Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Matchmaking FAQ

Post by Talolan »

Matchmaking FAQ
We recently launched our matchmaking system for SolForge and we have received a number of questions about it, so we wanted to address them in one central place.

Q: I heard matchmaking was just launched this week. That sounds awesome, but what does it mean?

A: We have implemented an algorithm to pair players with opponents who have demonstrated similar results to ensure that it’s easier to find good games.

Q: Sweet! How do I use matchmaking? I don’t see anywhere to choose to play a matchmade game.

A: You don’t have to do anything. You’ll be automatically paired using our matchmaking system any time you use the queue to find a random opponent.

Q: How can I see my rating? I want to know how where I stand on the leaderboards!

A: We don’t have any visual display of your matchmaking rating – it’s just there to help pair people up on a more level playing field. We have plans to implement things like leaderboards at a later time, but we aren’t ready to discuss the details of that yet. We can tell you that they won’t be using your matchmaking rating to rank you – the only function your matchmaking rating will have is to pair you appropriately.

Q: What happens if I played my best deck and won a lot, and now I want to try out a new deck? Do I risk hurting my rating?

A: Your matchmaking rating will never be used for anything besides finding appropriate opponents in the random queue – don’t worry about “risking” it by playing different decks.

Q: I just joined a game for the first time since the update and I got paired against someone with a much better/worse deck than me! Is matchmaking working?

A: It’s working – it just takes some time to get players seeded appropriately. Only games played since the matchmaking system went live are counted toward your matchmaking rating, so your first games after the update will see you paired against other people just entering the pool as well.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.

Return to “CCG League”