Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Re: What's next for the Stronghold

Post by Phelaia »

Rain, thank you for coming up with the evil plan. Well, if I can make the time, I'm in. And Ziek, this taking turns to capture business used to have a name, "Do the Shuffle." ;)
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

Yes, there has to point sharing in order to offset the ingame checks, but it can be done:)

Also, SH CXhest of Power can be purchased on the AH for 300 zen each. Each of these chest give 100 shards each of the four shards our coffer takes. 300 Zen on the Z store, or an Arm and a leg, and maybe a torso on the Auction House.

The point is, we CAN achieve this.
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
nmates
Knight
Knight

Post by nmates »

Updated the spreadsheet just now. We need 1.7 million ToD/WoD currency, and almost a million Icewind Dale currency. Ouch.
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

Thanks, Benn, for staying on top of this!
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
nmates
Knight
Knight

Post by nmates »

We don't need jewels for the next few stages of things, thru GH15. No need to pay for temporary jewelcrafters -- we're burning thru labor far faster than they're added. Plus, I've got 6 toons generating about 25K (mimic points) of jewel crates per week, if not more.
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017

Post by tornnomar »

Hail *NOR/

First a quick update: Today I raised the Milling Yard to rank 4. We had what we needed for it and it took nothing away from ExGuild, our current Target. We are making great progress on Adventurer Shards too now that everyone is aware that there are two ways to achieve them. I did not restart the Gemmonger or Recruiter; as Benn pointed out, we were burning through Labor faster than it was being replaced. I'll leave that decision up to Phel, for now, I left it alone.
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
nmates
Knight
Knight

Post by nmates »

I think we don't need to be upgrading support structures like the milling yard -- things spent on it will be useful somewhere else later.

As long as we're gated on things like one of the shards, we'll get the 4 resources (food, wood, stone, metal) in the meantime.
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017

Post by tornnomar »

Too Late:) The resources used were small and easily recovered well before we hit the Adventurer Shards needed to up the EX Guild to the next level.
Udo did restart the Gem and Recruiter, but I also dumped some Labor back in. I still have a good amount of green, blue, and purple professions assets that I can dump in, so we'll be okay for a bit.
nmates
Knight
Knight

Post by nmates »

I've been tracking things on the spreadsheet over time, and of the campaign treasures (Sharandar, Dread Ring, ToD/Well of Dragons, Icewind Dale), the Frozen treasures are going up the slowest. Explorers 5 took 170K Frozen treasures, and was blocked on those for a while. We had refilled that recently because the Siege was good and dropped a ton of vouchers. Now, the next thing to need Frozen is going to be delayed.

Yes, we're going to need a metric ton (~20K) of Adventurers shards for ExGuild 6, ExGuild 7 and GH15, and that could be months to get 20K at 10 each. But, just because something can be upgraded doesn't mean it should be. The milling yard gets us more wood, and faster. Might be useful in Catan, but really not needed for our Stronghold. To quote another series, sometimes "It's a trap!"

My suggestion: at this point, we not spend anything on the resource support structures. Definitely not until GH15 is done. And when GH15 is cooking, I'll update the spreadsheet with the "what's next" and I think that all the SH resources will be going to GH16 and level 8 buildings.
nmates
Knight
Knight

Post by nmates »

Ok, GH16 is upgrading for the next ~14 days. Spreadsheet is updated. I also turned on some custom formatting to show if any item is more than what we currently have, making it easier to see at a glance what's not (currently) possible.

We'll need a bunch of influence before we can get boon structures (Stable/WizWorkshop) upgraded. Won't take long if we grind influence the rate of the past few weeks. Past that, the usual TOD shards, IWD shards, etc will be needed. I recommend bumping the warehouse sooner rather than later as that will expand coffers.

Short summary: hit SH HEs for influence, and also hit the siege of NW for all sorts of vouchers.

-- Benn

Return to “Stronghold”