[GW2] Vote - Should We Change Guild Halls?

Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

[GW2] Vote - Should We Change Guild Halls?

Post by Zyera »

Vote - Should We Change Guild Halls?

Hail*NOR/!

The officers and myself have been looking closely at the NOR guild hall situation. With Path of Fire, there was a new guild hall added - Windswept Haven - Which is what we claim currently. Before, we were at the Gilded Hollow. Both Gilded Hollow and Lost Precipice came with Heart of Thorns.

The more research and exploration I have of each three of the guild halls, Windswept Haven is actually very small. Which isn't always bad! But sadly that means we are very limited in space for NORbies to decorate. There are very limited spaces for housing.

Windswept also has another major problem- The guild nodes do not give crystals for the guild specific weapons and armor! Without those crystals, you cannot make them. Windeswept does have some perks, it's already fairly pre-decorated and, of course similar to all other PoF maps, gorgeous! But space is indeed limited.

I have been feeling that there is more cons than pros for Windswept, and figured the old HoT Guild Halls gave us more freedom so I wanted to put it up to a vote. The most popular Guild Hall map for housing is Lost Precipice as it has dozens of little empty houses scattered all over the map. Gilded Hollow has some, but not as many. If we move to Lost Precipice, it would be very easy to section off a house/building for members for decorating!

If we change Guild Halls, we need to reclaim it (100g & 150 favor) but we will not lose any upgrades!

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to post or contact us! Thanks!

Guild Halls

Lost Precipice: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Precipice
Lost Precipice is a guild hall in a hidden canyon refuge. It is where the Forgotten and a select few Zephyrites began their journey together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gilded Hollow (Old GH): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gilded_Hollow
The Gilded Hollow is one of the two guild halls located in the Heart of Maguuma. It is accessed via the Sealed Passageway located beneath Tarir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windswept Haven (Current): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Windswept_Haven
Windswept Haven is a Guild Hall introduced in the Path of Fire expansion. The Guild Hall offers less explorational value compared to the former two Guild Halls and has a more compact, but very detailed architectural design. The theme in this Guild Hall is similar to the one found in the Domain of Vabbi explorable map.

Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Oldgoat
Knight
Knight

Re: [GW2] Vote - Should We Change Guild Halls?

Post by Oldgoat »

No real preference for me. I only knew Guided Hollow and then Windswept. If, as it sounds, Lost Precipice makes the most sense: Make it So!
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Oldgoat wrote:No real preference for me. I only knew Guided Hollow and then Windswept. If, as it sounds, Lost Precipice makes the most sense: Make it So!
Only if the votes say so! :D But it is the one we havent seen yet as a guild! :)

:hailnor

Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

We'll be closing votes on Wednesday 2/7 - For guild missions that night, we'll do a claiming Guild Hall event if votes say to change!

Thank you!

:hailnor

Sylvia Lea
Champion
Champion

Post by Sylvia Lea »

I haven't seen Lost Precipice in person, but watched a video tour of it just now and it is so much bigger! It breaks my heart a bit about Windswept Haven because the architecture is so beautiful, but there is so much less to customize and the added plus with being able to get Shimmering/Tenebrous weapons (depending on which hall we claim) puts me over the edge. With the guild expanding, I think it makes more sense to take a hall with more space and housing so that guildies can feel free to help customize and even create a space of their own.

Return to “Guild Hall”