Fangbreaker Island (possible spoilers)

Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Fangbreaker Island (possible spoilers)

Post by Ziek88 »

Just opened the door and dabbled in there a bit yesterday. Anyone else from NOR ready to start tackling this new dungeon? Would love to start working through it so we can add it to our completion list.

*Glitch Alert*
Scourge Warlock at second boss. Do not use Arms of Hadar. Will cause the dungeon to break and you will not be able to continue.

This dungeon will be easiest for ranged DPS players.

Boss 1: Hati (Manticore)
Honestly just a brute force fight. For the first 75% it is nuke him with everything you have and just avoid his major AOE attacks. He has a front arc knockup which only the tank should need to worry about. No, you cannot shield it. You must dodge it. He also has a backside arc attack which the DPS need to avoid. Anytime he is on the cliff, stand directly under the cliff under the wall till the avalanche finishes.

Boss 2: Dragon Turtle
I have very little input on this. Apparently Arms of Hadar from a SW can perma break this boss so he never attacks. I would recommend not doing this as it also breaks the dungeon and you cannot proceed without dealing with some incredibly irritating work arounds.

Boss 3: Drufi
She does all the same abilities you saw during the campaign mission or the weekly mission when you fight her. In addition to those, she has an ability where she targets a member of the team. When this happens, huddle up to spread the damage out and healers/tanks do the best damage mitigation for the party you can. She spawns big shards of ice in the battlefield with this attack. Kite her away from the ice and DO NOT DESTROY THEM. You need them for her other new attack "Call of Winter". She jumps to the edge of the map and you must all hide behind one of those blocks of ice. If you do not hide behind that block of ice you will be one shot. No exceptions from what it seems.
Last edited by Ziek88 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Fangbreaker Island

Post by Tundrra »

Ziek88 wrote:Just opened the door and dabbled in there a bit yesterday. Anyone else from NOR ready to start tackling this new dungeon? Would love to start working through it so we can add it to our completion list.

/jealous:) I would to see some new dungeons...I would have to have time for old dungeons:p
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Re: Fangbreaker Island (possible spoilers)

Post by Ziek88 »

Got a great successful run in. Total time as ~1 hour including having to work around a glitch that stalled us for 15 minutes.

Party composition
Me - GF
Arbitrarity - DC (Unrepentent)
Loboguild - CW (BOOZE)
LFG Pug - CW
Legit Pug - SW
fangbreaker complete.png
fangbreaker complete.png (116.96 KiB) Viewed 3583 times
Looking forward to doing this with the people of NOR :).
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Kermit
Count
Count

Post by Kermit »

The glitch should had been fixed last patch (it was the "Certain class powers no longer cause certain bosses to give up on their dedication to violence.")

I'm almost there I think... 3090 iLvl and 3 pieces set.

Looking forward to group with NOR!
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

Kermit wrote:The glitch should had been fixed last patch (it was the "Certain class powers no longer cause certain bosses to give up on their dedication to violence.")

I'm almost there I think... 3090 iLvl and 3 pieces set.

Looking forward to group with NOR!

They lie. It definitely still causes the glitch and breaks the boss.

I will probably be giving this at least 1 run nightly now for the ten towns supplies at the end so let me know once you crack the door. Love to have your warlock murder things.
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
RJC9000
Ally
Ally
Record: 12/14/14 - Recruitment (*cues With Us/Stalwarts Unite/Together We Ride/Comrades*)

5/12/15 - Squired

9/11/15 - Golden Aldobora Tree awarded

(insert date here) - Knighted
Location: Somewhere in the lands of Akaneia, Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, or Tellius...

How2Fangbreaker

Post by RJC9000 »

Best Guide out there: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/never ... alkthrough

Ran it with Lia, Sharp, Freedom, and Michela on preview. It was not a good first run, but we won.

Don't bother with Knight Captain. Seriously, don't bother. You will die.
HV/HP work as long as your users can avoid attacks. Make sure you're abusing the extra long invincibility frames on the dodges.
ConqGFs can produce faster runs but TacGFs make the run easier.

You have about 1 billion or more HP to burn through in the dungeon. While you can bring 3 DPSers, remember that buffs and debuffs pretty much increase your damage by stupid amounts (think 3-10 times more). Time them accordingly so your team can do a lot of damage when everything is up. Here are some buffs/debuffs that I have considered:

GF: ITF, marking enemies, Commander's Strike
DC: Empowered Break the Spirit, Divine Glow, Hallowed Ground, Annointed Army, Bear your Sins
Paladin: Aura of Courage, Aura of Wisdom, Aura Gifts, Bane (apply on your DPSer if you are a Healadin)
SW: duckonaplate (space it so it's on the enemy and on your team)
HR: Longstrider's Shot and Aspect of the Pack
MoF CW: The Chaos Capstone, Swath of Destruction, Combustive Action (applies a 24% debuff on all sources), Nightmare Wizardry, Abyss of Chaos (if you need to tack on extra DPS)
TR: Wicked Reminder

Some of the mechanics (hypothermia) will seem like a violation of common sense, so don't let it get the better of you.

The initial hill climb is brutal for the unprepared. Be careful about pulling mobs and kill the drummers first.

The loot sucks. Guranteed rank 8, sure, but the most valuable thing to make from the dungeon are the purple Everfrost kits, which can be made from the Ten Towns Supplies (rings and armor are a bonus). I believe day1 FBI made them sell for 700K apiece.

It can take a while to beat the bosses. I ran it for about an hour (which is the common runtime I'm seeing in other places).
This is a message from Lord Nergal...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Characters (NWO):
Hector (SM Destro GWF)
Micaiah (SS Thaum CW)
Saint Elimine (DO Righetous DC)
Anri (SM Tact GF)
Mark (Justice Healadin)
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

I cannot agree more with your info and I did skim that guide post completion. It is very well detailed. I can say having a very skilled healer made a world of difference and Lobo is MoF which allowed us to shred through things much easier. Drufi was actually a 3 man fight in my run (0 wipes) because lobo and the sw died very early in. The SW was running TT which destroyed all the ice blocks we needed to hide behind. Lobo was an unfortunate casualty of that. From start to killing turtle was ~ 20 minutes. Fixing the glitch took about 15 and Drufi took about 20 minutes as a 3 man. 1 hour sounds about right for an unexperienced but decently built and mechanically sound group. I bet that time reduces with full experienced groups that know how to opperate.

Ideally, I would want some form of heavy debuffer in every run at least until power creep makes group composition less important but I suspect that will take some time.
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Kermit
Count
Count

Post by Kermit »

How to know your everfrost resist %?

Hit C, look under your stat on the right side

Last one under the defense section is your everfrost resist from your armor. It doesn't take in account your boons.
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

The boons do count just not in the stat sheet. Before the patch, nothing showed in the stat sheet. You basically just have to add it up the old fashioned way. It all counts for entering the dungeon.

Kermit, does this mean you have cracked the door? Rabbit's SW can crack it any day now with some brief HE grinding. Getting close to having enough NOR to start tackling FBI.
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Kermit
Count
Count

Post by Kermit »

Pretty much
I just need the 6000 frosties to unlock FBI in the campaign window. I shall farm HE for 2-3 hours right away and be done with

Return to “Dungeons & Raids”