Does or has anyone play EVE Online?

Open discussion for members and visitors.
yavool
Lord
Lord
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons
Record: Recruited on: February 13, 2006
Recruited by: Lakasha
Squired on: February 19, 2006
Promoted to Baron/DDO on: April 17, 2006
Promoted to Count/DDO on: July 17, 2006
Promoted to Duke/DDO on: January 27, 2007
Promoted to *NOR/ Lord on: October 14, 2007
Father of the Ramnoth Clan: Oriyen, Adahi, Roselaine, and Norfyre

Does or has anyone play EVE Online?

Post by yavool »

I got myself a year subscription about three months back and have been enjoying it. Are there any other *NOR/bies with past or current experience in EVE?

I have a guild corporation (New Outriders [NORTC]) stationed in the system called Ignebaener in the Essence Region. I have been spending my time blue ice mining, wormhole scouting, relic and data field decrypting, and some low-level PVE. Miners get ganked often by PVP ships... I got my first kill the other day which puts me at 1 kill, 22 losses! ;)

Find me if you are active and want to connect! :yay

-yav
Yavool Ramnoth
*NOR/DDO Lord and RL
Vashile
Baron
Baron
Realm: Elder Scrolls Online
House: Griffon

Re: Does or has anyone play EVE Online?

Post by Vashile »

I had an acccount way way back. If I ever get the nerve to log in again I will look you up.
jara
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by jara »

EVE is the best game at making you have to spend your life in it :tongue2

I played it since it came out for maybe 5 years and loved it. But eventually it just became too much because you can't really play it casual unless you stay in high-sec and that gets boring after a while.

I would come visit you if I thought I could avoid getting sucked back into it.
Jara
Capt Kellix
*NOR//DK- Inactive Officer
max2go
Recruit
Location: Steam (lol... but that's just the best way to reach me): max2go (USA)

Post by max2go »

^^^ what jara said - and no, you can not get not sucked back into it when playing it (again), trust me lol...

But yeah, I was in EVE on-off for years and my last "stint" there lasted for 4 months with 10+ hours every day in a big alliance, I did high sec, low sec, null sec, wormhole, ... pretty much anything that you can do, from PvE, PvP, trading, mining, indy, ... with the exception of pirating because that's just not who I am and what I like to do (to others).

But about the topic of that it just takes are your time and energy away (AKA it's really not a casual game, for the reasons of that RL money is involved, and a lot at that if you go that route, not to mention the time you need to put in to have progress) and because of high-sec pirates (suicide bombing / attacking and bumping / combo of both) it eventually became a chore than anything for me and, because I made good friends there, it was painful that I just had to quit for good this time. Which means, I vowed to never ever, as tempting as it might seem (I still on occasion voice chat with people there on their TS3 server) to install the EVE client again... unless they make it truly free-to-play with no monthly fee and just do it like all (ok, most of) the other free-to-play MMOs that you have the option to pay RL cash for visual enhancements (skins) but for no other reason are required to.

I heard that they have plans to go that route at some point, but I also heard that, while people are willing to pay the way it's set up right now, they're not going to.

Return to “General”