Tera

Hang out, talk, post whatever is on your mind.
rallis
Duke
Duke

Tera

Post by rallis »

So now that Tera if F2P, i have been in playing for the past couple of weeks. I have to say i really like the game, the combat is fun and new, graphics are great and questing and progression is also fun.

Just wondering why this game has not picked up by NOR? Has or does anyone play this?
Rallis,

Marquis
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Re: Tera

Post by Talolan »

I played it. Other than the combat design, I personally thought everything about it was boring and pretty standard fare.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

rallis wrote:Just wondering why this game has not picked up by NOR? Has or does anyone play this?
I seem to remember talk about this title here and there, but no one stepped forward to organized a branch for it.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Might get in trouble for this, lol. But I can't resist.
rallis wrote:... graphics are great ...
"Graphics" :troll

Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
rallis
Duke
Duke

Post by rallis »

lol, that is not what i meant. But if you want those kind of graphics give Scarlet Blade a try. Its fun too, up to around level 20 or so anyway. Pretty repetitive :)
Rallis,

Marquis
HollyCNY
Ally
Ally
Record: Recruited August 1996 (NWN on AOL)
Re-Recruited SWTOR March 2013
Squired by Tundrra SWTOR April 13, 2013

Post by HollyCNY »

I'll check Tera out, but I doubt I'll have time to really get into it. TSW had a great story, but advancing required doing the same missions MANY times, unless you're going to pvp and/or do random dungeons, neither of which I do. I also made enemies there getting into a few rows on the message boards, one particularly harsh one being over ramming dps meters down everyone's throats (which is one of the things I spoke to everyone here about already). So if I did start playing again, I don't think I'd be very welcome among a lot of people.
rallis
Duke
Duke

Post by rallis »

well come check it out, i am on Ascension Valley character is Tallis. Look me up.
Rallis,

Marquis
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

I may look at it but, a little bird told me that the female characters wear, um....pretty skimpy armor :shocked And, while I'm no prude, I just don't think I'd be comfortable playing a character who looks like she should be on a stage with a pole :lol

But, if I do look at it, I'll let you know Rallis :D
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
rallis
Duke
Duke

Post by rallis »

Well I have still been playing it and yes there are some good looking female characters, but it really is not that bad at all. It is just another really pretty and very good graphic game. Oh did i mention it is F2P, so would like to see some of you there. If your board, download it and hang with me till Neverwinter comes out! You will not be disappointed. The armor and classes are really fun, i have heard that the one to avoid is the Lancer, just a 2 button toon and not all that fun. Heard nothing but good from all the others. I have made a Sorcerer and a Priest.
Rallis,

Marquis
Jalek
Knight
Knight

Post by Jalek »

Roxanne wrote:I may look at it but, a little bird told me that the female characters wear, um....pretty skimpy armor :shocked And, while I'm no prude, I just don't think I'd be comfortable playing a character who looks like she should be on a stage with a pole :lol
That depends, the image posted the last time it was brought up here was shopped, but only slightly. The art for that race is that way, male or female. There're always people streaming it on twitch.tv if you want to see the character models to decide. You can always be a panda :troll

The combat mechanics are pretty good, which is fortunate because the game's not much deeper than that. The cash shop sells costumes like any Korean game, and there's crafting which isn't necessary for anything, and there's enchanting which lets you recycle gear and enchanting's very important at the cap. Harvesting gives buffs and xp, I've wondered if anyone's taken the time to level up without fighting as in other games. I've played it off and on, mostly off lately.

Planetside 2 has been soaking up my time and leftover station cash, while DOff missions level up my STO captains.
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

Return to “"The Tavern"”