Race: Variant Human
Background: Criminal
Skin:
Hair:
Eyes:

Personality:
Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality Traits:
I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy.

Ideal:
People. I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care. (Neutral)

Bond:
Someone I loved died because of I mistake I made. That will never happen again.

Flaw:
If there’s a plan, I’ll forget it. If I don’t forget it, I’ll ignore it.

Story Notes:
Basic Backstory:
Tomana had a mentor bladesinger from the region of Myth Dranor. When the destruction of the city happened, it affected the him to the point that he broke the code of bladesingers and took Tomana under his apprenticeship. When it was found out, the mentor had "an accident" but Tomana always blamed the order for dispatching his beloved father figure. While waiting to prove himself to the elves bladesinger, he engaged in some shady business in Waterdeep

Character Information
Character Goals:Claim his place among the elves bladesinger

Character Secrets
Relationships
Memories

Mechanics:
Class: Fighter (1) / Wizard (X)
Sub-class: Wizard 2 onward: Bladesinger
Ability Scores: STR (10), DEX (15), CON (13), INT (14), WIS (12), CHA (8) — Variant Human Bonuses applied: +1 INT, +1 DEX
Skills: Acrobatics, Arcana, Deception, Perception, Stealth, Performance
Languages: Common, Elves
Tools: Disguise Kit, Thieves' tools

This BladeSinger dipped Fighter at first level for Two Weapon Fighting style, con saves, and some bonus HP. He takes dual wielder at 1 as a Variant Human, Warcaster at 4, and ASI’s the rest of his levels.
He wears light armor, and let’s his Bladesong take care of the rest. He has two rapiers. He alternates between standard two weapon attacks and green flame blade depending on level and number/toughness of baddies. Haste is his jam once he picks it up and can use the haste attack to proc his TW attack. This in combo with his bonus Int to damage gives him melee DPR previously unknown to Wizardkind. He's one level shy of pure Wizard... so he has many spell slots to burn on Haste, shield, and other buff spells, while still maintaining decent battlefield control.
Tomana feels like a sword swinging melee magic god.

Variant Human:
- Extra feat: Dual Wielder. You can draw/stow to weapons per round, you can dual wield non-light weapons, and you gain +1 AC while dual wielding

Background Feature:
Criminal Contact: You have a reliable and trustworth contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals
Criminal Specialty: Hired Killer

Starting Equipment:
-Leather Armor
-Rapier (x2)
- crowbar
- set of dark common clothes
- hood
- belt pouch
- Explorer's pack
- 15gp

Level 1: Fighter(1)
HP: 11 (d10 (10) + CON mod [1])
- Armor: All armor, shields
- Weapons: Simple & Martial weapons
- Class Feature: Fighting Style (Two-weapon Fighting). When engagin in two-weapon fighting, add your ability modifier to the second attack
- Class Feature: Second Wind. On your turn, use a bonus action to regain 1d10+(fighter level) hit points. Regain ability after a short or long rest

Level 2: Fighter(1)/Wizard(1)
HP: 16 (11 + d6(4) + 1)
Spells: (3) Cantrips, (2)1st
Class Feature: Spellcasting
Class Feature: Arcane Recovery

Level 3: Fighter(1)/Wizard(2)
HP: 21 (16 + d6(4) + 1)
Class Feature: Arcane Tradition: Bladesinging Training in War and Song: When you adopt this tradition at 2nd level, you gain proficiency with light armor, and you gain proficiency with one type of one-handed melee weapon of your choice.You also gain proficiency in the Performance skill if you don't already have it.
Class Feature: Bladesong:
Starting at 2nd level, you can invoke a secret elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus.
You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time you choose (no action required).
While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits:
- You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of+ 1).
- Your walking speed increases by 10 feet.
- You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks.
- You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +l).
You can use this feature twice. You regain all expended uses of it when you finish a short or long rest.
Spells: (3) Cantrips, (3)1st

Level 4: Fighter(1)/Wizard(3)
HP: 26
Spells: (3) Cantrips, (4)1st, (2)2nd

Level 5: Fighter(1)/Wizard(4)
HP: 31
ASI: Instead choose feat: War Caster. You have practice casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits:
- You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
- You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you ahve weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
- When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.
Spells: (4) Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd

Level 6: Fighter(1)/Wizard(5)
HP: 36
Spells: (4) Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd, (2)3rd

Level 7: Fighter(1)/Wizard(6)
HP: 41
Extra Attack
Starting at 6th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
Spells: (4) Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd, (3)3rd

Level 8: Fighter(1)/Wizard(7)
HP: 46
Spells: (4) Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd, (3)3rd, (1)4th

Level 9: Fighter(1)/Wizard(8)
HP: 51
ASI: +2 DEXTERITY
Spells: (4) Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd, (3)3rd, (2)4th

Level 10: Fighter(1)/Wizard(9)
HP: 56
Spells: (4) Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd, (3)3rd, (3)4th, (1)5th

Level 11: Fighter(1)/Wizard(10)
HP: 61
Song of Defense
Beginning at 10th level, you can direct your magic to absorb damage while your Bladesong is active. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to expend one spell slot and reduce that damage to you by an amount equal to five times the spell slot's level.
Spells: (5)Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd, (3)3rd, (3)4th, (2)5th

Level 12: Fighter(1)/Wizard(11)
HP: 66
Spells: (5)Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd, (3)3rd, (3)4th, (2)5th, (1)6th

Level 13:Fighter(1)/Wizard(12)
HP: 71
ASI: +2 DEXTERITY
Spells: (5)Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd, (3)3rd, (3)4th, (2)5th, (1)6th

Level 14: Fighter(1)/Wizard(13)
HP: 76
Spells: (5)Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd, (3)3rd, (3)4th, (2)5th, (1)6th, (1)7th

Level 15: Fighter(1)/Wizard(14)
HP: 81
Song of Victory
Starting at 14th level, you add your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1) to the damage of your melee weapon attacks while your Bladesong is active.
Spells: (5)Cantrips, (4)1st, (3)2nd, (3)3rd, (3)4th, (2)5th, (1)6th, (1)7th

Level 17 ASI +2 INTELLIGENCE
Level 20 ASI +2 INTELLIGENCE

Bladesinger Styles
Cat. Styles that employ a sword belong to this family. The lion style, the eldest, trains practitioners
in the use of the longsword and doesn't favor any particular type of spells. Leopard style focuses on
the shortsword and spells of illusion and stealth. Red tiger, a style just three centuries old, has its
bladesingers using the scimitar in a whirling dance of defense from which they launch into sudden
leaps and attacks.

Bird. Styles that focus on the use of a hafted weapon, such as an axe or hammer, have been
grouped together as bird styles, yet they vary wildly. All relatively new styles, they use weapons not
typically favored by elves. Eagle-style bladesingers use small handaxes, and many maneuvers in the
style focus on fluid ways to throw the weapon and draw a new one. Raven style uses a pick, and spells
associated with it grant the bladesinger more agility in combat.

Snake. Practitioners of these styles use a flail, chain, or whip. Viper style uses a whip, despite its
inelegance as a weapon, and has almost as long a history as the lion style. Its masters punctuate their
bladesong with a stunningly rapid rhythm of whip cracks, which can keep many foes at bay and allow
the bladesinger space to cast the cruel spells ofpoison and disease favored by the style.

Spells Priority/suggestion:
Cantrips: Booming Blade(joint with warcaster), Green-Flame Blade, Minor Illusion, Fire Bolt or Ray of Frost, Shocking Grasp
Level 1: Shield, Sleep (level 1-5). absorb element, Detect Magic, Find Familiar,Tasha's Hideous Laughter
Level 2: Mirror image, Misty Step, Enlarge/Reduce, Suggestion, Phantasmal Force, Hold Person
Level 3: Haste, Blink, Animate Dead (zombie to grapple/help - give advantage), fireball, counterspell, Erupting Earth (cast at higher level),
Level 4: Polymorph, Greater Invisibility, Evard's black tentacles Arcne Eye
Level 5: Animate Object, Wall of force, Bigby's hand,
Level 6: Contingency, Disintegrate (situational, if dex fail/disenvantage), Otto's irrestible dance, Mass Suggestion
Level 7: Forcecage, Simulacrum, whirlwind, reverse gravity, plane shift
Level 8: Antimagic field (paired with grapple), clone, maze

Character Sheets: for some reason didn't allow me to add a character sheet

Return to “Character Collection”