Star Citizen

What new games are you looking forward to? Want to set up a branch? Just want to share the excitement? Tell NOR all about it, make your pitch here!
Aglavalin
Knight
Knight
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Unicorn

Re: Star Citizen

Post by Aglavalin »

I do not see much interest in Star Citizen here, so I will probably drop from the NOR guild and join a very large one a co-worker is in.

I hear they will let us be in more than one guild/corporation in the future so I can always get back into chat that way.

With a large universe to explore, being in a guild with 2000 members will give me something to do and someone to call for help no matter where I am...

Ag
Alumni of: NWN, The Realm, Shadows of Yserbius, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Faldon, Everquest, Star Wars Galaxy, Lord of The Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Neverwinter, Rift, Elder Scrolls Online, plus more that I can't recall...
jara
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by jara »

Until we get more information about the open world I don't think guild size will be much of a factor. There is a lot of wait and see interest in NOR. I don't expect to see a lot of interest until the game is in a beta phase and the persistent universe starts to get more developed.

Multi player just came to alpha and there is one sector to explore. Lot of bugs and disconnects from what I have been able to see but holy cow is it awesome. If anyone has Arena Commander access in the game and want to team up and explore some let me know. I have very little time these days but would like to see what can be done on my ship with other people.
Jara
Capt Kellix
*NOR//DK- Inactive Officer
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

jara wrote:...There is a lot of wait and see interest in NOR. I don't expect to see a lot of interest until the game is in a beta phase and the persistent universe starts to get more developed.
Jara knows this due to co-forming ArcheAge, but the biggest factor is if a member or two is interested enough to lead the branch. Once some one steps up many will follow and from there recruiting will grow the guild branch....but being in alpha still doesn't help any of that ;)
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Aglavalin
Knight
Knight

Post by Aglavalin »

The beginnings of Star Citizen are up and running now. The Alpha v. 2.0.0 is up and playable right now. It is the beginnings of the playable MMO. So far it is just one planet with some moons and space stations to visit.

The next version is already being publicly tested and will be available to all by the end of the year.

I have started streaming Star Citizen on Twitch.tv so I'll post a new thread with info on that to come order me what to do in game while you watch!
Alumni of: NWN, The Realm, Shadows of Yserbius, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Faldon, Everquest, Star Wars Galaxy, Lord of The Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Neverwinter, Rift, Elder Scrolls Online, plus more that I can't recall...
Eastwood
Squire
Squire
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Post by Eastwood »

I just wanted to let you few know that I bought Star Citizen tonight ... the 45 dollar setup ... none of the extra stuff or subscription just yet. I haven't been in game yet, but I plan to stick with it. I am kinda hoping NOR will retain a presence there. I also secured an xbox 360 controller for use with the game. I'd watched a video that weighed the pros/cons of controllers, joysticks, and kb/mouse. I'll have 2 of the 3 ... it's tough finding a decent joystick, much less a decent one that doesn't cost a ridiculous amount.
Aglavalin
Knight
Knight

Post by Aglavalin »

I'm playing daily in SC right now. And anyone who buys any starter package can play now too.

The best starter pack is the Aurora LN ship package, which includes the Squadron 42 game which will be split off Feb 14th into a separate game with a separate cost. So buy it now! LOL

There is also a fly free day right now, Sunday. So give it a looksee!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... er-Updates

Return to “Discussion”