Good support builds on a budget?

nmates
Knight
Knight
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Good support builds on a budget?

Post by nmates »

Yes, I know that loadouts came many months ago. My "support" alts (GF, DC, OP) have more DPS-y oriented builds. Anyone have good links for support (buffing) builds for alts? My support toons are decently geared (9-10K), and I'm not interested in spending $$$ (or AD) to boost them.
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Re: Good support builds on a budget?

Post by Ziek88 »

I can help with the GF. Run Swordmaster Tactician. If you throw everything you can into defense at 9-10k 95% DR is achievable.

Primary abilities are Into the Fray, Knight's Valor, Enforced Threat and Commander's Strike. Enforced threat for mobs, Commander's Strike for bosses. Use Fighter's Recovery as the daily since it casts extremely fast and makes self sustaining pretty easy. You want the fast case so that you can proc your main class feature, Steel Defense. You will probably need Enhanced Mark as your other class feature. Tide of Iron as an At-Will is great for keeping your stamina up.

In the feats I like 10 points in Protector and the rest in Tactician. The most important feat in Tactician is Inspiring Leader. You may find the 5 points in Crushing pin are no value to you so those could be moved elsewhere. Unshakable Line in Protector may be a good spot for them.
feats1.jpg
feats1.jpg (28.21 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
feats.jpg
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Re: Good support builds on a budget?

Post by Phelaia »

This is what I run on my Tank-OP
http://mmominds.com/2017/11/14/ekes-pally-build/

My 12.3k OP has the cheapest purple companions and purple mounts straight from the AH. I do not have every boon on him, but I do have the first 2 boons of every campaign except for STK. I don't have a Wheel of Elements, but I use the full Seldarin set, which has saved my hide many many times. I have the DC artifact at orange as the main artifact, while the rest of my artifacts are purple. All of my artifact gear is purple, and I'm using the Teak set for weapons (these are purple too). I'm also using a Transcendent Plaguefire in the sword.

Sturdiness: I can be the solo tank in CN with no problem at all. I've faced off with the King of Spines just fine. I qued into Tomb of the Nine Gods for fun and giggles, and as the solo tank in there (because the random que would not allow more than one tank), I managed to survived Orcus 2.0 to 50%.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter

Return to “Class Builds”