Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Dragon Flight Raid - Lets talk strategy

Post by Tundrra »

Phelaia wrote:
Another idea: on a slower night, the typical Red team can practice on just Red and Blue on a free run.

Any ideas?
Also we could to a 3 dragon night without green. Single group black. Then do the red->blue combo.
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
RJC9000
Ally
Ally
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: 12/14/14 - Recruitment (*cues With Us/Stalwarts Unite/Together We Ride/Comrades*)

5/12/15 - Squired

9/11/15 - Golden Aldobora Tree awarded

(insert date here) - Knighted
Location: Somewhere in the lands of Akaneia, Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, or Tellius...

Post by RJC9000 »

Phelaia wrote: Perhaps the pair that gets left on Red can be one DPS geared to the teeth, plus a buff/heal DC. I would nominate Q and Juez, as Juez is our most sturdy DC with an AC that rivals a GF.... Wait...I have a wacky idea: Since I have 2 DCs with High Prophet and 2 CWs with High Vizier, I can park one at each corner of the map *before* the fight, I can just log between the dragons and help as needed. I would need to coordinate with each team to figure out which toon to park where though. Hector and Ziek, any ideas?
Imo why are we even leaving players at dragons in the first place? Just assign your dragon killers as normal, and when (x) colored dragon hits 15% HP, just send your killers off to assassinate the dragon.

I prefer to avoid this awkward situation where your killers (Rain/Udo/Nimblee/etc.) are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs when they could apply pointy objects on a dragon that needs moar deeps. Only time I could see the Dragon Killers camping their dragons is when the entire team moves out to Blue (and for that dragon, you'd likely want to have Juez' frame 1 reactions + buffs and Q's 4k GWF applying moar deeps on Blue.)

Healer DC on Red, Righteous DC on Blue, Master of Flame on Green, and Spellstorm on Black.

I'm assuming your Healing DC is playing on Red, as per usual.

Spellstorm goes to Black due to wanting to avoid the DoTs from our first dragon whittle (ie, the part where we want to screw up the least).

Master of Flame goes to Green due to wanting to keep up the pressure while that stupid dragon's fog is on the ground and our team is getting downed.

Righetous on Blue due to our team usually rocking a Healadin, a Faithful Cleric, and a possible Anointed Champion Cleric. That's more than enough heals/mitigation and some buffs (Condemned + Emp. Break the Spirit + Bear your Sins + High Prophet = somewhere near a 150%+ multiplicative damage bonus) would be great for the last dragon to tackle (ie: when we're out of time).
This is a message from Lord Nergal...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Characters (NWO):
Hector (SM Destro GWF)
Micaiah (SS Thaum CW)
Saint Elimine (DO Righetous DC)
Anri (SM Tact GF)
Mark (Justice Healadin)
Kermit
Count
Count

Post by Kermit »

Just read as well:
Your companion is not helping on blue! Indeed, Blue dragon likes to target your companion (and thus wipe the everyone when AoE)
Advise is to use Augment pets or nothing...

Now how do I dimiss a perma puppet?!
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

Kermit, that puppet is not a companion. It should not draw any aggro. In fact, it's supposed to draw aggro away from you. That said, I still have not figured out just how I get zapped in there yet. Everything is a little funky in that blue dragon's arena.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter

Return to “Raids”