Heartstone League

Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Re: Heartstone League

Post by Talolan »

While Hearthstone is a fun game, I'm thinking this is probably a bad idea.

After several months playing Solforge, Hearthstone, MTG, and a few others, I don't believe that the NOR CCG League can work in games that aren't brand new, like Solforge was when we did that tournament.

Trading-Card Games and Collectible-Card Games are inherently pay-to-win, and Hearthstone has been around long enough that I believe the only person who would have any fun is the person who has spent the most money on the game to date.

Solforge worked because it was brand new, and we all came in on a level playing field.

Hearthstone is awful for new players who want to stay Free-to-Play. Between Naxrammas, Goblins vs Gnomes and now Blackrock Mountain, I don't believe a new player has any hope against an experienced player. Unless somebody is willing to put down $50, I don't think this would be any fun for the majority.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

None of these problems is insurmountable of course.

So gather some more friends.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
rallis
Duke
Duke

Post by rallis »

we could limit everyones decks to just basic cards and have it that way. Just an idea. But do agree with your reasons why this could be unbalanced.
Rallis,

Marquis
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

rallis wrote:we could limit everyones decks to just basic cards and have it that way. Just an idea. But do agree with your reasons why this could be unbalanced.
I was thinking Basic/Rare, and leave out the Epic/Legendary. At least until we have like 20 people, then we can split into two leagues. A "Pro" league and an "Amateur" league.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Return to “CCG League”