For those who have wanted to try GW2 out . . .

Seyella
Countess
Countess

For those who have wanted to try GW2 out . . .

Post by Seyella »

From now until April 28th, the digital editions of GW2 are on sale for 30% off. :yay So, if you've wanted to try it out, but haven't wanted to pay full price, now's your chance!! :bouncy https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/sale?utm_ ... QgodAWwAWQ
Seyella/Callise
*NOR/

Numerous toons in several games (WoW, GW2, ESO, SWTOR, etc) . .
Gilen
Baron
Baron
Realm: RIFT
House: Griffon

Re: For those who have wanted to try GW2 out . . .

Post by Gilen »

Well I broke down and bought this ...well let me re-phrase that....I spent money intended to purchase this. Since the insane web interface for the account stuff would not accept my password (because apparently my 9 digit random pattern of letters, cases, numbers and symbols was being used by someone else) when I tried to redo a new password, it hosed everything up and now I cannot log in using either password. And to reset my password I have to give it the name of a character on my account. Funny thing is, since I can't even login to the account to download my digital copy...I HAVE no character on my account. What an insane way of doing things. I seriously hope the game is better managed than this cluster of crap they call a registration system and web interface.

Long story short, I hope to visit you all at some point in the near future.
Lakasha
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Elder Scrolls Online
House: Unicorn
Record: Defender of Hibernia (Golden Staff) 02⁄03⁄03
Defender of Hibernia (Silver Wand) 12⁄15⁄02
Official Writ of Welcome 01⁄06⁄02
Heraldess 12⁄19⁄01
Knight 10⁄29⁄01
Squire Court 09⁄09⁄01
Squire 04⁄02⁄01
Recruit 03⁄10⁄01

Post by Lakasha »

Yeah.. I am kinda having the same type of issue. They have made it very confusing to set passwords etc..

Zipp got the game but decided he didn't like it much and gave it to me. Only the password he had originally created doesn't work now. Gonna have to figure out some convoluted way to recover the account. I did make a character but only got to look around a little bit. So many games, so little time :(
ESO
Lakasha Finvarra - Sorceress V1

Lakashal - Templar - DC Blackwater Blade AvA Campaign

*NOR/Heraldess and AvA Coordinator

I can picture a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

DDO
Lakasha Finvarra - Bard 10 The Orginal
Lakashan - Bard Warchanter - 25 - Woot!!!
Gilen
Baron
Baron

Post by Gilen »

So far one response from Customer Support with a canned answer about how to create a login without actually addressing the problem.
Seyella
Countess
Countess

Post by Seyella »

In order to prevent account theft, they have become very particular about passwords - and have forced everyone to make a "unique" password for their GW2 account. They highly suggest using one that you have not used elsewhere, one exclusive to this game. Here's an article they posted about that . . . https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/mike ... -security/. I'm sorry you're both having problems, Gilen and Lakasha, but other than the login issue, the game, for the most part, is a well managed game. I, personally, have had little or no complaints about the game at all. I/we hope to see you in-game soon! :D
Seyella/Callise
*NOR/

Gilen
Baron
Baron

Post by Gilen »

NEWS UPDATE: Turns out the issue was that my email address was still attached to my GW 1 account! I have not played than in ...I think a decade? They wanted to know my character's name on there. I had no stinking clue. So finally someone up in support, when I told them if I get back one more canned response that does not address my issue I was going to Pay Pal and starting proceedings to get my money back, actually looked into it and gave me my character name and was able to help me login to that account and link the new number for GW2 to this account.

I understand the need for secure passwords, and can guarantee mine are strong. But the execution of this security is abysmal from a user standpoint and could easily have been done much better. But the bottom line is I am downloading the client even as we speak and I will try to get in sometime tonight if all works out well.
Seyella
Countess
Countess

Post by Seyella »

Woot! Glad it worked out, Gil! And it was great to see you in-game tonite! :D
Seyella/Callise
*NOR/

ryverwynd
Baron
Baron

Post by ryverwynd »

Welcome to the game Gilen. I'm sure we'll cross paths before long in game.
Gilen
Baron
Baron

Post by Gilen »

It was wonderful experiencing this new realm with some old and some new friends. I have to Commend Duchess Seyella and all the very warm folks who welcomed an obvious n00b to this new way of gaming into the fold. Time will tell if this become my new home, I am keeping an open mind and waiting to see how Neverwinter turns out. And of course I am still excited by TESO. But having purchased the game now, I suspect I will be working to understand the system better as time goes on. Again many thanks to the entire Duchy. :)

Return to “Game Updates”