Relics

Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

Re: Relics

Post by Intisar »

Filling relic slots can be a bit troublesome since the best ones can be a bit tough to acquire.

Serendipitous Assault relics are excellent for any flavor of dps. The Arkanian version, however, is only available as drop from Ops or as a quest reward for completing the Oricon/Dread Fortress quest. You’ll get a choice of a second relic for completing Dread Palace as well.

You can also get the Conquerer Relic of Serendipitous Assault from the pvp vendors. The cost in warzone comms is modest. I recently go one for my agent and had more than enough comms after completing the daily warzone quest twice and the weekly once. The Obroan version takes ranked comms, but is superior to the Arkanian version. If you would prefer to avoid warzones completely, the upcoming Gree event has two quests in the free-for-all pvp zone that reward Warzone comms.

You might get some contradictory information from the forums because until recently two SA relics of different types, say Obroan and Conqueror, could trigger at the same time allowing the bonus procs to stacks, so for quite some time dual SA relics were the way to go. They have finally banged out that bug, so you should be using two different types of relics.

Generally the second best choice (at the Arkanian and Underworld level) is the Boundless Ages relic, but only if you remember to activate it as often as possible and during burn periods when you need to maximize your damage.

Some folks (like myself to be honest), don’t care for On Use relics and prefer those that activate automatically, such as the Cerulean Nova or Elemental Transcendance relics. If you go that way, make sure the bonus damage from the relic lines up with the type of damage your character deals. Knights and Consulars should use relics that proc Force damage and Smugglers and Troopers should use relics that proc Tech damage. Beyond that, the various relics do still more different types of damage: elemental, kinetic, internal, etc., some of which match up better with different specs and I suggest checking the class forums to see which work best.

You can try out a relic for a couple hours and return it to any vendor for a full refund. Equip it, zip over to the Gav Daragon, turn on combat logging, and have a go at the Target Dummy for a few minutes. Try out a couple different relics and compare the logs on torparse to see which works best for you.
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention.

I have had no issues getting stuff crafted using the folks that volunteer on the message boards to craft. When I've done it, I've contacted them in game first to make arrangements.

If you are nervous about it, when mailing mats, you can attach a 1 credit COD to the mail to let you know when they've claimed them. Under the worst case scenario, open a ticket to customer support. I bet all trades and conversations are logged, so Bioware can tell if you've been ripped off and at least they can restore your mats.

Also be sure to tip your crafter. They may not ask for one, but it's the cool thing to do.
Last edited by Intisar on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alystri
Knight
Knight
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited 8\8\2013
Squire 10\17\2013
Knight 1\16\2014
Champion 3\11\2014 Promoted by Zyera
DMG 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Baron 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Return to NOR as squire 6\9\2015
Re-Promoted to Knight 11/14/2015

Post by Alystri »

Intisar,

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it! I will go for a SA paired with a Elemental Transcendence.

Aly
Alystri (Level 60 Watchman Sentinel)
Alyianna (Level 55 Vanguard Tank)
Tru-alanna (Level 12 Jedi Sage-Healer)
Skyleth
Champion
Champion

Post by Skyleth »

Typically Dark Radiance works better unless it has been changed since I was AFK. It does an average of 50DPS which is above all other force proc relics for sentinels. Be aware however, that right now the mainstat proc relic is changed on test server for patch 2.5 and has been buffed considerably. Should this buff make it to live servers then it will most likely be the best dps/heal relic out there when paired with an SA relic.
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

I didn't have access to a guide I saved about relics when I wrote my original post, but it is basically a longer version of what Sky said:
>>
Proc Damage

These relics are an overall DPS gain for every class, just not as much as the power proc relic (should only be a small difference). Bioware has switched which relics are tied to what type of user (tech vs force) so be careful which one you buy. Do not just get the same one as you had at level 50.

Tech users (Smugglers and Troopers) have 2 options: Relic of the Cerulean Nova (Energy) and Relic of Elemental Transcendence (elemental). Energy damage is mitigated by armor so only Gunnery Commandos should use this. All other tech users should get a Relic of Elemental Transcendence. There is no Underworld tier relic with internal or elemental tech damage at this time, so hold off on that if you're going that route.

Force users (Consulars and Knights) have 2 options: Relic of the Kinetic Tempest (Kinetic) and Relic of Dark Radiance (Internal). Kinetic damage is likewise mitigated by armor, so only Combat Sentinels should get this. All other force users should get a Relic of Dark Radiance. Force users do not have the same issues as tech users at the Underworld level, so go nuts!

>>

The main stat relic Sky mentioned, the Dread Guard Relic of Focused Retribution is incredibly sweet, but the Arkanian version you get a reward from completing Dread Palace was not buffed and is pretty meager. I haven't tested it, but I suspect Boundless Ages still better. I don't think there is a Underworld version. There are, however, PVP Focused Retribution relics, but although the Obroan version is very nice, the Conquerer's relic has only a slightly better proc than its Arkanian counterpart.
Doz
Squire
Squire
Record: Joined NOR 11/24/2013
NOR Squire 01/2014
NOR Knight 03/2014

Post by Doz »

(Smugglers) Relic of the Cerulean Nova <<< :thumb

If anyone is leveling up then please go to Oricon and run the Ops Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, When you finishes it will give you 2 ea. 55 Relic.
The issue that I have encountered is we when the DF or DP complete quest popup shows you 8 different relics. I was like which one? :shocked

Having this info will help many with choices.

Thank you Intisar :aletoast
SWTOR Characters Legacy 50
Smuggler/ Scoundrel Sawbones Healer Dozi L55 / Biochem
Smuggler/ Scoundrel Scrapper DPS Doz L55 /Cybertech
Imperial Agent /Sniper Marksman DPS Lost'Her L55/Armormech
Imperial Agent /Operative Healer Lost'Him L55/Biochem
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Choose the Relic of Serendipitous Assault. Aside from being, by far, the best choice it is also not available from the commendations vendor. You can grab a Boundless Ages or Cerulean Nova relic from the Basic Comms vendor for your second slot.
Doz
Squire
Squire
NOR Squire 01/2014
NOR Knight 03/2014

Post by Doz »

Lost'Her Sniper has Relic of Serendipitous Assault and Relic of the Cerulean Nova and I will put the same on Doz Scoundrel. :thumb
Doz
Squire
Squire
NOR Squire 01/2014
NOR Knight 03/2014

Post by Doz »

I picked up 2 Relics from the Ops Dread Palace run Saturday Night.
Arkanian Relic of Focused Retribution and Fortunate Redoubt.
I am saving up my Basic coms for Arkanian Relic of Cerulean Nova for I have Serendipitous Assault installed 1 spot and Augmented 66. :aletoast
Doz
Squire
Squire
NOR Squire 01/2014
NOR Knight 03/2014

Post by Doz »

Smugglers Doz is all set with Serendipitous Assault and Relic of the Cerulean Nova. All Augmented Purple 66 :thumb

Return to “Cantina”