Was wonderin'

Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Re: Was wonderin'

Post by Lasarian »

HollyCNY wrote:Sharayce is a dwarf yes, but little?

...well, maybe, I forget how much I customized her at the start and how much customization I knew was available. I remember Farelina looked larger than a dwarf and I was a bit surprised to see she was one.

My rogue is started, like my warrior she's level 7. I'm a little unnerved by the constant spam of "choosing that will make you lose your purpose" every time I try to pick a new soul tree talent other than what the automated system dictates. Sounds like some kind of threat...?

"It is strongly recommended you pick (exactly so and so)."
(I tell it no, I want this instead)
"it is strongly recommended you pick (exactly so and so)."
(I tell it hey, I said I want this, okay?)
"It is *STRONGLY* recommended you pick (exactly so and so)."
(I tell it, You got clay in your ears, Clyde? What part of, I choose (THIS), didn't you understand?)
"Failure to choose *EXACTLY* (so and so) will make you lose your purpose, this is your FINAL warning."

After the 999 octillion infinitieth time, I was on the verge of calling Trion customer service to complain when I decided to ask here first, instead.
This will only happen if you select a "Purpose" - which is designed to guide the player to maximize a role. If you prefer to make all of your own choices, you can reset your souls or start a new Role. On the bottom left menu, under Player, select Soul Tree - I'm not sure what the default keybind is, I change all of mine.

Anyway, under the Soul Tree window will be a Roles button down on the bottom. From there you can Activate another or a blank Role.

You will first be presented with the Purpose window, which provides a selection of different "pre-built" roles to choose from.
Purpose01.jpg
Simply select CLOSE and you will be left with a blank Soul Tree, from which you may select any combination of Souls you prefer and allocate the points however you like.
Role01.jpg
On the blank Soul tree, just click on the center blank Soul and select from your options.
Role02.jpg
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Angelyna

Post by Angelyna »

Well bust my buttons!! :shocked

I didn't know you could do that. I don't really trust my judgement though when it comes to selecting abilities so I think I'll continue to autofill for now. What do the rest of you do? Have any of you chosen just one soul to train at the beginning?
Anyone celebrating Summerfest? :hailnor

Angelyna
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

When I first started playing again I made a few toons and went with the Autofill just because I was lazy. Its nice to have a functioning build without having to fuss over it or spend a lot of time on. You can just pick a purpose you want and get right to playing.

My main I selected all myself, after doing some research for various builds for DPS and Tanking on the RIFT forums, trying them out, tweaking them a little.

I will be participating in Summerfest, soon as I can get on for longer than an hour at a time ;-p
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Angelyna

Post by Angelyna »

A very kind thanks to Tugs (AKA "the Most Patient Dwarf in all of Telara") for helping me with my Summerfest quests yesterday! You get a :ribbon

Holly let me know if you want my help - I'm pretty sure we could do the ones in Gloamwood, Scarlet Bay and Silverwood with just the two of us. The others we'd need help getting to/finding.

Angelyna
Angelyna

Post by Angelyna »

Lasarian wrote: Anyway, under the Soul Tree window will be a Roles button down on the bottom. From there you can Activate another or a blank Role.
When I click on the Roles button a little window pops up but it is blank.
And when I select CLOSE I do not get a blank soul tree - it just closes out that window. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Angelyna
HollyCNY
Ally
Ally
Record: Recruited August 1996 (NWN on AOL)
Re-Recruited SWTOR March 2013
Squired by Tundrra SWTOR April 13, 2013

Post by HollyCNY »

When I first create a new character (this was definitely the way it was with Astina and Kimberlin), soon as I select a base class (warrior, cleric, mage or rogue), I'm taken to a screen that shows four or five purposes and if I don't highlight one when I click next, the game picks one for me. That window you posted an image of, is NOT what I get on the character creation screens. Unfortunately, all screenshot capture is disabled during the character creation process, so it's impossible to link the image I wanted to post here. And, once you spend any talent points, even letting the game engine do it for you, makes the purpose window you showed, read only; you're locked out of picking a new one.

Angelyna, I have the first Scavenger Hunt quest (Give Hylas a hug), but I don't know enough about Rift/Telara geography and lore yet to be able to figure out the riddle. I also find I keep getting distracted grabbing ore nodes haha. I AM interested in joining you for some Summerfest stuff, but I worry about how reliable I'll be since I'm not in the game a lot, and I get distracted doing other random stuff, I keep finding quests out in the middle of the wilderness and when I have to kill a mob or two while running through an area, they keep dropping quest-starting items. Many times, those items say, "Hey, turn around and go right back the way you just came from!" :rolleyes

I also might be spending a little time on Kimberlin and Astina, to get them to level 10, especially after Sharayce reaches level 18, which she's very close to now.

Which reminds me-- Riv, Tunddra, or one of the other officers, if you could send those two a tag invite? Those toons are starting to get spammed with "Hey join my guild" felgerkarb :p RIFT may not be WoW, but its guild recruiters are every bit as aggressive.
Angelyna

Post by Angelyna »

No worries Holly ~ :thumb ~ Tugs helped me finish them all yesterday - I just thought you might want some company or help finding the three I mentioned. Just yell if you do.

And I'm as confused as you are about choosing souls. I never could find the screen that shows three blank/empty souls..... :crosseyes

Angelyna
Imaultis
Realm: ArcheAge

Post by Imaultis »

HollyCNY wrote:When I first create a new character (this was definitely the way it was with Astina and Kimberlin), soon as I select a base class (warrior, cleric, mage or rogue), I'm taken to a screen that shows four or five purposes and if I don't highlight one when I click next, the game picks one for me. That window you posted an image of, is NOT what I get on the character creation screens. Unfortunately, all screenshot capture is disabled during the character creation process, so it's impossible to link the image I wanted to post here. And, once you spend any talent points, even letting the game engine do it for you, makes the purpose window you showed, read only; you're locked out of picking a new one.
Take a look at
http://www.newoutriders.org/forums/view ... =41&t=1286
Imaultis
*NOR/Lord-Realm Leader:ARC

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh
SweetPe
Lady
Lady
Realm: EverQuest 2

Post by SweetPe »

<<<gives Imaultis TL!!!!!>>> :smash
SweetPe
*NOR\\Emeritus
Keeper of the NOR crayolas!
Imaultis
Realm: ArcheAge

Post by Imaultis »

SweetPe wrote:<<<gives Imaultis TL!!!!!>>> :smash
What did I did?

Pe, you have to actually come IN to Rift to gimme TL. It's a new rule I just made up cause it sounds good:)
Imaultis
*NOR/Lord-Realm Leader:ARC

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh

Return to “Tempest Bay”