Online Roster - Member Profiles

Roster version updates, FAQ and Tutorials.
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Re: Online Roster - Member Profiles

Post by Lasarian »

Gil had also mentioned granting some of these by way of an Order, like the SCA does. I had asked him to elaborate, but the more I think about it the more I understand what he had in mind.

If we were to think of some of these awards as Orders instead of "just" medals, for example: The Silver Star Burst, if this were given as a token of membership to an Order, that Order could have proctors, I forget the word Gil used, but the idea being, candidate members would be recommended by the order itself, and the HC could rule on admittance, or some other similar mechanism, whereby new members would be inducted into these "Orders" and receive a badge of membership. It's still an award, but it is also an order, which is not unheard of.

But to receive it, you'd have to receive the endorsement of far more than just one or two officers. This might mean a great deal to our members. It also offers some build-in regulation over some of these.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

Talolan wrote:Nice work on the profile page. I forgot to include that in my previous post.
Thank you.
Talolan wrote:I would like to see a memorial award, and a profile page for each member on the memorial wall on the old site.
Well certainly our deceased members would have a Member Profile just like everyone else, but you had something else in mind. You want a link directly to their profile from the memorial wall? Or something else? A special Memorial Profile?
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
HollyCNY
Ally
Ally
Record: Recruited August 1996 (NWN on AOL)
Re-Recruited SWTOR March 2013
Squired by Tundrra SWTOR April 13, 2013

Post by HollyCNY »

Given the three days a week I'm generally not online or in game at all, at least until very late, once this goes live, my profile page is probably going to stay small for a very long time.

Oh well, I can handle that if you can, haha. :trophy
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by Talolan »

HollyCNY wrote:Given the three days a week I'm generally not online or in game at all, at least until very late, once this goes live, my profile page is probably going to stay small for a very long time.

Oh well, I can handle that if you can, haha. :trophy
These are all from the roster, so you won't have to actually enter anything.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
HollyCNY
Ally
Ally
Record: Recruited August 1996 (NWN on AOL)
Re-Recruited SWTOR March 2013
Squired by Tundrra SWTOR April 13, 2013

Post by HollyCNY »

Talolan wrote:These are all from the roster, so you won't have to actually enter anything.
That's not what I meant. Given how little I'm in the game, I'm not going to be earning a lot of pretty ribbons for some time. Three days a week I go to that organization in the city that provides various services for people with disabilities. I don't give those up for online games, ever, haha :thumb

And tonight-- an old friend of mine, may he rest in peace, his grandson is singing tonight with his indie band. I'm going to go listen.

So I guess I won't be earning a lot of pretty ribbons to be put into my profile. But I can handle that if you can.

Return to “Online Roster”