Online Application

Information and updates related directly to the guild website.
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Re: Online Application

Post by Lasarian »

I am going to return to the original plan for Online Application notifications, as follows:

When an applicant selects a game, the code will send notifications to a specific set of emails which has been edited, added to and expanded since it was uploaded.

As these are likely to change over time, and have already, my preference would be to adjust the code as follows:

Each realm gets its own email address, for example: swtor@newoutriders.org

Whenever someone applies, notification would be sent to that email address. Anyone who should be receiving this information would therefore setup their email client to receive emails from that account, but they must be certain to select "LEAVE A COPY OF MESSAGES ON SERVER"

This is the crucial step - otherwise, the first person to check their email will receive the message and no one else will.

In this way, if Tundrra wants two or three or 10 people to receive these notices, I don't have to add or subtract multiple email addresses from the code and then re-upload it. Tundrra can just instruct people on how to add the email address to their email client.

Failing this, of course, with a login you can just check the Application on the Roster itself directly.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
rallis
Duke
Duke

Post by rallis »

that sounds great to me.
Rallis,

Marquis
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

• Updated the email notifications as outlined above and on this post: http://newoutriders.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1773;
  • Added the 'datepicker' function to the DOB on the app, as apparently the guidance to use the format mm-dd-yyyy was simply too much for people to handle;
  • Added 'Nomads' as a selection under 'Game';
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

It would appear that the validation code for the Application has suddenly decided to stop working.

Previously, you could not submit an Application without filling out a minimum number of fields, but this now has failed. Applicants who omit their Character name or other information may have applications that fail to transfer to the Roster in part or entirely.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Uh oh. o-o

I have email copies of every app from swtor if you need anything or help let me know.
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Return to “Website”