Norbies in real life events?

Hang out, talk, post whatever is on your mind.
XLady Elidriel
Founder
Founder
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Norbies in real life events?

Post by XLady Elidriel »

I'm sure this question has been asked before... and I know there must be Norbies all over the world, but do any of you go to cons and things? Do you ever ride your Harleys up to the local tavern and toss one back with the homies?

I often wonder how many unknown faces I passed at Dragon Con last year, or at Celebration VI, or even locally (to me) at Wondercon in Anaheim, or San Diego Comic Con.

I'll be at Wondercon this year. Anyone else?
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Re: Norbies in real life events?

Post by Lasarian »

XLady Elidriel wrote:I'm sure this question has been asked before... and I know there must be Norbies all over the world, but do any of you go to cons and things? Do you ever ride your Harleys up to the local tavern and toss one back with the homies?

I often wonder how many unknown faces I passed at Dragon Con last year, or at Celebration VI, or even locally (to me) at Wondercon in Anaheim, or San Diego Comic Con.

I'll be at Wondercon this year. Anyone else?
The last con I went to was a small one in Albany, NY. I had planned to attend the Dragon con, but had to cancel. It has been many years since I rode my Harley to the local, or even distant, tavern ... that reminds me actually I told Burley I would post a pic the bike. Ooops.

There are also the Bashes of course, which we plan ourselves. I am hoping to start planning for the 25th Anniversary sooner rather than later. It would be lovely if you would attend.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
HollyCNY
Ally
Ally
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited August 1996 (NWN on AOL)
Re-Recruited SWTOR March 2013
Squired by Tundrra SWTOR April 13, 2013

Post by HollyCNY »

I can't afford to travel far, and I can't afford hotels if I DO travel, so mostly I'm only outbound from the city when visiting my family. Last time I went to a Con was in the summer of 2000, and I was in a lot of trouble for some time afterward. I have some nice memories of the Con, but I shouldn't have went.

Big as my home town is, I very very rarely meet people online who live close by. Going to a tavern is pointless since I don't drink alcohol nor drive a car.

As I said in my re-introductory post when I rejoined NOR last year, my lifestyle is pretty isolated. Not really by choice, but I play the hand I was dealt.
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

My household doesn't own a car, nor do we drive, so it isn't often that we get out to events outside the city we live in.

However, last year we did get the chance to take a train up to Washington and attend the weekend long KumoriCon with our daughter. That was a LOT of fun. Met some really nice people and spent way too much money on souvenirs. We are planning on going again this year. :)
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
XLady Elidriel
Founder
Founder
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Post by XLady Elidriel »

Lasarian wrote:There are also the Bashes of course, which we plan ourselves. I am hoping to start planning for the 25th Anniversary sooner rather than later. It would be lovely if you would attend.
If you give me enough warning, and I'm not destitute, Damien and I and our son will attend!!! :D Or at least me.
Bard
Lord
Lord
Record: Recruited: Sometime in 1996 in NWN on AOL

Post by Bard »

I live in the Deep South (Baton Rouge) so the chances of running into me are few and far between ;) I do, however, tend to toss a few back at a bar called Huey's (downtown).

I've been to a couple of bashes (back in the NWN and early EQ days) and had a blast. I have an upcoming wedding then we look to be house-buying next year so my trips will be confined mainly to the areas from Austin, Texas (soon-to-be sister-in-law and her family live there) to Mobile, Alabama (soon-to-be brother-in-law and his family lives there).
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

I've never been to a comic-con but I would love to do so! Unfortunately for me, those events don't come to our area. However, the bashes are awesome! I've only been to a "mini" bash this past year but am looking forward to going to a bigger one in the future. I think about my fellow NOR alot and would love to meet everyone and have a drink or two! Hope you get to come to the 25th anniversary one, Elidriel!!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF

Return to “"The Tavern"”