<swtor> Knights of the Eternal Throne Info

Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

Re: <swtor> Knights of the Eternal Throne Info

Post by Intisar »

Here are the patch notes for tomorrow's game update!

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/6132017 ... date-5.2.2
Game Update 5.2.2
Highlights
  • The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event is back through August! Enjoy new rewards, such as the Gamorrean Guard Companion.
General
  • Updated the mailbox user interface button layout. “Get all attachments” is now next to “select all.” Additionally, there is now more space between the “get all attachments” and “delete all” buttons.
  • Players can now loot enemies while in other forms while on Iokath, such as the Mouse Droid.
  • The Taspan Ambush Space Mission is once again available via the Galaxy Map.
  • Players who finished Iokath who are unable to summon Elara Dorne or Malavai Quinn can now use the Companion Locator Terminal to retrieve them.
  • Players can no longer see group chat after leaving or being removed from a Group Finder group.
  • New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.
  • A new Command XP Legacy Perk, Commanding Legacy, is available for purchase. This perk can only be purchased once you have reached Command Rank 300 on a character and it increases all Command XP gains within your Legacy by 25%. This perk stacks with all other bonuses and only affects Command Ranks 1-299.
  • Players will no longer receive the “Effect Condition Failed” error message for attempting to use temporary abilities while in other forms on Iokath.
  • Corrected an issue where Sith Warrior players become unable to interact with anything on their Class Ship.
  • Player Flairs will no longer overlap with the party leader symbol while in a group.
  • Corrected an issue where in some instances the player’s (y) coordinate would not update on the map.
  • When traveling to Belsavis via the Galaxy Map, Section X will no longer be selected by default.
  • When traveling to Corellia via the Galaxy Map, The Black Hole will no longer be selected by default.
  • While the player is transformed into Tyth on Iokath they will now draw their weapon as intended while using Sweep and Energy Wave.
Companions
  • Companions now earn Influence from being sent on Crew Skill Missions. The amount of Influence earned is determined by the Mission Grade.
  • Shae Vizla and Theron Shan can now have their appearances customized.
Crew Skills
  • Players can now craft Tier 4 gear! These items are Artifact quality at Item Rating 246 with no set bonus.
  • Tier 4 crafting schematics can be found on Crew Skill Trainers and looted from Tier 4 Command Crates and PvP Loot Boxes.
    • Many Tier 4 crafting schematics require Iokathian Samples which can be found on the Command Token Vendor.
Flashpoints + Operations + Uprisings

Flashpoints
  • Killing Yadira Ban in The Black Talon Flashpoint will no longer drop Item Rating 200 gear.
  • Veteran Mode Flashpoint bosses now have a 100% chance to drop loot between levels 11-64 as intended.
Operations
  • Players who defeat the Infernal Council in the Eternity Vault will now receive the “Defeating the Infernal Council” Achievement as intended.
Uprisings
  • The Group Finder Mission for completing Veteran Uprisings will now progress forward as intended after completing an Uprising.

Galactic Starfighter
  • The CXP reward for completing a Galactic Starfighter match has been increased slightly.
  • Additional Galactic Starfighter Ship Customizations have been added for purchase from the Ship Hangar.
  • The following ships are now available for all players in their Galactic Starfighter Ship Hanger:
    • Republic:
      • The Sledgehammer
      • SGS-41B Comet Breaker
    • Imperial:
      • B-5 Decimus
      • GSS-5C Dustmaker
  • Ships now cost less Fleet Requisition to unlock.
  • Ship Components now cost less Ship Requisition to unlock and upgrade.
Items + Economy
  • Various Premium and Prototype items no longer require Artifact Equipment Authorization for Free-to-play players.
  • The Kurtob Alliance Speeder has received its long overdue tune-up and once again moves at the proper speed.
  • Multiple Cartel Market mounts will appear more zoomed out in the preview window.
  • The Mystic’s Polesaber now uses lightsaber mods as intended.
  • Multiple decorations have had their name corrected to properly reflect their Sand People origins.
  • The Apprentice Force-Lord’s Practice Staff is no longer invisible while sheathed.
  • When purchasing a mount from the Cartel Market the player will no longer receive the message “You already own this item” unless they actually own it.
  • Tier 1 gear can now be purchased directly for Command Tokens. Any remaining Tier 1 unassembled pieces can be traded in for Command Tokens via the Reclaimer Droid located on the fleet.
  • The consumable items Minor Fleet Requisition Grant, Fleet Requisition Grant, Major Fleet Requisition Grant, Major Ship Requisition Grant, and Minor Ship Requisition Grant now reward more Requisition upon consumption.
  • Disintegrating gear from Tier 2, 3, and 4 Command Crates are now worth more CXP. The higher the Tier the more CXP they are worth.
  • Disintegrating gear from the Command Stash is now worth more CXP based on the quality of the item. Example: Artifact quality gear will disintegrate for more CXP than Premium.
Missions + NPCs
  • Corrected an issue where a player would be unable to summon their active Companion after entering and completing a Warzone.
  • Players who abandon the Mission “Facing the Machines of War” are no longer blocked from reacquiring it.
  • Major Valor Boosts which are rewarded from Encrypted Datacubes are now bind on pickup.
  • *Spoiler* Redeemed Arcann will now appear in the Odessen Base after completing Chapter 9 of Knights of the Eternal Throne..
  • The Mission “Introduction to Starfighter” now rewards substantially more Fleet Requisition.

Warzones
  • When queueing for a Warzone, the user-interface no longer states that the player will receive Warzone Commendations as a reward.
  • Corrected an issue where players could get more than 8-players onto their team in Warzones.
That I will be able to loot while controlling a walker on Iokath makes me ridiculously happy. I'll show those beams who's boss finally!
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

I just read that the latest level of crafting materials will finally be added to the Jawa Junk vendors Tuesday. This should make crafting high level gear much easier now.
Kaurix
Baron
Baron

Post by Kaurix »

FINALLY !!!
It's easy to tell who my characters are, all their names begin with Kaur ... and probably aren't wearing pants.

Kaurix, Kaurick, Kaurith, Kaurak, Kaureth
Kaurich, Kaurik, Kaurok, Kaurek, Kaurax
Galaxiya
Countess
Countess

Post by Galaxiya »

Yay, finally!!!
My blood type is be positive. :) :bouncy :hailnor
The main toons I play, although I have many:
Galaxiya - Commando, Safphire - Sage,
Geminiya - Mercenary, Iron'Butterfly - Operative
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

I'm still patching but it seems there is nice addition that did not make it into the patch notes.

TUNINGS CAN NOW BE UNLOCKED IN COLLECTIONS!

Tuning now function in the Collection interface just like color crystals and can be freely duplicated on the character who first uses it (meaning sentinels and gunslingers and mercs, can easily get an extra tuning for their off-hand).

If you want to get tunings for other characters in your legacy, you have two options: First, pay 600 Cartel Coins to unlock them in your Collection and grab as many as you want, whenever you want. Or install the tuning in a legacy weapon, mail if to an alt who then pulls it from the legacy weapon which then unlocks the tuning for that character who can then claim additional tunings from the collections menu. The only down side to the second method is that you'll need to pay a credit cost every time you pull a tuning from a weapon, and it's not quite as convenient as the CC method.

If you already have a tuning installed, you'll need to pull it from the weapon it's in to unlock for that character's collection before claiming more to transfer via legacy weapons or unlock for your whole collection.

Lastly,the Light/Dark tunings from last summer's event do NOT seem to part of the collections, just the regular Cartel Market tunings.
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

It also seems that the new character perks to increase your speeder piloting speed are not working yet. The game will take your money, but your speed won't increase. So save your credits until BW figures this out!
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

BW has announced that patch 5.3 will be coming out in less than two weeks: July 11th!

Lots of specific details remain to be announced, including the official location of the new stronghold but based on the road map, here is what we can expect:
SISTERS OF CARNAGE - GAME UPDATE 5.3 – JULY
  • Gods from the Machine’s second encounter Aivela and Esne in Story and Veteran Mode
  • A brand-new Stronghold with a great view of the Ocean
  • The ability to search for Stronghold Decorations using new filters
  • The start of Class balance changes for the following:
    • Sorcerer/Sage
    • Powertech / Vanguard
    • Assassin / Shadow
    • Sniper / Gunslinger
    • Mercenary / Commando
    • Operative / Scoundrel
  • Appearances for additional companions can now be customized
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Something a little different this time. Charles Boyd made a long post of the official forums working out how we got from Vitiate to the Sith Emperor to Valkorian. If you're curious about the game's lore and story, you may find it fascinating to see how they connected all the dots.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... dit9347029

As you might imagine, it delves deep into spoiler territory.
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Patch note for Game Update 5.3 are up. I'm a bit too busy to transcribe 'em all, but here is the direct link:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/7112017/game-update-5.3

The two biggest additions are the new Manaan Stronghold and the Aivela and Esne encounter in Gods from the Machine.

The other big changes deal with class balance.

DPS specs of Shadows/Assassin, Sages/Sorcs, and Vanguard/Powertechs are getting buffed.

DPS Gunslingers/Snipers and Commando/Mercs are getting nerfed.

Healing Sages/Sorcs are getting nerfed hard.

Basically, I think BW wants to reign in ranged dps, buff melee a bit and knock Sages off their spot atop the healing perch where they've ruled fairly and generously for the past several years. Totally not bitter.

I will highlight one important patch note:
Character bound Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings from the Cartel Market (direct sale or packs) can no longer be moved across characters via Legacy Weapons.
Previously you'd been able to unlock color crystals and tunings in your collection by making copies and shipping them to alts via Legacy weapons without having to pay the cartel coin cost to unlock them across your account. As of Tuesday that will no longer work, so if you've got some Tunings or Color Crystals you'd like to spread around without spending the CC, today is your last chance to do so.

This trick has existed since day one of the cartel market, and I know folks on reddit are flipping tables, but it really did feel like a loop hole and I'm not too shocked that they finally closed it. But like I said, I strongly suggest folks take advantage while they can.
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Today Keith Kanneg let us in on what to expect on next month's game update: Crisis on Umbara.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=928103
Hey everyone,

We are quite a few weeks away from publishing the next 90 day update for our SWTOR Roadmap. We solidified our content plan and release schedule, so I’ll include all those details in the update. But, as you know, we’re really trying to provide you with more insight than ever before, and I’d like to know what other information you’d want to see in the Roadmap. Obviously, I can’t promise to include everything, but will do my best to address a wide variety of your requests.

Many of you read the SWTOR roadmap (http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170531), and realize I had left you with an elusive “and more to come…” in the Game Update 5.4 section. I thought this would be a good time to let you know what will be released on August 22nd with the next game update. Here’s a few highlights of what you can expect:
  • Crisis on Umbara – Our story will continue in a new Flashpoint coming on the planet of Umbara. This Flashpoint will launch with all 3 difficulties, Story, Veteran and Master. For Umbara’s Master Mode we are trying something new, and depending on how well it goes, we may do something similar for all Master Mode Flashpoints. Specifically, a player will need to have an average gear rating of 242 to use Group Finder. We won’t prevent pre-made groups from going in directly, but this will prevent under-geared players from slowing down your group. We’re adding a new average rating identifier on your character window which will be based on the items you have ‘equipped’.
  • Umbara Stronghold – This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train. You’ll need to complete the flashpoint a few times to gain access to the stronghold. Look for more details about the Stronghold in an upcoming post.
  • Companion Customization – Senya Tirall can now have her weapons and armor customized. Also, Lana, Koth, and Senya’s hairstyles are available for purchase to customize your character.
  • Quality of Life – Companions can now be summoned while moving.
    A new feature on the in-game Preference screen has been added for higher graphic settings to improve the realism of contrast and shadows.
  • Class balance – The following Disciplines are receiving changes (details will follow in the next few weeks):
  • Lethality / Ruffian
    • Concealment / Scrapper
    • Medicine / Sawbones
    • Fury / Concentration
    • Carnage / Combat
  • Season 8 will be coming to an end! We will post the full breakdown of rewards with screenshots in the coming weeks but in the meantime… the top rewards include a full weapon set and a new Ember Makrin Mount.
  • We are making changes to daily and weekly mission rewards for PvP with the intent of substantially improving Unassembled Component gain for players who complete both Ranked and Unranked missions.
Back to the Roadmap update for a moment as I’d like to provide some guidelines about the feedback. Be concise and specific. Think how it will affect other players, fairness, progression, impact, to help us truly understand and weigh your thoughts against the entire plan/direction.

Keep in mind, our goal for this year was to put us on a track of providing new and challenging multi-player content, while addressing all the gameplay systems in SWTOR. It does mean spreading content out over the year, but I still believe having access to content sooner is more desirable than having to wait a year to get it all at once.

Chat with you all soon.

Keith
We knew that the new flashpoint was coming, but that it comes with a stronghold is a surprise. That it seems be earned from completing the flashpoint rather than just being an outright purchase is an interesting change.

More class changes are coming and I'm assuming my Sentinel was be joining my other characters on the nerf boat. But at least we're getting some more haircuts!

Return to “Game Updates”