GW2: Tips and Tricks

Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Recruit: 9/26/15, Squire: 10/16/15, Baroness: 4/10/16

GW2: Tips and Tricks

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

There are a lot of really excellent guides and walk throughs on this forum already, but I feel like there's so MUCH STUFF in this game that this might be a good place to post small things you've discovered in the course of playing. For example, the tip about hitting the PvP button on the top screen menu and being able to port to the Heart of the Mists lobby area to find a bank, Black Lion trader and merchant in close proximity and then port right back to where you were previously has been such a handy one (and no PvP required, hooray)!

One thing I recently discovered is that if you finish out your map of cities, you'll get transmutations as rewards (handy for Pretty Pretty Princess days). However, if you finish out your map of various locales (Queensdale or Caledon forest, for example), you will get Black Lion Chest keys (along with some area-level gear) - which I find fantastic because I hate to buy them from the Gem Store :tongue2

What things have you discovered that make life easier/game play more fun?
Guild Wars 2: Quirk.8056
Image Fribble Image (And too many more to count!)

SWTOR: The Kos Legacy
Soulfinger
Squire
Squire
Realm: RIFT

Re: GW2: Tips and Tricks

Post by Soulfinger »

Probably common knowledge but you don't have to do the dailies with only one character. You can even do the dailies with one character and log in with another character for the rewards. Rewards scale by level, so it's a good idea to log in with your highest level character to collect the top reward.
SWTOR Republic - Poobah (60 Guardian), Fece (60 Scoundrel)
SWTOR Imperial - Soulfinger (60 Sorcerer), Solsismic (51 Powertech), Isith (50 Marauder), Sinet (20 Operative)

Free Tadziki? Yah! --Treek.
Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

This may be common knowledge but I just discovered it for myself: Orr has lots of nice exotic gear sets for karma, called Temple Armor. Here's a page on the wiki about the sets (which runes they have) and where you can find them. They're expensive, but I wasn't doing anything with my karma anyways except gathering more. Fribble has the berserker set (Rune of Grenth) now.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temple_armor

Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

Another thing to note I just discovered yesterday - you cannot equip 2 ascended rings with the same stats (or basically, the same ascended ring). If you get 2 [Ring of Red Death] for example, you can only use one of them.

Windemere
Duke
Duke

Post by Windemere »

Ismene (Quirk) wrote:Another thing to note I just discovered yesterday - you cannot equip 2 ascended rings with the same stats (or basically, the same ascended ring). If you get 2 [Ring of Red Death] for example, you can only use one of them.
I got interrupted by something yesterday when I was about to tell you that there is a workaround for this. You can turn one of them into an atuned version and I believe they are treated as different rings in that case.

For more information, check out the notes for Unique item restrictions.
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image

Return to “Guides & Resources”