of things to strive for. Will be a while before I can go on these yet but hopefully not too long.
Arttoheed
Duke
Duke

Post by Arttoheed »

Gilen wrote:Good write up though Artoo. Thanks for the goal post of things to strive for. Will be a while before I can go on these yet but hopefully not too long.
A few of us have been trying to make a push to get some people geared up. I think a total of 4 55 hm's were ran Monday night, and our crafting has kicked into high gear. Let us know how/when we can help and I will be glad too :D
Viitta - Seer Sage 55

Gilen
Baron
Baron

Post by Gilen »

Oh, I have been the recipient of several runs already, and I am very appreciative. I just have a ways to go yet. Yes the NOR branch has been fantastic about trying to help folks get setup for this. And some are moving along quite well. I personally have not seen alot of drops I can use but the comms are building. :)

Return to “Operations”