Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Blizzard's Overwatch

Post by Phelaia »

Anyone playing this? Tyr and I are. There's a character for everyone, and aiming is not always required. :tongue2 In fact, I've discovered that I'm not half bad as a support cleric in this kind of PVP, and I've played enough in PUGs now to say that it's definitely a lot less frustrating than Neverwinter PVP.

Our Battle.net handles: I'm Rosie#1137, and Tyr is Brand...something something.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Blizzard's Overwatch

Post by Tundrra »

I will check it out:)
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Have it and love it! I believe Yavool made a post somewhere on the boards about the game earlier this week, and if I'm not mistaken his son streams daily? Can't remember. :tongue2
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Quick addition, my Bnet handle is Ojike#1195 for anyone wanting to play together =)
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

I am Rosie#1137
Tyrandil is Brand#1272
Phelaia Fiendline
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

A friend of mine and I were just talking about this game the other day. Have you seen anything about how they plan to handle introduction of new content and what is your take on the games lifespan?

I am certainly more inclined to plunge in to it knowing others are playing it.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

If you're referring to whether new content will be free or paid, my money's on paid expansions. That is how Blizzard has handled WoW expansions (I believe), and it's the only way I can see expansions making money for Blizzard, since the game is completely not pay-to-win. (You can buy lockboxes with real money, but the things they grant are exclusively cosmetic.)

I think this game is going to last a long time. It's fun and it has a tremendous amount of depth and potential. And Blizzard has historically been very good at supporting its games for the long haul.
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

The contents of the lockboxes include: sprays, voice lines, skins, in-game credits. You can buy lockboxes with real money, but you cannot buy in-game credits directly with real money. The only way to get in-game credits is to get lucky with the lockbox. The expensive skins are pretty cool looking, but that about as far as it gets: looking cool. A terrible sniper is still a terrible sniper no matter how cool she looks.

Blizzard's games almost never go on sale, and $40 per license is not exactly cheap. So if you've paid the $40, you're going to play enough to get your $40 worth of fun. Blizzard is very very good at making a PVP game fun and accessible even to the uninitiated. I mean, see how long Starcraft 2 has lasted! I can see Blizzard trying to turn this into something like League of Legends, and once that happens, you bet this game will have legs.

New content will probably come in the shape of new maps and new heroes. So far, there really is a toon for everyone...even me, a pyro who can't aim...
Phelaia Fiendline
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

I may just have to work this in to budget and convince rabbit that shooters are fun.

Have either of you dabbled with controller use in pc version? My friend prefers it so I need to convince him to go PC rather than ps4. I would also go ps4 but the promise of NOR folk adds an extra incentive for PC.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Phel and I both have Xbox controllers that connect to the PC via USB. They work perfectly, and are identical to the official Xbox controllers in all respects. (Perhaps the same Chinese factory that makes controllers for Microsoft is getting a little extra on the side.) If you want, I'm sure Phel can point you to exactly what we bought.

But really -- mouse-and-keyboard is light years better than console controllers for FPS. Your friend should get the PC version because of WASD, not in spite of it :-)
I'm always down for a dungeon!

Return to “Overwatch”