NOR and 7 Days to Die

Open discussion for members and visitors.
Valikk
Duke
Duke
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited by Zyera
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

NOR and 7 Days to Die

Post by Valikk »

:hailnor

So a few of you may remember a friend of mine and an old member of NOR, RT. Recently he introduced me to a new game that was basically a survival horror Minecraft, 7 Days to Die (7DtD). Athough it is somewhat like Minecraft, this game is far more robust the Minecraft is.The game is set in a post apocalyptic world over ran with zombies and you are the last known survivor... or so you thought! It is quiet a beautiful game even in its Alpha11 state, it was first funded through Kickstarter a few years ago and has since moved along quiet nicly and improved in many ways. Raising over $500,000 the game was fully funded and was able to add some extra that really polished out the game. The game is on Steam for $25 so it's pretty good for what you get, and you retain the game when it launches from Alpha.

Like I said it is still in Alpha but surprisingly has very little bugs or over all problems, sometime this summer it should move onto Beta. During this there are a multitude of playthroughs with every new game being a brand new generated world, that is internally different then the last. Or you can venture through the Story Mode which features a world called Navezgane placed somewhere in a self made and inspired Arizona state. When I mention Minecraft many probably think blocky worlds but oh no this is very far from that, With the amount of extra funds they were able to raise, they created a world that resembled a modern lifelike style but still keeping the fully destructible and the creativeness of Minecraft.

With the recent Alpha11 update new underground cave systems and upgraded textures and ambient lighting, along with improvements to the quality levels to many items such as food, weapons an many materials. Soon to be added is transportation. The player has to follow a certain survival pattern to, well, survive :p which is to hunt for food from the roaming wild life, harvest crops from a farm you found or created yourself, or from supply drops that the player has to track down in the world. There is also the standard health bar that depletes from zombie attacks, stamina that you have to maintain to run and use your various weapons and tools, then there's the hydration which you need to keep jars of water on you to replenish. The mechanics are quiet nice and you really feel emmersed into the game, to where with food and water you have to fully cook your raw food before eating and water that you get from rivers or lakes need to be boiled before hand.

You start out in a random sport of the map with basic supplies and scavenge to create what you must to survival this brutal world. Hopefully early on running into one of the hundreds of POIs (points of interest) in the world, such as a small town or abandoned store, or possibly having to build your own zombie proof stronghold. While finally settling down in your home base, you have to find supplies and therefore have to venture out into the world and find buildings filled with items to aid the player, grocery stores, gas stations, logging districts, police stations, warehouses, and many more are spread through the world. Each biome the map generates is set with interesting ambient noises for each, theres a snow biome, a desert, burnt forest, pine forest, a wasteland and others, each with their own risk and reward.

RT may not be a member of NOR in SWTOR anymore, but he's a NOR at heart. In 7DtD a player can rent a server for people to play on and that is what RT did for all of us. He wants others that are interested to be able to play with each and have a good place to start out with so others can thrive on their own world.

If you have the game or have been looking into it, or just have never heard of it before then I recommend you come play with us on own NOR Dedicated Server. Myself and RT have been creating a pretty awesome survival world that allows players to learn the game and the vast crafting tables, and theres a lot of it.

How to play on the server!
In the tab "Connect to Server" there will be a list of servers to connect to, at the bottom where is says "IP" you'll want to type in the specified IP address of the server, then next to that is the port number with again type the port into the specified zone, then hit the plug looking button and you'll connect to the world. At first you'll spawn randomly in the world but if you hit the "M" on your keyboard you will open your map. In the top left corn with be YOUR coordinates, and the bottom left will be the coordinates of your mouse. You will want to find location 175N by 775W, this will be the base we have started. Right click on that location and set your way point and start heading that direction following your compass on the bottom of the screen.

Name of server: NOR Dedicated Server
IP: 69.162.114.226
Port: 27503

Check out the game and whats been newly added to wet your appetite!

Right now I've only got screenshots of the game world and I'll get some of our base next time to show it off to you guys.

SWTOR - Witherbane Legacy
GW2 - Valikk.3810
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Re: NOR and 7 Days to Die

Post by Zyera »

This looks great! :D

but I'm scared of zombies ;w;
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Soulfinger
Squire
Squire
Realm: RIFT

Post by Soulfinger »

I have been looking at this, and have tried a bit of DayZ, and Rust (which was not supposed to be a Zombie appocolypse kind of game, but was until they took out zombies and replaced them with red bears that dropped phat loot... but that's another story)...

One of the knocks on the Zombie Apocalypse kind of games was the multiplayer aspects (ganked and/or beat up noobs). Is this like that or can you play single-player (PvE I guess you'd call it)? I like the idea of the game, but I'm a co-op person more than a PVP person...

FWIW, I also have played another EA game called Planet Explorers - like a sci-fi version of Minecraft, but has a story mode (with missions and progressing recipies) and a procedurally generated random worlds. You can really create some awesome things (not just housing and farms, but also vehicles, weapons, boats and aircraft). Still in Alpha but has tons of potential.
SWTOR Republic - Poobah (60 Guardian), Fece (60 Scoundrel)
SWTOR Imperial - Soulfinger (60 Sorcerer), Solsismic (51 Powertech), Isith (50 Marauder), Sinet (20 Operative)

Free Tadziki? Yah! --Treek.
Valikk
Duke
Duke
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

This game is all of that as well.

On the note of if its pvp or pve, each specific server you can join is for PvE only or PvP, or both. It is also Single player or multiplayer, anywhere from 1 (your own world). 2-16 player ( multi or co-op).

When you create a new game you have the choice of setting up the world as SP (single player) where you and only you will ever be in this world. Or you can set it up as MP (multiplayer) and lock the server with a password to allow only friends in to play (this is the free world server you don't have to rent).

GW2 - Valikk.3810
Valikk
Duke
Duke
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

More Pics!

Rt's standing on sandbags.

GW2 - Valikk.3810
Soulfinger
Squire
Squire

Post by Soulfinger »

Nice sell job Malykk! I was really hoping Rust would be this kind of game (but it wasn't... had it's own fun, but was tough to find a nice community server). I'd love to get it, but have no idea when I'd be able to play it... I love this kind of gameplay (although I'm not too keen on zombies either... ) so I may get it to toodle around in regardless.

But btw... when I say in Planet Explorers you build weapons, cars, boats & aircraft, I mean you BUILD it - designed from the ground up by placing all the components making any item you can think of (using basic shapes like spheres, squares, triangles which can all be re-sized and angled). The technology is pretty incredible and I haven't seen it reproduced anywhere. It's not like SWTOR where your receipe gives you a weapon... it would bring you to a drafting table where you build all the components of the weapon as you choose, and the aspects of the weapon (barrel length, number of barreles, etc) define the properties of the weapon (fire rate, damage, etc).
SWTOR Imperial - Soulfinger (60 Sorcerer), Solsismic (51 Powertech), Isith (50 Marauder), Sinet (20 Operative)

Kaurix
Baron
Baron

Post by Kaurix »

Tried to log in and it had a password on the server.
It's easy to tell who my characters are, all their names begin with Kaur ... and probably aren't wearing pants.

Kaurix, Kaurick, Kaurith, Kaurak, Kaureth
Kaurich, Kaurik, Kaurok, Kaurek, Kaurax
Valikk
Duke
Duke
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

oh yeah lol forgot to add that the password for the server is just " NOR "

but right now the server is being updated since the recent patch so its not up yet!

GW2 - Valikk.3810
Soulfinger
Squire
Squire

Post by Soulfinger »

FYI, I am getting this, but waiting on a sale as I have to buy two copies. Nesrook and I were watching some Let's Play of a version a few builds ago (I think it was 0.9) by 4-6 players working co-op and it looks great. Another friend of mine is definitely interested as well. I may get it sooner as I gave Nesrook an incentive to get a good mark on a big test & project (2 separate things) so we'll see if he can do it.

That said, I'm not sure if Nesrook's rig can run it since it only has 3 MB of RAM and I can't add anymore. It does have a good video card though, so hopefully can run it.

Been reading about a bunch of "breaks" with the latest build - especially broken legs. They also mention changes in the night time spawns which some report as too much and others report as nonexistent. That's what you get in a product in the middle of development though, and it doesn't concern me much...

Valikk
Duke
Duke
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

Soulfinger wrote:FYI, I am getting this, but waiting on a sale as I have to buy two copies. Nesrook and I were watching some Let's Play of a version a few builds ago (I think it was 0.9) by 4-6 players working co-op and it looks great. Another friend of mine is definitely interested as well. I may get it sooner as I gave Nesrook an incentive to get a good mark on a big test & project (2 separate things) so we'll see if he can do it.

That said, I'm not sure if Nesrook's rig can run it since it only has 3 MB of RAM and I can't add anymore. It does have a good video card though, so hopefully can run it.

Been reading about a bunch of "breaks" with the latest build - especially broken legs. They also mention changes in the night time spawns which some report as too much and others report as nonexistent. That's what you get in a product in the middle of development though, and it doesn't concern me much...

That's great to hear! The game isn't to taxing on systems and still looks pretty great at the low settings if he has to run it lower then max ;)
Plus it seems it doesn't draw to much ram ( did you mean he only has 3gb? or really 3mg?? :shocked )

As for the "Broken Leg Rampage" you hear about, mainly don't do things you wouldn't do in life and you should be fine! :tongue2

The zombie spawns are weird. I've made many new games and never had an issue with being to many or to little of zombies. The ones stating the fact might either be in a low spawn area and just assume its the way the whole game is or vice versa and in a high spawn, or the have their setting tuned wrong....OOOOOR they are on a server where the admin has gone through and changed the files haha :tongue2

GW2 - Valikk.3810

Return to “General”