DLC worth it?

Malkion
Count
Count
Realm: SW: The Old Republic

DLC worth it?

Post by Malkion »

I see some DLC packs are available. But the prices! whoosh $75 for the dragonborn. Are they worth the cost? Do I buy them all or are there ones that are meh?
Malkion
*NOR/CT/WOW ~ Classic
Viscount/Grandee of The New Outriders
Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: DLC worth it?

Post by Ziek88 »

Very little in Neverwinter is worth spending real money on unfortunately. The one and only discrepency is VIP. VIP is worth ever penny. If you fail to renew it will never degrade ranks so when you do renew you start where you left off. Once at higher ranks you gain more in game currency, faster experience, sign post, portable postal and bank things. Lots of seemingly minor but once you have them you will never go back features.

The trick to sustaining VIP is farm hard and use currency gained via VIP to exchange astral diamonds to Zen. Hoard the zen until a big store sale hits (probably near thanksgiving) and buy a 6 month VIP. Once you get to the 6 month block purchase, VIP will pay fir itself.

As for the packs, I would only ever consider buying a race if you really like it or want to achieve absolute maximum potential for a class. I do personally have dragonborn but any race is viable for any class. There is an alternate way to unlock it. If you look in the zen store there should be a dragonborn race reroll for 3500 zen. This one drops mostly trivial items that are in the $75 pack and lets you change your character to dragonborn while also unlocking dragonborn for future alts. You can either buy zen ($35 in this case) or farm a boatload, but achievable amount of astral diamonds. Both these values ~halved if you buy during the zen store sale.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

There are a few things that I've purchased:

1. VIP, and this one is definitely worth it. I'm lazy, so I use the free daily key to open just one lockbox a day. Whatever pack drops out of it, I dump it onto the auction house at market price. It's a good way to get rich slowly.

2. A purple level mount. Starting in Mod 3, the zones got bigger and bigger over time. The additional speed is worth it. You also don't get shot down as often.

3. The Erinyes, which is in the Scourge Warlock Pack. This is an account-wide unlock, which means that no matter how many toons you roll up, they can all claim one. If you favor DPS classes, the extra 5% crit severity is always on and is nothing to ignore.

4. If you're an alt-aholic, get the Inscribed Garments. This is also an account-wide unlock. You level crazy fast with these on.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
nmates
Knight
Knight

Post by nmates »

Also, as hinted at above, never pay full price. There is historically a big sale around Black Friday, which has been in the 40-50% off range.
Malkion
Count
Count
Realm: SW: The Old Republic

Post by Malkion »

Awesome thanks for the info!
Malkion
*NOR/CT/WOW ~ Classic
Viscount/Grandee of The New Outriders

Return to “Information & Updates”