KTeam Challenge

Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

KTeam Challenge

Post by Ziek88 »

Kteam is here and it is surprisingly fun. It brings new life to dungeons otherwise forgotten. I would like to go over a few pointers for the queue.

1. Anyone can do it. Especially on weeks with VT or other early dungeons, they were built more on skill than having the best gear. I saw 18k players get destroyed and under 10k players crush it this week.

2. Teamwork is rewarded, zerg mentality is heavily punished. The classic GWF charging ahead may be able to handle it but they also just made the tank lose the chance to grab aggro. This will get someone killed, this is the GWF's fault. Proper formation and proper engage order matters.

3. If you were overpowered before, you will still feel that way. Boons and gear perks still apply. Stats may be lower but you will still hit or be able to take a hit. It is just now less likely you will be able to do both.

4. The rewards are good for both new and old players. There is insentive to complete these challenges.

5. If you can't complete a weekly challenge for an easy dungeon that week, pick it up anyway. It seems you can hold on to them and complete them other weeks similar to old dungeon quests from the stronghold. This is wrong, quest is removed at weekly reset.

6. There are some parts your tank/healer cannot save you from. The burden is on you to learn to avoid 1 hit kill attacks. The mechanics can be explained but you must learn the dance.

7. Lag/bugs are your biggest challenge. It is very hard to dodge a targetting attack you can't see. It happens. Lair of Lostmauth is going to be interesting.

8. This is a challenge not a chore. If a few tries don't pan out don't fret. Try again tomorrow. Don't beat your head against the wall. Fatigue of replaying too many times will just decrease chances of success.

9. Let us replace Soulforge enchant. Not sure what to replace it with for everyone but it is of no use in KTeam. Any down is a dungeon failure. Even if you Soulforge right back up, back to the start it is. Negation/Eclipse both seem nice for Guardian Fighters. Maybe Elven Battle for Warlocks.

Lets get some IOUs!

*Kteam Schedule
12/10/18 - Castle Ravenloft
12/17/18 - Valindra's Tower
12/24/18 - Castle Never
12/31/18 - The Shores of Tuern
1/7/19 - Spellplague Caverns
1/14/19 - Malabog's Castle
1/21/19 - Lair of Lostmauth
1/28/19 - Fangbreaker's Island
2/4/19 - Temple of the Spider
2/11/19 - Cragmire Crypts
Last edited by Ziek88 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:45 am, edited 7 times in total.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Re: KTeam Challenge

Post by tornnomar »

Absolutely! Its nice to see these Kteam runs. No longer is it Hulk Smash! I am only able to participate on weekends due to my work schedule, but all are free to form groups, organize runs and so forth....

Can't get enough Guildies? Hit up the Alliance, Legit, or what have you.

We can only go UP!
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Re: KTeam Challenge

Post by Phelaia »

K-Team Shores of Tuern done. I've done it on my OP, MoF CW, and DC. These are my observations on party composition:

The safest approach:
Tactician GF as main tank, Protection OP as off-tank, 1 Virtuous or Faithful DC, 2 DPS. GF blocks the big attacks from the boss, while the Protection OP uses the bubble to absorbs all the BS AOEs. The bubble is particularly useful for SWs who may have to stand still for their powers to spin up.

The pretty safe approach:
Protection OP as main tank, Devotion OP as main heals, 3 DPS. Due to the small radius of OP powers, everyone must move as a death ball. Ironically, the closer you are to the OPs (without stepping in red of course), the safer you are.

The less safe approach:
Tactician GF or Protection OP as main tank, Virtuous or Faithful DC as main heals, 1 MoF CW as debuff, 2 DPS. This gets dicey, and everyone needs to watch their toes.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter

Return to “Dungeons & Raids”