Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Operation Info for New Endgamers

Post by Zyera »

You hit level 60- And you want to join us in our Ops night raids. That's great! We love bringing fresh meat in and having fun with new people! But we ask you to take a few small measures and some time to get some gear before signing up.

Gear
Requirements: http://www.newoutriders.org/forums/view ... 373#p19373
How to Gear at 60: http://www.newoutriders.org/forums/view ... =64&t=3568
Crafting Megapost: http://www.newoutriders.org/forums/view ... 117&t=3537
Crafting Bonuses and Guides: http://www.newoutriders.org/forums/view ... =39&t=1992

Your Class
Research, Research, Research.

Simple Raid Rules

The Fights
There are plenty of sources to get the main idea of the fights, though experience is the best one it's a good idea to have the general idea of what's going on before stepping into a raid so we don't waste too much time explaining. Dulfy is an alright source for guides on fights.

Here are some Videos:

Tips and Tricks of Operations

Before
  • Set up your interface and key-binds.The most important are buffs/debuffs on you(make them big), castbars, focus target and the focus target's castbar.
    *We use 2 rows and 6 groups when raiding so we can split up groups Left and Right.
  • Change max zoom to further back.
  • 16 Mans to help with lag, turn off Friendly Players Nameplates.
  • Tanks are normally on top, then healers and DPS; In 16 man it's Tank, Healers, some DPS, Healers DPS.
  • Have Stims, repaired and in TS3.
  • Private message people with the same class/role and ask for specific tips for the current operation OR Ask Raid Leader before the fight starts.

During
  • Ready checks- If you are not ready click no and not wait for it to turn off if you are not ready yet.
  • /sit if you are AFK.
  • Read the chat and follow directions. Including during fights. Sometimes things change randomly and you need to be ready for it.
  • Only use raid buffs when raid leader calls it out. Never used during trash pulls.
  • Only healer use the Battle Rez during a fight unless told otherwise by the Raid Leader. Never used during trash pulls.
  • Watch for mechanic warnings such as text on the screen and colored circles on the ground.
  • Zoom out.
  • Put the focus target on the boss so you know how the fight is going. As a Healer I normally put it on the other tank.
  • Use the focus target's castbar to learn boss mechanics.
  • Use Defensive cooldowns, and Self Cleanses to help healers out.

Most Important: Have fun!

:hailnor
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Zyera
Lady
Lady

Re: Operation Info for New Endgamers

Post by Zyera »

Updated for 3.0!

Soulfinger
Squire
Squire
Realm: RIFT

Post by Soulfinger »

Zyera wrote: [*]Zoom out.

[*]Put the focus target on the boss so you know how the fight is going. As a Healer I normally put it on the other tank.

Two questions...

I was watching a video of people doing the Bulo fight in Ravagers, and they were zoomed so far out that it looked like they were playing Diablo... I have never been able to zoom that far out using my mousewheel. Is there some special something (config tweak or 3rd party overlay) that allows you to zoom so far out you're playing "overhead"?

Second, what do you mean by focus target? I assume that's in the options menu as well?

And unrelated to these suggestions... In other games (both LOTRO and Rift) you could "select target's selection" - meaning I could target the boss and could see who the boss is attacking as my primary target. This makes healing a lot easier as any attacks are directed at the boss and any heals are directed through the boss to the main target (probably the main tank). Is it possible to do that in SWTOR? I don't think so as I've never found it in the options...
SWTOR Republic - Poobah (60 Guardian), Fece (60 Scoundrel)
SWTOR Imperial - Soulfinger (60 Sorcerer), Solsismic (51 Powertech), Isith (50 Marauder), Sinet (20 Operative)

Free Tadziki? Yah! --Treek.
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Soulfinger wrote:
I was watching a video of people doing the Bulo fight in Ravagers, and they were zoomed so far out that it looked like they were playing Diablo... I have never been able to zoom that far out using my mousewheel. Is there some special something (config tweak or 3rd party overlay) that allows you to zoom so far out you're playing "overhead"?
Yes, it's an option in the preferences menu.
Soulfinger wrote:Second, what do you mean by focus target? I assume that's in the options menu as well?

And unrelated to these suggestions... In other games (both LOTRO and Rift) you could "select target's selection" - meaning I could target the boss and could see who the boss is attacking as my primary target. This makes healing a lot easier as any attacks are directed at the boss and any heals are directed through the boss to the main target (probably the main tank). Is it possible to do that in SWTOR? I don't think so as I've never found it in the options...
Focus target is like being able to sticky a target separately from your regular target. It's helpful to have a tank or the boss focused to be able to see health, debuffs, casting, etc. You might need to enable it through your UI editor. Default keybind to focus a target is ALT+F

Second part is sounding like you want Target of Target, which is another option in the UI editor.

Soulfinger
Squire
Squire
Realm: RIFT

Post by Soulfinger »

Looking for something completely unrelated here, and I came across this post regarding setting view distance:

http://newoutriders.org/forums/viewtopi ... +10#p20760
SWTOR Republic - Poobah (60 Guardian), Fece (60 Scoundrel)
SWTOR Imperial - Soulfinger (60 Sorcerer), Solsismic (51 Powertech), Isith (50 Marauder), Sinet (20 Operative)

Free Tadziki? Yah! --Treek.

Return to “Guides & Resources”