Hamner's Fall: "Revolution"

Tell your stories, post bios, character histories ...
GuardianElite
Realm: RIFT
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited: 11/26/2013
Squired: 12/26/2013
Baron: 3/19/2014
Rejoined NOR as Squire: 5/31/2015
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Re: Hamner's Fall: "Revolution"

Post by GuardianElite »

'Mourn not those who have passed on...rejoice as they join in the Force...'

Moving around the room at a fast pace, RT furiously worked on the control panel, trying to shift the flow of the water from the Imperial control areas back to where it was needed….the now heavily occupied Refugee Sector. Looking over at the kneeling Imperial Engineer, he glanced at Erric who was holding the blaster to his head. He had to chuckle a bit under his helmet, Erric a slight lad at 14, barely able to hold up his own pants, with a deathly sneer pointing a gun at the scared engineer. Pointing at the output control as it flashed a red warning signal, RT spoke quickly.

“And this is it, this controls the output? If I shift this….all of the water stops in the Imperial Occupied Sectors and flow begins in the Refugee Sector?” The Engineer shook his head, not daring to speak. RT quickly raised the lever, punching the flashing red button as the klaxon blared a warning that the flow had stopped and then shifted. After a moment the klaxon stopped with the panel turning a bright green. Reaching down RT picked up the engineer dusting him off. “Now if I were you…I would find a transport off this Planet. Leave the Imperial Army behind. If I know the Commander….and I think I do, he will kill you when he finds out you allowed us to shift the water to the other sectors.” Quickly the engineer left the control shack making his way to the gate and soon disappeared into the woods for destinations unknown. RT took his helmet off, looking out at the manmade waterfall. Rubbing his face, he realized he hadn’t shaved in a while.

Hamner was still fully angry when he made his way to the shower room, wanting nothing more than to just drown the day’s troubles under a deluge of warm water. He had considered going to get one of his new female slaves to accompany him, but really just needed the time to think to himself. Turning on the ample spray and stepping in he was fully lathered up, the soap just reaching his eyes when the water abruptly stopped. Screaming like he had been stabbed by a lightsaber, he struggled to find the door falling down on the slippery surface, his eyes burning. “Sicness!!!...Sicness!!! Get the Engineer in here! The damn water has stopped!!!” He slipped and slid until he was able to get a hold of the outside railing pulling himself up and jerking the towel off the bar. Wrapping his waist in it, he stormed out into the main foyer water trailing in his wake. Sicness was already making his way toward the bathroom nearly bumping into Hamner as he walked. Hamner put his hands on his hips, the towel nearly falling off.

“I am sorry…My Lord, excuse me….I was on my way when I heard you yell. I thought someone was attacking you.” Hamner frowned angrily rubbing more of the soap from his eyes.

“Do I look like I cannot handle myself! No….the damn water stopped in the middle of my shower! Can you PLEASE get the engineer in here to get the water back on?” The ‘please’ in his statement pure venom as he motioned for Sicness to get going. Amalgom arrived just as his fellow aide moved, the rather meek looking Chief Imperial Engineer in tow. Hamner frowned angrily at them all, gesturing wildly with one hand, the other keeping the rather small towel around his waist. “Well…the water?!?! What is going on?!?!” The engineer wrung his hands in invisible waters as he turned a few shades paler than he already was.

“Milord…there is no way to turn the water back on…” Hamner had already started to walk back toward the shower room, not expecting to hear that from his Engineer. He turned around abruptly almost slipping in his own trail.

“What…do…you…mean, no way to turn the water back on? You go to the control, you twist a valve…how hard can it be?!?!” Hamner now glared at his engineer awaiting a response. The engineer now lowered his head, speaking softly.

“Milord…that’s just it…the valve, it’s not here…” Hamner continued to glare, waiting for the man to finish when he didn’t he impatiently asked.

“Well?!?! Where is it??!?” This time all three of them backed up from Hamner, his eyes got wide as the Engineer answered.

“The ‘Shadows’ sector…Milord.” Hamner turned around, his teeth almost shattering as he clenched them tightly. It wasn’t enough that his brother was plaguing his every move, he was now conspiring to destroy his shower as well. Stalking off the three of them were just relieved that he didn’t kill anyone.

Leaning down in the water, RT splashed some on his face just to get it moist. The spray from the man-made waterfall creating a mist that ran over him as he squatted next to the duracrete embankment. He looked up at the waterfall and smiled, it was not to awful long ago that he had taken his wife to a real waterfall not far from the site where she rescued him from certain doom on Makeb. Closing his eyes, he remembered the two of them as they removed their clothes and wade into the still water until they were covered by the roaring downpour. They had made love under that waterfall for what seemed like an eternity…he had just gotten her back, she had realized she loved him and all was right with the world. As he opened his eyes looking at this man-made contraption, surrounded by steel and duracrete, he realized she must now believe him dead…there would be no rescue this time, no last minute Dremmess leaping from the sky to save him. Standing up he removed his torso armor, setting it aside and squatting back down in his armored pants and boots he swished the vibro-knife in the clear water, preparing to shave the stubble from his face.

On the opposite bank, Erryn watched RT as he removed his torso armor down to his undershirt to squat back down, placing his knife in the water. He had paused for a minute it seemed just enjoying the spray. Looking at her own armored form, she quickly stripped down getting completely naked and sighed heavily before wading into the lukewarm water. She moved slowly and silently, first toward the waterfall itself to hide her noisy movements and then toward RT. She couldn’t decide what she wanted to do or how she wanted to approach this. Swimming back toward the waterfall, she opted for that choice, to make it appear as if she didn’t know he was there. Picking a spot away from the main flow, she caught a small fountain that had become an offshoot of the main fall and pulled herself up to the duracrete surface to allow the fountain of water to flow over her. Raising her arms into the water, she let it caress her curves as it flowed down her body only jumping from her body past her hips, where the ample curves ended. She closed her eyes allowing it to flow over her face, her blonde hair now stuck in a plastered straight row down her back as she rubbed the water on her skin, licking her lips.

Just starting the first row of hairs along his chin, RT nearly cut his own throat as he caught sight of Erryn out of the corner of his eye. He tried to not look obvious, but he had completely stopped moving the blade along his jaw as his mouth dropped open. She was almost dancing with the water as she moved her hands over her own body, the water whipping and caressing her as she did so. A familiar heat started to rise within him, a heat that was only reserved for one person. The little voice inside his head whispered softly to him telling him ‘but she’s not here’ as he continued to watch. He had no idea she was so beautiful, those curves, how they almost cried for him, her soft tanned skin, those eyes and those lips; all of it cried out to him. Very discreetly, with her back to him, she turned her head over her shoulder, all green eyes that seemed to sparkle as she gave him a slight smile. She knew he was watching and she didn’t mind. Realizing that he still had the knife to his throat he quickly lowered it, the slight feeling of drool getting sucked back into his mouth as he did so. After a moment, she turned slowly allowing the water to run over the front of her body giving RT a full view of everything she had. He had to adjust himself in his squat as his armor began to get a little tighter around the waist. She dove into the water swimming toward him, he cleared his throat to return to shaving looking at his reflection in the vibro-blade whispering harshly before she came up for air. “You know what you’re doing. You have control of this…not her. Don’t let her have control.” As she surfaced right in front of him, the outline of her naked body moving around beneath her, she sprayed him slightly before she spoke.

“Hi.” She continued to float smiling wryly as he nervously began to shave himself again, he spoke in between strokes, trying very hard not to look down.

“Hi….Erryn.” It was all he could muster as his own body betrayed him, forcing him to look down into the water at her. He retched back as he cut himself dropping the knife and cursing loudly. Raising herself out of the water, she purposefully allowed her naked body to come out, the drips of the cool water reaching a point on the crests of her ample bosom as she reached up to wipe the blood from his chin keeping herself above water with the other arm.

“Awww….you cut yourself, baby…” RT grabbed her hand quickly and tightly, she had just messed up and she didn’t even realize it. He put the hand to his lips kissing it lightly as he allowed her to slip back down into the water. There was only one person who called him ‘Baby’, her use of the word jarred his senses making him realize that although Drem wasn’t here, she was out there somewhere and that she was waiting for him, he had to believe that. The little voice in his head screamed violently it realized it had just been defeated. He moved Erryn’s hand to his chest still holding it looking at her lovingly.

“Another place…and another time, I wouldn’t hesitate Erryn…but I can’t…I just can’t.” Erryn frowned as he let her hand go, withdrawing to get his armor and walk back up the stairs to the control station. She swam back to her side, getting out to get her own armor. For some reason she didn’t feel as bad as she thought she was going to, she decided it was because he really did love her, he just didn’t want to hurt her. Smiling she put her clothes back on.

The positioning computer glowed an evil red lighting up the cramped space of the bomber as Darth Hamner and his pilot, the Commander of his Air Wing, floated gingerly over the sector known as ‘Shadow’s Rest’. Hamner watched the computer intently, the changing information playing wicked games with the red and black tattoos on his face. Placing the headset on, his Commander began his reporting scheme, they were now well inside the sector.

< ”Two Kilometers inside Sector…Disperse into Fan Pattern…All wings, report in…”> As the different wing commanders reported in, Hamner watched them on his display spreading out. When he was satisfied that they were dispersed as far as they could be for ample coverage, he didn’t wait for his Air Wing Commander to give the order, keying his own headset to transmit.

< ”All Wings…this is Darth Hamner…begin your bombing runs…I say again…commence bombardment…”>

The march back toward the encampment was slightly awkward as Erryn and RT kept their distance from each other. Before they left RT destroyed the water flow controls and sabotaged the manual valve controls. Anyone who came after them would have a rough time getting the system back online. Using the time wisely, RT had his ‘troopers’ moving ahead, reporting what they were seeing all the while having everyone else move tactically as if they were moving toward an enemy or an enemy was moving toward them. It obscured all sight of them from above, they could barely be seen. The first plasma bombs hit nearby as RT stopped the group. The sound was all too familiar to him as he allowed only two to drop before shouting into his HUD “Disperse! Disperse!” The kids jumped down into ditches, culverts, behind tress….anything that would provide them cover or protection. As the blanket of plasma bombs passed them and the second wave began to pick up in the distance RT switched to a satellite tactical view within his HUD, he had his armor’s computer system put a graphic overlay on the digital map which now clearly showed the Imperial Bombers flying low and slow, they were spread out in a fan and flying with impunity. Hamner did not believe RT could strike his bombers from the ground and he was right. The final kick to RT’s face came in the form of several alerts which started going off inside his HUD, RT switched to a deployment overlay, looking at the location of his ‘kids’ as several of the green blips on his screen fizzled and winked out, victims of the bombing attack.

After the third wave and pass over the sector, Darth Hamner sent the ‘Mission Complete' signal looking out the viewport at the smoldering ruins below. That would definitely get RT’s attention. With the carpet bombing, nothing within 50 meters of each other had been spared, these plasma bombs were effective hitting and incinerating everything within a range of 250 meters of whatever they struck, everything beyond that distance had to deal with a rain of durasteel shrapnel. He grinned slightly sitting back up in his seat, payment for foiling his plans once again, payment for cutting off his water. Pressing the transmit button on the headset he wore, Hamner sent a message to his minions, ‘Get your asses moving, I want my water back on’. It would be a costly mission for the Imperials, but not as costly as the bombing attack to RT. Hamner had just played a card RT wouldn’t be able to live with, he didn’t know it, but he just accelerated his brother’s plan to escape ten-fold.

They stood in a circle around one of the craters that was once one of their number, one of the ‘Shadows’, one of RT’s ‘Shadows’. RT clenched his fist, he thanked the Force that there was nothing left of the boy for the others to see, although horrible that one of his ‘kids’ had been killed, he did not want to subject his ‘Shadows’ to further images of the Horrors of War. In his time as a Soldier, he had seen grown men break down at the sight of the dead, the mangled twisted bodies, the endless rivers of blood, the pieces of their friends and neighbors ripped and strewn about. They all stood silently, just looking down at the still smoking hole in the ground. Erryn slid in behind RT, she slowly removed her helmet, the new tracks of tears lining her face. During her time as a rebel fighter, she had never seen anyone killed, RT used to wonder how they had gotten so lucky. But he knew, it was only a matter of time before it happened. These kids had seen so much pain already in their young lives. Minutes passed before Erryn turned away going to sit by herself, her head down just to cry. She was cursing herself and RT couldn’t let that go. He kneeled softly in front of her taking her hand.

“This…is all my fault. If I hadn’t taken those Memory Cores…if I hadn’t destroyed them…this is all my fault!” RT grabbed her in a hug, holding her tightly just to let her sob into him, he ‘shushed’ her gently as he rocked her slowly.

“No…Erryn, this is my fault. If anyone is to blame it’s me….” The pang of guilt twisted in RT’s gut, had he pushed his brother too far? Had he used these ‘kids’ in his own quest of personal hatred and vengeance? He stood slowly, his genetic programming sensing his body in turmoil threatened a takeover of his functions as he put on and sealed his helmet. Signaling his ‘men’ he moved them away from the crater, there would be time for mourning later. As he walked the silence booming in his ears he felt the first bit of moisture leak from his eye. He let the tear fall, under the safety of his helmet he could cry, they couldn’t know that their leader was vulnerable too.

Arriving at the campsite, the destruction was devastating. Everything was gone. Hamner or one of his pilots had obviously spotted the site from the air and decided to pay it special attention. RT’s one consolation was that none of them were there when the bombing took place. None of them would have survived. They sifted and picked through the rubble, RT had given them orders to get what they could salvage and prepare to move out. It was no longer safe there. If Hamner had in fact spotted their camp, he would be back, bringing with him the full might of his Army. RT moved the door to what was left of the make-shift Command Structure and counted himself lucky. The Network Server was still up and running. Placing the door back down RT piled some more rubble on top of the debris hiding the Server. It was too late to disassemble it and they would need the uplink in their systems if they were to move out and into a new area of operations. Salvaging what they could, the ‘kids’ all started moving up the hillside and away from their home. As RT watched them leave he once again clenched his fist, putting one hand in the other. This had to end, RT had to get them out soon. Hamner was closing the net, the longer he kept them out here, the more time he gave Hamner to try and kill them. They wouldn’t like what he was planning, but there was no other way to do it.
Mize, Level 60: Sith Juggernaut
Mrysti, Level 65: Sith Juggernaut
Sicness, Level 60: Sith Inquisitor
Amalgom, Level 60: Imperial Operative
Marstel, Level 60: Bounty Hunter
Karolin (Dark-side), Level 65: Sith Mararder

RTninefoursix, Level 65: Republic Vanguard
RTninefourfive, Level 60: Republic Commando
Karolin, Level 65: Jedi Sage
Porchia, Level 65: Gunslinger
Derrick-veruna, Level 65: Jedi Guardian
Beta, Level 60: Jedi Sentinel
V'ictoria, Level 60: Scoundrel
GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

'A Brother's love is a Brother's love....'

Darth Marr’s image filled the room as he placed his hands to the side of his horrid form. Amalgom bowed reverently before the Lord of the Dark Lords.

“Amalgom…I trust there is a reason for this communication. I am in the middle of sealing the conquest of the remainder of this system…” Amalgom cleared his throat nervously.

“My Lord…I bring news of the conquest of Bilringhi, the rebel fight does not go well. Darth Hamner has instituted a Planetwide bombing campaign in order to eliminate the rebels, the damage to the planet is extensive.” Amalgom stretched the truth slightly, Hamner had not instituted a ‘planetwide’ campaign, only a sector wide campaign, focusing on the sector his brother occupied, but it was draining resources and he knew Darth Marr would be displeased with that. Also, Marr would not care about civilian casualties, but he would care about real property damage. Bilringhi was a Galactic producer of some of the finest weaponry and manufactured goods available, planetwide destruction might cease that production, again displeasing Darth Marr. Marr did not move, but Amalgom could sense in his image that he was displeased, if not only by the silence that ensued.

“Inform Darth Hamner that I will arrive for an inspection of his command in six hours. I expect a full report when I get there.” Marr abruptly terminated the communication, such was his way. His time was valuable, he had no time for pleasantries.

The new encampment was not far from RT’s crash site, but provided ample coverage. There was also a massive sewer pipe that ran adjacent to them. Should Hamner decide to bomb them again, they would be able to enter the pipe and hunker down saving them from an attack. Looking overhead RT was satisfied with the coverage. It would be difficult for a pilot to see them from the air, the sloped sides of the valley also made it difficult for any vehicles to get down. The only drawback was that if they were spotted and someone reported their location an enemy could sneak up on them, positioning on the sides and fire down into the valley at them, it would be a Bantha shoot. RT didn’t intend on them being there that long. Already, RT was making plans to sneak out at first light. As he finished typing the message that would show up on Erryn’s HUD at a predesignated time, she walked up interrupting his work. The small crowd that gathered around his area looked tired, but resolute. He looked up from his typing curiously. “What’s going on Erryn? Why are you all not setting up your areas?” She frowned slightly, thumbing at the others.

“Volunteers Sir, we are going back to get the Server. We can’t leave it there if we plan on making this our area of operations.” RT coughed slightly, clearing his throat. He had no intention of relaying his intentions to any of them, his plan to get them out in the next 48 hours was completely his own. Telling them would have met with resistance or even some of them following him and he couldn’t have that. He quickly made up a lie.

“Uh…there is no need. Moving it would….destroy some of the components inside. No…best to leave it alone, it’s safe, no one is going to find it.” Erryn gave him a skeptical look as she glanced down at what he was working on. He quickly pulled the screen away from her view hiding it on his chest, “Uh…is there anything else?” She shook her head as she reluctantly moved off.

The slate grey Imperial Shuttle lowered slowly to the landing pad as the Imperial Interceptor escorts flew past to find their own landing area. The ramp lowered to the entourage of aides and dignitaries Darth Marr allowed to travel with him, it was, after all an inspection tour. He could not really keep them away if he wanted to maintain that guise. Stepping down off the ramp, he once again placed his hands on the hips of his crimson and black armor. Where was Darth Hamner and why was he not standing there to meet him? The doors to the Planetary Governor’s mansion swung open to the entrance first of crimson robed Imperial Guards, they flanked the door at attention, Force Pikes rigidly held in their upright position on their shoulders. Darth Hamner looked up from his tactical display to the sight of the guardians and swallowed hard, he already knew who was close behind. Towering above them all, Darth Marr entered and seemed to carry the entire Dark Side of the Force with him. He was an imposing figure, his presence filling any area he entered. Hamner’s vast chamber was no exception as the room seemed to get smaller upon his entrance. Hamner quickly moved to the door to flank Darth Marr, inclining his head slightly.

“Darth Marr…this is unexpected. Welcome to Bilringhi Prime…you of course know my staff…” As Darth Hamner offered his hand in a flourish in an offer to acknowledge his staff, Marr scowled under his mask.

“Unexpected. Curious Darth Hamner…I left instructions with Amalgom that he inform you of my arrival six hours ago. I will forgive your oversight at the landing pad in that case, I trust you will deal with Amalgom later.” Amalgom’s game had just been revealed in the first two minutes of Darth Marr’s arrival. He cursed himself, now he would have to find a way to cover his own oversight. Hamner glared at Amalgom.

“Yes…it must have slipped his mind. Apologies.” As Hamner moved to the tactical map, he ran a hand over the screen. “Please, have a look at what we are working on as you can see here, 26 of 30 sectors under our control with the last few—“ Marr interrupted Hamner not moving to the display.

“I am not interested in tactical displays, Darth Hamner…I am interested in the planetwide bombing campaign you have initiated.” Hamner’s eyebrow rose nervously.

“Bombing campaign?” Marr crossed his arms over his massive chest.

“Unless I am speaking in a language unfamiliar to you…that is exactly what I said. You are aware of this planet’s importance in the Imperial War Effort. Once the conquest of this planet is complete, we will use the Isotope 5 reserves to begin production of a series of new weapons in order to strike at the heart of the Republic. Any damage to the infrastructure would hinder that plan…I was sure you understood that when I sent you here?” Hamner swallowed hard, he had not forgotten his primary mission, but the quest to find and destroy his brother had become his obsession.

“Y-yes…of course I remember. But…there has been no planetary bombing campaign…I merely used a series of bombers to level a very troublesome sector, no effect on the overall effort.” Marr stepped forward to finally look at the Holo-display.

“I will be the judge of that.” Amalgom smiled under his mask as Marr stepped forward. ‘Game-Set-Match’ His plan was finally coming together, unfortunately he would most likely have to use his own leverage to get himself out of trouble. Darth Marr peered at the sector Hamner referred to punching a few calculations to look at the overall structural assets in the area. He looked impassive under his mask as he finally after a moment stood back up to his full height. “There is nothing of value in that sector, Power and Water production and filtration, nothing that several other sectors nearby are not capable of producing.” A strange silence ensued as Darth Marr awaited an explanation. Hamner’s mind raced, should he tell Marr about his brother, should he reveal his obsession? All at once, Amalgom sensing his opportunity beat his Master to the punch. Bowing reverently Amalgom stepped forward.

“Begging your Pardon My Lord…Darth Hamner was attempting to eliminate a particularly troublesome group of dissidents. Their influence is wide…almost on a planetary scale. We believe that their elimination will bring the rebellion to an end, almost completely.” Marr turned to look at Darth Hamner as if to ask if this statement was true.

“Y-yes…Amalgom is absolutely right. The elimination of these rebels will bring the incursion to an end. Our production schedule will be accelerated by weeks…” Wanting to put Amalgom on the spot for the interruption and for bringing Darth Marr there in the first place, Hamner tried to throw Amalgom into the fire not knowing that he was playing right into his hands. “In Fact…Agent Amalgom has a plan to eliminate these rebels personally, don’t you Amalgom…” Hamner smiled wickedly thinking he may have just gotten Amalgom back for his disrespectful behavior. Amalgom smiled wickedly stepping forward, he took out the small Datapad placing it on the console.

“My Lord is correct…I DO have a plan….” Marr crossed his arms over his massive chest again, anxious to hear how they would destroy the rebels. Inside Hamner steamed…win or lose, Amalgom would answer for this.

Crouching down by a tree, the sun was just about to go down as RT moved deftly out of the new encampment area. He glanced at his Chrono only 30 more minutes before his message would pop up on Erryn’s HUD letting her know that he was leaving and for her to take care of the ‘kids’ till he returned. In the message he made mention of the fact that he was going into the Imperial Occupied Zone and that he was going to try and get a message out on a sub-space transmitter. At the end, he had added that if he didn’t return, for them to leave this sector go as far away as they could and wait for help to arrive. He watched the horizon intently, waiting for a little more of the light to go down behind the ridge, moving under the cover of darkness was always easier. Traveling alone he wanted to use every asset he could get. Red enemy icons began to appear on his HUD as he got up to move, he looked behind him….these icons were already moving toward the new encampment. He pursed his lips, he couldn’t leave them not if the enemy was at their doorstep and judging from the number of enemy signatures on his display it was way too many for them to fight.

Hamner flipped the hatch open on the tank taking his Macrobinoculars to watch the deployment of his Troopers. These particular troopers were from his Special Forces division, having moved them from another planetary sector, Hamner had already received a lot of heat from Darth Marr concerning their redeployment. But, combined with the total debacle his visit had caused, it was a wonder all of them weren’t dead. It was hard for Hamner to fathom wanting to both kill and thank someone at the same time, but he felt that way about Amalgom at the moment. It was Amalgom who had summoned Darth Marr in an attempt to get him into serious trouble. But it was also Amalgom who had bailed him out by revealing that he had implanted one of the children with a tracking device. As we watched, his troops were closing in on the unsuspecting kids and his wayward brother. At the last moment, he had ordered that RT be taken alive, he wanted the pleasure of killing him kept for himself.

RT ran flat out, the red dots on his tactical screen increasing in size as he moved, the range finder closing in as he got closer. He was coming up behind them, there weren’t as many as he first thought, the majority of the red dots being special probes the enemy troopers had set out to look for traps or ambush points. RT had no time to set out any traps before the left. Leaning against one of the trees he squatted, to the front of him one of the Commandos looked through a sniper scope peering down at the encampment, he slowly unsheathed his vibro-knife, jumping on the Commando flat, he chest pressed against the Commando’s back. Raising the Commando’s head quickly he inserted the knife length wise into his voice box. The knife easily broke the seal of his helmet as the Commando fell silent. The Commando’s Comm broke squelch as RT checked his equipment over quickly.

< ”Unit IS-564…Status 564…Unit IS 564…”> RT picked up the throat transmitter and groaned into it, hoping the operator would believe there was some kind of communications malfunction. Picking up the dead Commando’s rifle RT sling it across his back as he moved onward.

Hamner touched the wrist Comm signaling Amalgom. “When you are in position Agent, you may commence your attack, no need to request authorization, we are all in position back here.” The wrist Comm buzzed twice in reply, Amalgom would not risk voice communications so close to the objective.

Picking up the auto-cannon, RT locked and loaded the power cells into it strapping it to his armor. He looked down at the two Commando’s he had just killed, no remorse for them as he moved closer to the encampment. From the trees he could see his kids milling around, going about their activity as if nothing was wrong. Why weren’t there an scouts out? Why weren’t there any ‘kids’ watching the woodline? The red dots in his display stopped moving, RT knew any moment the Commando’s would open up on his men. Glancing at his Chrono, the thirty minutes were up, Erryn’s HUD would be alarming at her at that moment, thinking fast he began typing a unit-to-unit message to Erryn’s HUD…he only hoped the attack would hold off that long.

Erryn’s HUD lit up as she lay next to her helmet looking up at the starless sky, the light from the HUD casting a light down on her. She reached over to put on her helmet activating the receipt key.

< ”DELAYED TRANSMISSION…from UNIT RT-946…Erryn…by the time you get this I will have already left. I am moving into the capital to find a Sub-space transmitter, I am going to get us off this rock…do not attempt to follow me. Your orders are, stay in place, set up a proper defense and wait for my return. Should I not come back, your orders are to…”>

< ”TRANSMISSION INTERRUPPTED….INCOMING LIVE MESSAGE from UNIT RT-946”>

< ”Erryn…Imperial Commandos in the woodline. Get everyone up and ready to fight…hurry there is not a lot of time”> Erryn sat up quickly, she sealed her own helmet on as she grabbed the first kid who passed her. “Get everyone up and ready to fight! If anyone needs time to get their armor on or load up weapons move them to the sewer tunnel…they can join us after the firing starts…GO HURRY!”

Amalgom looked down at his own Chrono and glanced at his deployment computer. Everyone was in place. He touched the wrist Comm and sent a ‘go’ signal to Commander of the unit. Picking up his own Macros he looked deep into the camp, why were they moving off?

It was too late, the kids were not moving fast enough, RT watched as the first Commandos leapt up and moved to the edge of the woodline adjacent to him. Moving along side them also RT aimed his cannon toward them, standing up in the field he unleashed a flurry of 20mm Plasma Bolts in their direction cutting two of them down. The explosive bolts set off a chain reaction down the line of attackers as they all responded quickly, identifying RT as a threat inside their HUD systems. Turning the flank the entire Commando line now fired down their own assault line, RT dove for cover as the incoming fire shredded his meager defense.

Erryn looked out into the woodline at the flashes of exploding plasma and beams of light. All of the fire concentrated on one area, the center of the woodline. She waived behind her at the ‘kids’ speaking into her HUD, “That’s where we’re going, attack pattern Assault Three! Bravo Team…take up overwatch…move, move!!!”

Hamner stammered as he reached for his Comm device, “Amalgom! Whats going on down there! Why are your men firing on themselves! Amalgom!” Looking behind him he motioned with his head at Sicness, they both jumped down off the tank, Hamner igniting his lightsaber. Whatever it was down there it was about to meet the fury of a Dark Lord of the Sith. He trudged off toward the woodline, Sicness close behind.

Amalgom couldn’t believe what was happening, first the signals go dead on three of his Commandos then they all start firing on each other? He tapped the keys on his wrist unit furiously as he watched the signals wink out on most of his Commando units on the right flank, apparently they were killing each other.

As the rounds exploded overhead, RT reached behind him pulling the sniper rifle off his back. The Commandos on his left took the Commandos on the right for enemies as he stood up to fire at the center assault unit with his plasma cannon. Now most of the Commandos behind him lay dead, but it wouldn’t take them long to figure out their mistake. He worked furiously to put the rifle into operation as the fire got too heavy for him to continue, he laid his head as close to the soil as he could, laying flat down. They were closing in on his position, both sides now. Erryn rushed over the side, her teams laying down a suppressive fire as the other team rushed to flank the Commandos, RT could hear them scream and die as he ventured a look up at her, she nodded from within her helmet as he gave her a two fingered salute.

< ”Sir! We have been compromised! The Rebels are mounting an assault Theta Unit is 90% Combat Ineffec—“> The transmission cut out as Amalgom backed off slinging the headset down. Taking his rifle off his back he activated his cloak, hoping to stealth away before he was seen.

Entering the woodline, Hamner placed his hands on his hips the crimson of his lightsaber casting an errie glow on the foliage around him. There were no men running back toward him, there was no retreat…his Commandos were simply wiped out. Walking forward he caught a glimpse of a black and yellow clad Trooper activating a thermal detonator and tossing it into the woods in front of him, The Commandos who had been holding their ground exploded from the detonation. He sneered, “RT!” His hate consuming him he strode forward, Sicness looking past him could see the overwhelming forces and stayed behind a second before following his crazed Master. Hamner reached RT in time to catch a boot to the chest as RT rolled over striking him. Reeling back he slashed down with his blade missing horribly. The firing stopped as the ‘kids’ mesmerized by the black demon striking at their leader with the blade of light emerged from the woods. Sicness uncloaked activating his own blade, unsure of what to do, he struck out after the ‘kids’ who fired on him in a blaze of plasma bolts from their rifles. RT finally stood up facing his brother as Sicness batted the incoming fire back, inching forward ever so slightly.

“Insufferable! You should have died on your ship! We wouldn’t have to go through this!” Hamner slashed wildly at RT as he rolled and fired finally pinning him to the ground with his boot, the saber arched in a death blow over his head. “I won’t have you goad me into NOT using the Force this time RT!” Erryn looked away from firing at the other Sith to RT pinned to the ground, his brother standing over him, saber cocked ready to give the final blow. She took off at a sprint. Throwing all she had against Hamner, she tackled him in the air knocking him off her Commander and back toward the woods. Hamner reacted furiously hurling the blade back at them both, but at his angle, as he hit the ground, was off. The blade spun wildly slashing Erryn across her midsection missing RT entirely. Sicness harnessed the Dark Power he had left, launching a Force Push toward the children, Hamner and Sicness were the only ones left as the children fell back on the ground dazed by the strange power. As the blade returned to his hand, Hamner closed it down, Sicness’ hand on his arm to pull him up.

“My Lord!!! It’s over…we have to withdraw!!!” Hamner sneered evilly at RT as he allowed himself to be pulled to his feet, watching RT drop his helmet off to look down at Erryn. As Hamner was pulled away, his eyes still locked on RT as he walked backwards, he continued to sneer. He would be back…he would be back and this time he would bring more Soldiers…he would bring the whole Army if he had to. This wasn’t over.

Cradling Erryn’s head in his arms, RT struggled to get the helmet off of her. The guilt at having her struck down by his brother almost more than he could bear. She breathed heavy, trying to speak to him before she had to go. RT shushed her laying his hand on her face. Finally succumbing to her injury she let out a soft moan before she gave up. RT laid her down gently, still gazing at her now lifeless body the anger welling up inside of him. Picking up the discarded Plasma Cannon, RT strapped it to his armor, a full out run in pursuit of his Brother.

Hamner wordlessly jumped back on the Tank, Sicness pushing him up on board. Almost catatonic with fury, Hamner saw his brother leap out of the woodline, but said nothing. Sicness turned in time to take two plasma rounds through the shoulder, spinning him around and landing him squarely on the ground. Screaming with fury RT unleashed the full complement of power in the newly loaded power cells as he moved the cannon back and forth over the tank’s surface. It sparked and sizzled in places as components and systems began to go offline in the vehicle. Hamner slowly lowered himself down into the gunner compartment, swiveling the main gun lazily toward his Brother a strange smile coming over his face. As he depressed the firing toggle the computerized voice of the tank’s systems spoke back to him.

< ”Main Targeting Computer Offline…Main Battery Offline.”>

Sicness moved quickly to the back of the tank hoisting himself and his wounded arm onto the troop ledge, holding on to the loading bar with one hand. Tossing the now empty cannon aside, the barrels continuing to spin and smoke as RT hoisted it down off his body to drop it lifelessly on the ground, he removed his sidearm, firing blaster shots at the tank. Hamner reached down taping the driver on the shoulder, the lazy catatonic smile still blanketing his face as the tank slowly spun around retreating into the darkness. RT continued to fire long after he ran out of power and long after the tank disappeared from sight. The empty click from the hate for Hamner still spewing from the pistol.

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Darth Marr leaned back from the holo-view of the action on the ground, bringing his hand to his face considering what he had just seen. RT-946, the Brother of Darth Hamner, genetically enhanced Super-Commando was not a variable he had planned for and obviously from the actions on the ground, Darth Hamner was not able to deal with. Getting up from his Command Chair on board the ISS Devistator, Darth Marr pointed at his Communications Officer.

"Open a channel to Agent Amalgom, I have something I would like him to do for the Empire...this war effort is too important to sacrifice over one Sith's personal vendetta."

Amalgom nodded acknowledgement at the transmission, the voice on the other end already having been verified by voice print identification. Even though he was still in the woods near the ‘Shadows’ encampment site he visibly stood up at the position of attention.

“Yes My Lord…it will be done.”

Slowly RT emerged from the woods, he saw that the other children had already moved the dead to a central location away from the engagement site. The other children, not tending to the dead or wounded were busy scurrying about doing what they were trained to do, search the dead and scavenge supplies. For the moment RT wished he wasn’t a Soldier, he sat down exhausted, his mind a complete blank. He couldn’t think about what his next move was going to be, he couldn’t think about the tactical layout of the site in case of counter-attack. In fact the only thing that went through his mind was that Erryn was dead and it was all his fault. As the search continued one of the kids yelled from a position deep within the woodline back toward them all in the encampment.

“Major! I got something over here…you need to see this!”

Hamner stormed into the main foyer of his palatial residence having gotten over his sudden stupor on the way back. Sicness limped off into the darkness to find medical attention. Hamner wanted a shower and a fresh suit of armor, he talked loudly as he walked toward his dressing area, expecting his slaves to react to his whim. When he received no response he raised his voice louder and was greeted by the seven-foot tall monstrosity that was, Darth Marr as he walked into the light out of the shadows.

“They won’t answer you Darth Hamner…I have dismissed everyone including your slaves, I thought we should have a moment alone together.” Hamner looked around quickly for someone, anyone else that could possibly be in the room and hearing no one else became nervous, Marr tried to waylay his uneasiness. “There is no one else here, so you can dispense with the bootlicking and ass-kissing for the moment….You have made a mockery of this Command Hamner, a mockery and a shambles. It’s a wonder the entire infrastructure hasn’t collapsed on you.” His voice dark and rich, Darth Marr strode to the small bar set up next to the massive Governor’s Throne in the center of the room pouring himself a glass of dark liquid. Hamner did not speak, merely keeping his distance from him. “Your problem…it’s quite simple really…Most Sith rely on their passions to fuel their power, channel it into something useful, most of the time MORE power, but you, you’re different…” Darth Marr removed his mask setting on the chair, Hamner swallowed hard, no one had ever seen Darth Marr’s face and lived to tell about it. Marr sipped from the glass, the hood and his angle in the darkness still obscuring his features. “….you allow your passions to govern you, control you…channeling them into further emotions of hatred, greed, lust….envy. This in turn affects your ability to think rationally, to lead…..rationally.” Setting the glass down, Marr picked his mask up placing it back on his face. Hamner let out a sigh of relief for the moment, fear creeping back in…Darth Marr may still kill him. “This ends today. At this moment Agent Amalgom is on his way back to the ‘Shadows’ encampment, I am offering your Brother a truce.” Hamner’s face twisted in anger, but was quickly extinguished by the faceless stare of his superior. “You disagree? Your short-sightedness almost costs us this planet, Darth Hamner and you would dare to disagree….” His voice still soft, Marr had no reason to raise his voice, the point had been made. “Your Brother will be given safe passage off of Bilringhi, in exchange for his promise to disband the remainder of the militia…” It was time Hamner spoke up, as Marr walked past him to leave, Hamner cleared his throat, speaking harshly.

“You would have me stand idly by while you make a deal with him!!! The one who sacked countless Imperial Facilities, took countless Imperial lives…” Hamner’s tone or his words spurred Darth Marr to react as he walked quickly back toward Hamner, his form towering over him.

“You can blame yourself for that! Your executions, the bombings, your relentless search for the man…it’s a wonder he didn’t kill you! Unlike you…your Brother is a bona-fide hero, he fights for something…a cause…and once he latches onto it, nothing short of a herd of Kath hounds could tear him away! You would do well to live by that example for the Glory of the Empire...” Marr turned away to leave, turning back shortly to finish. “This effort is too important to allow one man to jeopardize it! RT-946 is the type of individual we DO NOT need on this planet, the people would rally behind him…it would be civil unrest without end! He will go, we will honor our agreement with him and in doing so….set the future for the Fall of the Republic!” Without fanfare Darth Marr left, leaving the doors open behind him. Although he didn’t say the words to Hamner, in stating that they would ‘Honor our agreement’ he drove the point home. Hamner’s pursuit had ended.

Upon entering the small clearing within the woodline RT had been called to he noticed two things. First, and most importantly in his mind, his ‘kids’ had their weapons trained on an Imperial Commando who was not quite dead. The white armored Commando breathed heavily, scorch marks prevalent all over his once shiny armor. In his torso near the upper right shoulder, two very neat holes very close together penetrated the armor, blaster wounds. He lay with his hands to his side and above him as RT approached, RT said nothing to him. Moving, close by one of his other ‘kids’ fiddled with something. Kneeling down RT grasped it from him, trying to read the data being transmitted from it. The pad was tracking something and the signal was still very strong, coming from inside the camp. Motioning with his own blaster, RT ordered the ‘kids’ to keep their weapons trained on the Imperial as RT reached around his backside removing his HUD transmitter and locator beacon, severing his ties with the Imperial network. Looking at the badly injured man, RT spoke plainly.

“Try to run…they kill you. Hurt one of them…I kill you. Do we understand each other?” The Imperial Commando gave a shaky nod of his head as RT turned his attention back to the tracking device in his hand. They walked slowly out of the woodline, RT leading the pack as the tone and distance meter decreased. Entering the center, the tracking signal finally pulsated green and winked out, RT looked up to see Bein staring back at him. His first impulse was to shoot the boy, but the other ‘kids’ already had that idea as RT quickly waved them down, telling them to lower their weapons. One of them slipped silently behind him removing his pistol as he turned to face RT a look of pure defiance on his face. Sadly, RT sat down continuing to meet the boy’s stare, “Why…Bein. Why??? Why did you lead them here?” Bein looked around at everyone quickly staggering back and raising his voice so they all could hear.

“You want to know why….Sir?!?! Because we didn’t need you…that’s why!!! We were doing just fine before you came along…isn’t that right???” No one agreed with him as he looked helplessly around at the others. Erric jumped forward, pistol in hand, the tracks of tears still marking his face.

“You killed my Sister you Son-of-a-bitch!!!” RT quickly disarmed Erric grabbing him up and sitting him down beside him.

“No Erric…we don’t kill our own.” Standing up RT tossed the pistol into the dirt, announcing loudly for all of them to hear, “You hear me! All of you! We don’t kill our own!” Bein continued to look around at them all nervously. “Bein…you will be detained and kept under guard until we can decide what to do with you…until we figure out exactly what you did.” A voice came out from behind RT catching him completely off guard, the crisp Imperial accent all too familiar to his ears. Amalgom materialized out of his cloak in the center of them all, his hands raised slightly above his head.

“There is no need to detain the boy. I can answer that for him, he was working for me.” RT quickly drew his blaster leveling it at Amalgom, none of the others knew how dangerous the man was, but RT knew all too well.

“Everyone clear out! Get away from him!” Amalgom continued to look at RT impassively as he circled him, a strange silence falling over them all.

“This is uncalled for Major…I came here at my Master’s request, under a flag of truce. Now surely you wouldn’t shoot an unarmed man, would you?” RT kept his distance, still continuing to circle.

“An Imperial Agent is never truly unarmed, isn’t that what you told me last time, Amalgom?” Amalgom smiled slightly looking down his hands still raised.

“That is true. I did say that last time, but my Master has given me an order…an order which I am bound to obey.” RT squinted at Amalgom.

“Your Master? You mean my Brother…Hamner sent you here?” Again Amalgom smiled.

“No…the Master of my Master, Darth Marr…he has commanded that I speak with you. To offer you a truce…” The look of shock was not lost on everyone as RT scoffed.

“Truce? Marr? Offering a truce…I don’t think so.” Gesturing to his side with his head, Amalgom pointed at the Holocomm on his belt.

“I don’t think I will lower my hands to get it. I don’t want to end up shot….again.” RT frowned, there was no way he was going to get close to Amalgom. After a moment, RT gestured with the pistol.

“Nice and slow Agent…get the Holocomm and set it on the rock over there, then back away.” Amalgom did as he was instructed, giving RT additional instructions on how to activate the message. Keeping his gun trained on Amalgom, RT activated the Holocomm, Darth Marr’s ghastly image materialized after a second to the children’s collective gasps and whispers. Even in miniaturized form, Marr was evil incarnate.

< ”Major Alpha…I have had Agent Amalgom bring you this message to offer you safe asylum off Bilhrighi. You are a man out of his element Major and you are a torn in my side. We both know you want to get off this world and I can provide that. This one condition…you disband the Militia and promise never to return here. We both know you can keep that promise Major, you will not be coming back here with a Republic attack force, you are no longer a part of the Republic Military. You will give your answer to Agent Amalgom, he will in turn relay that answer to me. I await your response Major Alpha, do not keep me waiting…this offer is on a time-limit and is non-negotiable.”>

The image cut out suddenly as RT sat down, the thought of keeping the gun on Amalgom no longer an issue. Slowly Amalgom lowered his hands.

“It really is quite generous RT…can I call you RT? I feel like we’ve known each other for so long…” Amalgom’s words brought RT’s pistol back up as Amalgom who was about to sit down reconsidered and remained standing. “Honestly Major, I am as baffled by this as you are…the least you can do is act civilized.” RT smiled scornfully.

“Civilized? You call bugging one of my boys civilized? Using his signal to track us here and try to kill us, that’s civilized?” Amalgom gave RT a hurt expression.

“War Major. It’s what happens in War. He was an asset and I used it to the best of my abilities.” Amalgom glanced over at the injured Commando, “Apparently, not my finest hour, but we all do make mistakes…” RT couldn't fault the man’s honor, if indeed Darth Marr had sent him here with a message of truce, it had to be legitimate. After all, it was Amalgom who had told RT about his Son being held by the Republic and it was Amalgom that had contacted RT’s Sister Karolin, when his Brother had Dremmess in captivity, the details of which RT still didn’t know.

“Lets say for the moment I believe you. How would this work? You’re just going to call in an Imperial Transport and transport me and my kids out of here?” Amalgom had to honestly shrug at that, Darth Marr had not shared the details of the plan with him only sending him in to get RT’s acceptance of the terms.

“I don’t know Major…I will have to contact Darth Marr for that. I take it you are in agreeance with the terms of the arrangement then?” RT shook his pistol at Amalgom again.

“I haven’t agreed to anything. It was my plan to get to a Sub-Space transmitter and Comm my wife for a ride out of here anyway…with or without your help, I was on my way out.” Amalgom smiled warmly gesturing at his Holocomm once again.

“Why not Comm her now?" In Amalgom’s estimation it was not a breach of Darth Marr’s arrangement to allow RT to utilize the Holocomm, in fact if anything it could only enhance the deal. The planet was surrounded by an armada of Imperial ships, it would take a stroke of genius piloting to get through the blockage unscathed. The only way RT was getting off the planet was with their help. RT sat up quickly grasping the Holocomm. He clutched it to his chest, Amalgom still smiling warmly. “The Holocomm is linked into the Imperial Communications system, any transmission you send will be received I assure you.” Setting the Comm down, RT began to feverishly type in Drem’s Holo-frequency, his hands and face began to sweat, the chance to see his wife again almost too much to bare.

The Imperial bombardment had already gone on for a few minutes as Drem and several other of the Beacon’s Jedi lay flat against the culvert avoiding the enemy fire. The Holocomm on her hip buzzed, it was not someone in the tactical network, that message would have come through the headset she wore. Annoyingly she picked it up off her belt as the fuzzy image winked in and out, finally giving her a semblance of what looked like RT’s face. She nearly dropped it in the mud as she clasped her other hand over her mouth.

“Oh my Force!!! Baby!!! Is that you!! RT!!!” She twisted the reception on the Holo-unit trying to increase the gain on the signal, his voice cracked and sputtered as the other’s laying with her began to look up and over her shoulder at the man they all thought was dead.

< ”Ye—eally me!!! By th---rce I hav—issed you!!”>His signal was weak and there were a thousand things Drem wanted to ask him, she saved it all for later asking the most important question at that moment.

“RT!!!...RT!!! Where are you, Honey!!! I am coming to get you!!! Where are you!!” The image died as her Holocomm winked out. She shook it furiously, finally touching the side of her head. “Major Fenrin…that message that was just relayed to me!! I need to get that transmission back!! Where did it originate from!!” The voice that came back was from one of the Comm Operators in the Command Tent.

“I am sorry Master…the message was jammed at the source. I am trying to locate it, but you weren’t online long enough to get a trace…” Major Fenrin’s voice cut in.

“Master Alpha….who was that, that was on an Imperial wavelength…it cut straight through the jamming devices we have set up.” Dremmess smiled warmly, laying the Holocomm on her chest, for the moment she didn’t care that she had lost RT’s signal, she didn’t care that 1000’s of Imperial plasma shells were raining down around them and that half of the Imperial Army was headed their way. RT was alive. He was alive and he called her, to let her know he was alive. She spoke into her headset softly.

“It was Major Alpha…he’s alive! By the Force…my husband is alive!”

Dremmess’ ghostly image winked out and faded as the Imperial transmission symbol took over, the computerized voice chiming over at them.

< ”TRANSMISSION LOST”>

Amalgom unfolded his hands from his chest in alarm, that shouldn’t have happened. Knelling down in front of RT, Amalgom picked up the device, pressing a few buttons. He finally gave RT a pained expression.

“I’m sorry Major…I don’t know what happened. The transmission should have gone through.”

Sitting alone in the dark, Hamner looked over at the Planetary Tactical display and finally released the button. The Planet was now enshrouded by the Imperial’s own jamming signal, a signal that was only supposed to be used in the event of Invasion. He leaned forward in his seat, his hands still clasped in front of his face. The die was now cast. Hamner’s own survival lay in his ability to kill his Brother and end this destructive Rebellion once and for all. Casting his eyes wide at the Planetary map once again he punched several more commands in.

< ”ORBITAL GUNNERY PLATFORMS – ACTIVATED”>

< ”TARGETING SEQUENCE – ACTIVATED”>

< SPACE AND GROUND TARGETS – SELECTED….WORKING”>

< ”SPACE AND GROUND TARGETS – AQUIRED”>

< ”FIRE ON IMPERIAL ASSETS?”>

The question mark from the last command scrolled by and continued to scroll awaiting the command to fire. Hamner leaned back again in his chair once again, the darkness of the room fully cloaking him.

A rather nervous Signal Operator called up from the pit of the ISS Devistator, it was not his intention to get Darth Marr’s attention, but rather the Deck Officer on duty. “Sir…The planetary defense grid on Bilringhi just went active. I am reading no enemy vessels in the vicinity, just our own ships.” The Deck Officer gave the man a puzzled look as Darth Marr, sensing something amiss strode over.

“You found something, Commander?” The Deck Officer launched himself to a rigid position of attention as Darth Marr peered down at the operator’s screen, his face twisting with a sneer inside of his mask. “Get me Darth Hamner…. planetside, NOW!”

As the Holocomm beeped with the warning of an incoming transmission, Hamner slowly got out of his seat walking toward the double doors. He opened them slowly walking out of them without looking back. The doors closed on their own, the red transmission light continuing to blink as the light faded from the room, the red light, the only thing left on in the darkness.

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

'As a matter of fact 'YES'...I AM my Brother's keeper...'

-Marstel talking to someone about his older Brother, RT-946

Handing the Holocomm back to Amalgom, RT gave a slight frown, “Looks like your Boss is going back on his offer…” The helmet he had sat down began a loud chiming alarm as Amalgom toyed with the Comm unit, RT sealed the helmet on, no longer worried about Amalgom’s presence. The image RT received from the civilian uplink startled him as the HUD began to relay the message…

<”PLANETARY DEFENSE SYSTEM ACTIVATED….ALL ORBITAL GUNNERY PLATFORMS NOW ONLINE…T-O-T….10 Minutes….Recommend Evasive Action….”>

The message began scrolling again as RT looked at Amalgom. It didn’t make sense, why would Darth Marr send Amalgom here if he didn’t intend to follow through with his offer. Having a sudden flashback, RT thought of Hamner’s attempt to kill him with Orbital Gunnery Platforms before, back on Makeb. It finally dawned on him. He tossed a rifle at Amalgom, who nearly dropped it in surprise. “Looks like you’re going with us…Alright people listen up!! Gather your things!! We are moving…The weight of the entire Imperial Army is about to come down on us and we had better not be here when it arrives!” Amalgom continued to give RT a strange look as he checked the rifle over, again shocked that it was fully loaded.

“Pardon me Major…but am I missing something?” Amalgom’s prissy Imperial accent, slightly high pitched as RT led him away from the busy children as they moved and prepared their equipment. He spoke to him in a hushed tone.

“Unless I am reading this wrong…your life ain’t worth spit right now! You have no choice, but to come with us…or you can face my Brother when he gets here.” Amalgom looked over at the children before pursing his lips.

“Darth Hamner has jammed all transmissions on and off the planet…he has initiated a lockdown…hasn’t he?” RT smiled sarcastically inside his helmet.

“You’re not as dumb as you look Amalgom…and if I am correct he is none too happy with YOU right now.” Amalgom took a step back, he raised the weapon slightly.

“Then killing you would put me back in his good graces, would it not? Why take me with you?” RT didn’t react to the slight threat, in fact closing the distance with Amalgom.

“Because I need you right now! These kids…need you! You’re our only ticket off this rock!” He turned his back to Amalgom grabbing up his pack and some supplies. “Besides, if you kill me…who’s to say Hamner still doesn’t kill you and take the credit for himself?” Amalgom lowered the rifle.

“I see your point, Major. I believe we have an accord.” Amalgom extended his hand, a toothy grin blanketing his face. RT looked at it a moment before shaking it.

“This doesn’t mean I won’t kill you if you try anything, you do ANYTHING to hurt these children, your ass is mine…got it???” Amalgom didn’t react to being threatened, merely nodding his head. As long as he had known RT, he was a man of his word. He would defend these kids to his dying breath. Amalgom had no doubt that if that included killing him, he would do it and lose no sleep over it. The activity had stopped behind them as several of the children flanked by Erric stood in the center, looking up at RT. Erric had a look of dismay and sadness on his face.

“RT…Sir. Are we just going to leave them…Erryn? And the others?” Things had happened so fast RT didn’t have time to react or to grieve over the loss of Erryn and several of the other children. He was just broaching the subject of dealing with the traitor, Bein and hadn’t even thought about what he was going to do about Erryn’s body. He kneeled down to Erric, a warm smile on his face.

“Of course we won’t Erric…I’m sorry. But, I am not completely sure what your people do on this planet…what their custom for ‘dealing’ with the loss of a loved one is?” Erric shrugged his shoulders.

“We bury them, Sir…but, you…you should do ….for Erryn, what Soldiers would do…she would like that.”

Navigating the speeder back toward the remains of the Hangar that only hours before had been Grandmaster Aylayi and her Sister-in-Law, Karolin’s refuge Dremmess came to a quick stop, jumping off the speeder before it even ceased movement. Seeing LT. Shampine, she was shocked by his haggard appearance and nodded respectfully in his direction. Any other time she would have stopped to check on him, but she was on a mission, she had to find Aylayi. The strong smell of Detonite and burnt plasma choked almost anyone coming into the area. Dremmess made a bee-line for the woods sensing her Master nearby. Passing the barricade and casting herself into the misty haze that covered the battlefield on Balmorra, she came up on a group of winding and twisted trees. The battle had ended, at least in this area and everyone was busy licking their wounds, Imperial and Beacon alike. Master Aylayi was bent down by one of the trees, looking at something as Dremmess approached, she spoke without turning around, her voice a monotone.

“Congratulations. I hear RT is alive…and now you’re here to ask me if you can leave…” Dremmess stopped in her tracks, the lack of emotion in her voice slapping her. It dawned on her, after everything that had been lost, all of the pain and suffering…her joy at finding out her husband was alive didn’t affect everyone else. It was personal. Dremmess couldn’t expect everyone to act excited just because she was.

“Yes Master…I need to get out of here! I need to go after him!” Aylayi turned slowly, still sitting in a squat. Her hair loose from her normal braid, now a matted mess of blood and grime, her face was much the same and lacked the expression it usually carried.

“Do you even know where…he is? Do you even have a clue?” Aylayi’s voice was venomous, although she didn’t really mean it to be. The weight of the loss incurred by the days battle, combined with the weight of Command was finally taking its toll. In Master Aylayi’s mind she had already decided what she was going to say, she needed Dremmess to come to the same conclusion on her own.

“Well…NO, his transmission was interrupted…I…uh…I know his last known position. I will start there!” Dremmess responded, matter-of-factly. Master Aylayi finally got up off her haunches, strolling over to a near-by clearing in the trees. Several medical and technical personnel poured over a body that had been unceremoniously deposited there. Master Aylayi didn’t want to tell Dremmess that her Sister-in-law, Karolin was the body the medic’s were pouring over, Dremmess already had enough to worry about. She directed her attention back to Dremmess.

“So…he told you where he was going?” Asking the question with an eyebrow raised, Dremmess noticed what her Grandmaster had been looking at. In her hand, the Grandmaster held Karolin’s lightsaber and she glanced down quickly to the clearing filled with Beacon’s medical personnel. Turning her attention back to the Grandmaster, Dremmess swallowed hard. The revelation that RT had been found dulled the knowledge that Karolin could be lost at the same time and it sobered her. She swallowed hard again. Finally, Dremmess had to admit that RT didn’t actually tell her anything. Only that he was meeting Marstel and he was doing a cargo run. At the time it had seemed innocuous and Dremmess did not really feel the need to ask him any details. That day was like so many others, RT was sad and angry, he was missing the Army and was unhappy as per usual, much like the past few weeks for them both. Dremmess was more interested in making her husband feel better than prying into his business, business that he wasn’t particularly fond of doing anyway. Over the course of the last week, she had wished so many times that she had actually pried into that business. And Over the past week Dremmess had faced a series of regrets, wishing she had done and said so many things that she would never have the chance to say again. That he was alive brought all of that back, the regret, the pain at having not said and done those things suddenly coming to the surface and it drove her. Now as she stood there, asking to leave, she had to admit that she had no idea where she was going. The pain that filled her heart was almost as bad as finding out her husband had been killed. To be so close, but so far away was mind-numbing. Anything could happen to RT out there and she was stuck, not just on a battlefield, but stuck not having any way to help him. As she allowed the sorrow to fill her heart she had an idea…even on a battlefield, with limited communications, it was still a shot.

“Master…can I have your permission to attempt a Transmission…through the Imperial Network?”

Entering the mechanized maintenance facility, Hamner walked a brisk pace, purposeful. He had changed his armor, choosing to wear the standard armor of the Imperial Armored forces, his attempt to blend in and give his Soldiers a sense of kinship with them. For in the coming hours he would need that kinship if he was to pull off this coup. Sicness joined his Master falling into step with him as he walked toward the hangar which contained his Command vehicle. They didn’t exchange words Sicness already aware that something was amiss, the whispers and rumblings passing among his forces like a wildfire as Sicness laid in the infirmary earlier for treatment. Having sworn absolute loyalty to Hamner unlike Amalgom, Sicness was bound to Hamner and not the Empire. It was Hamner who had taken Sicness under his wing when he had been cast out by the Dark Council and it was Hamner who had vouched for him when that same Council had ordered his execution. It would take more than the rumblings of a few rank and file Officers to raise Sicness’ eyebrow. As they walked, Sicness would hazard a glance at Hamner who looked resolute, a man who had come to a decision and intended on going through with it no matter the cost. There was no need to speak about it, Hamner knew Sicness would follow him wherever they were going. The Command Tank was designed specifically to Hamner’s specifications. It had an extended tactical planning area in the back. Looking like a turtle on tracks, its shell housing everything a person would need to run their own mobile war. The ramp in the rear of the track was already down as Hamner walked briskly up sitting down in one of the center sets, placing a headset on and flipping a few switches to open channels to all of the forces currently in his sector. Base wide amplification systems squelched as Hamner cleared his throat to address the Imperials.

“I am aware that this morning there have been some rumblings about why the Planetwide defense system has been activated and why all ground to space communications have been severed. In accordance with Imperial mandates, I have initiated a planetary lockdown. Although I owe none of you an explanation, the fact of the matter is this…A Republic Invasion force has arrived in the system and is currently engaging our fleet in orbit. In coordination with the rebellious forces on the ground, it is the intention of these forces to link up and establish a base of operations in order to drive us off the planet. I don’t need to remind all of you of how vital and important stopping these rebel has become. Over the past week, you have all fought and some of our brave forces have died….trying to rid ourselves of this threat. If we allow the Republic’s conventional forces to join with the rebels, it will not only be civil unrest without end, it will also mean our annihilation. We have nowhere to go. Our fleet is not coming for us, they are engaged in their own struggles in orbit. It’s do or die for us Men…the time has come to show our Emperor that we are resolute in our commitment to hold this planet and show our commitment to our Empire. All forces are to be ready to move out at a moment's notice, I will be sending you all follow on orders as we move toward our objective, Long live the Emperor and Long live the Empire…”

Hamner placed the headset back on the rack and turned to look at Sicness, half-expecting a series of questions. Looking impassive under his mask, Sicness cleared his throat.

“Excellent speech, my Lord…shall I alert our Tank crew and begin preparations for departure?”

Powering up the hyperdrive, Marstel’s face was all concentration. It wasn’t just Dremmess’ Holo-call that had him focused. It was also his partner, Katiaran. The night prior she had abruptly left his ship while they were docked on Nar Shaddaa. Her excuse was not believable and she continued with her strange behavior. Marstel being the male he was, he was not inclined to argue, he was after all not married to the woman, she could come and go as she pleased. But, her behavior since the robbery of his brother Hamner and her sudden departure had him baffled. In his mind, he felt as if they had spent enough time together that she owed him an explanation. It wasn’t in his nature to ask for one and he was sure she wouldn’t give it if he did. At that moment he didn’t have time to chase her or ask questions as the impulse engines lifted his ship from the dock carrying him to Nar Shaddaa’s hyperspace lane. This mystery was one that could wait. She wasn’t going anywhere, but there was definitely something going on that he had to get to the bottom of. After he went to get his brother, he was coming back and he was going to get his girl.

Darth Marr had the Devastator move around Bilringhi’s Terminator as midnight rose on one side, morning shined on the other. This was a bold move by the lesser Darth, one that Marr almost had to admire. Had Darth Marr not given his word to RT, he might even have let Darth Hamner’s actions go. But, Darth Marr rarely gave his word on anything. Not that his words were cheap or meaningless, his words to him had ultimate value. It was the reason why he so very rarely made promises and rarer still allowed the spoken word to bind him. Words had strength, but action showed power. More often than not, Darth Marr acted. He let the strength of his body speak for him, the mind being held in reserve to back up his convictions. The bridge on the Devastator was noisy as dozens of Officers and personnel puzzled with the problem of breaking through the planetary blockade, trying to contact anyone who could relay a message or relay information on the situation on the surface. Like a rock in a stream, Darth Marr let it flow over him as he stood in the center of the bridge allowing the others to scurry around like ants. The Force was the stream and it was the rush and power against him that would present a solution. It always had. Without ever seeking its guidance, he was ever mindful of its ability to balance the universe. He scoffed at the Jedi who always meditated and preached about the ever wise and all knowing revelations of the Force. It was an entity, an entity that brought him greater power and strength. But like all living things it craved balance. It was the ever changing and always chaotic universe that caused the Force to create that balance. As one thing changed, so did the Force in its attempt to complete the circle, to balance itself. A solution was coming, as always, Darth Marr had to be mindful that he didn’t miss it when it presented itself. Jedi, they could continue to seek knowledge and guidance through the Force meditating and studying, Darth Marr would be happy allowing it to speak to him, to bring him the guidance, like a Slave bringing something to its Master. He was the Master, not the Force. The apprehension and nervousness of addressing Darth Marr directly was already off the bridge at the beginning of the crisis as a young Communications Operator spoke directly to him from his position in the Pit. ‘Good’, Darth Marr thought, ‘I want them to work as a single mind. We have no time for fear right now.’ Walking over to the operator and looking down, Darth Marr scanned the man’s console as he spoke.

“Sir, our picket ships have engaged a Mantis class assault vessel entering the system, its trajectory suggests it’s making a line for Bilringhi.” Darth Marr had to smile as he thought to himself, ‘Ah…such a good Slave, the Force, always eager to serve your Master.’

“Put the Mantis on the screen, let me see what it’s doing…” The Operator relayed the images to Darth Marr’s forward screen as Marstel’s ship jerked and spun wildly avoiding the enemy’s fire moving ever so slightly toward Bilringhi as it did so. “Information on the ship?” The Operator relayed an informational overlay that displayed itself on the live image as it continued to out fly and out class its pursuers. It wasn't much, the mantis was an 'aquired' ship having been registered to a Bounty Hunter associations alias. The registration owner had been changed several times as well as the owners transponder, typical tactics by a person wanting to remain 'anonymous'. The current owner and the name that continued to show up on several registration IDs was Marstel, no last name was given. As Darth Marr read the registration information for the Mantis, he raised an eyebrow inside his mask, the Force once again balancing itself. “Send a message to the Commander of the outer picket, tell them to disengage….allow the Mantis to get close to Bilringhi. When he realizes that the planet’s gunnery platforms are on line, he will go evasive and slow down. Grab his ship in a tractor beam and have the pilot brought to my chambers.” Darth Marr withdrew from the bridge without another word as several of the Officers smirked to themselves. Whoever was piloting that ship, they had just garnered the attention of Darth Marr, they would not survive long after arrival.

The door to Darth Marr’s chamber slid shut behind Marstel as the two guards escorting him had stopped short allowing him to go inside. Darth Marr stood with his back to the man. Marstel said nothing and Darth Marr after a moment turned to see why the individual was being so quiet, typically just being in Marr’s presence was enough to elicit a response. Upon turning around, Marr understood why. Marr and Marstel were roughly the same size, it was rare for Darth Marr to look eye to eye with anyone and for the first time in a long time, Darth Marr was actually surprised. He reached out through the Force and was again slightly alarmed, although he didn’t show it visibly. This man gave no reading in the Force, Marr could sense nothing. It was like trying to read the mind of a rock, there was simply nothing there. For a moment, Marr hoped that perhaps the man was slightly retarded or mentally challenged in some other way. Those types of individuals were extremely hard to read as well, their emotions were erratic or they showed little malice or intent toward anyone, thus the Force revealed nothing in them. Marstel continued to stand slightly forward his hands at his side, as Marr realized Marstel was hunched slightly, perhaps it was his typical gait. It was then that Marr also realized the Marstel was actually slightly larger than himself, Marstel was just not standing perfectly straight. Judging from the way he was dressed and the limited information he had on him, he surmised that Marstel was a bounty hunter of sorts. In fact the limited information was all he had, the Force wasn’t going to make this easy.

“What is your name, Hunter?” Darth Marr already knew that much, he was wanting to test his intellect. Marstel looked at him impassively answering in his typical monotone.

“Marstel.” Darth Marr actually had the urge to sit, typically one sat when they had a person in front of their desk they were interrogating. It displayed the interrogator’s power, but in this case Marr didn’t want to appear any smaller than he already was.

“You were on your way to Bilringhi….why?” Marstel didn’t react overtly, casting his eye quickly around the room and observing Darth Marr. The man was huge and to anyone else probably imposing. Marstel brought his attention back to the Dark Lord as he gave him a quick typical monotone answer.

“Sight-seeing.” Marr had to smile slightly on the inside of his mask. That answer would have gotten anyone else killed. Marr wasn’t sure if he wanted to waste the effort in trying to kill this man, he was sure he would prevail, but he may have to break a sweat. Besides, he might need him.

“Short, curt..and to the point. I will try to be equally blunt.” Marr walked around the corner of the desk positioning himself within arms reach. Marstel was feeling a little enclosed in the chamber, although it was a huge room, he was feeling the man’s presence. “The planet you are approaching is under planetary lockdown, the Commander of the garrison down there doesn’t want anyone getting through including us…now you wouldn’t know anything about that, would you?” Marstel raised a slight questioning eyebrow.

“Aren’t you on the same team?” Marr was beginning to think that it may be pointless to continue the conversation, if he had known anything or was in any kind of hurry he would have said more to that point. He let out a slightly angered sigh, not at Marstel, but at the situation as he once again turned his back.

“I’m afraid Darth Hamner is on no ones ‘team’ at the moment.” The mention of Hamner’s name shot through Marstel like lightning. RT was trapped on the planet and was being hunted by Hamner. Had Marr been facing him he would have seen the slight look of shock on his impassive face as he said it. It was Marstel’s luck that he had not been facing him. Thinking quickly, Marstel had to find a way to use that to his advantage. In the end, he decided to tell the man the truth, after all…what could it hurt. He spoke all at once, revealing everything. He hated talking. But in this case he had no choice.

“My brother is trapped on the planet. My other brother is hunting him. I need to get down there.” Marr was not a man quick to emotional displays, but this was indeed revealing. He turned with a start, thinking to himself how truly remarkable the Force was in its infinite ways. Here, on his doorstep, stood the third brother, he wondered if there were anymore, but chose not to ask. This presented an interesting solution. In one swift action, Marr could be rid of RT and Hamner, if it was this brother’s intention to fly RT out of there and kill Hamner. He clasped his hands to keep from wringing them excitedly.

“I will ask you once…what is your intention once you get to the surface?” Darth Marr had to maintain the appearance of being in control, even though he was close to losing it. His excitement coming close to bringing him to an emotional display. Marstel didn’t move, simply maintaining his stance and looking at the Dark Lord directly.

‘It’s my fault my Brother is down there, I mean to rescue him. If that means my other brother has to die…then that’s what happens...”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

'Look Buddy...you don't want to race me. I ALWAYS win...'

-Porchia, Daughter of RT-946

They were laid out side by side, the holes in the ground they would soon take their final rest in carefully dug out under them. The ‘kids’ took their time in digging the graves out, RT was pressed for time, but he couldn’t fault them as he busied himself with other things while they dug. He didn’t want to stop for a second and have to think about this moment that had finally arrived. The three of them, Erryn and two of her fellow ‘Shadows’ were laid side by side in large rocket crates, it was the largest boxes they had, the ammunition they contained long since discarded. A quiet fell over the camp as RT meticulously checked to ensure everyone was in their proper positions. This of course was another military exercise, he wanted to try and teach it as such. A funeral like any other event in a military organization was a mission, just like all the others, and the ‘kids’ had to learn just like all the others. Seeing that everything was in readiness, RT took his position at the head of the dead ‘Shadows’. Amalgom kept a careful distance away. He had tried to talk RT out of this ‘mission’ claiming that they simply did not have the time for this. What Amalgom didn’t know and perhaps would never understand was that Erryn meant a lot to RT. RT had to do this to give her brother the satisfaction he deserved, he had asked for it and he would get his request granted. Amalgom also didn’t know that RT wanted to teach these kids how to do this properly, if by chance they did not get off this planet they may have to do this again and next time it could be one of them lying in that box. But it wasn’t just Erryn’s death that weighed on RT or the fact that he now had to preside over the funeral of a friend. It was also RT wanting to show the Imperial that unlike them, the Republic were not barbarians, they honored their own. It had become a matter of principle now, especially since Amalgom had gone to such great lengths to protest against it. RT told himself that, he didn’t want to think about the real reasons or the beautiful young girl that lay at his feet, the girl that had sacrificed herself for him. Closing his eyes, RT had to self-activate his genetic programming, implanting in his mind that this was another military exercise. It was a necessity, with Hamner due to attack them at any moment, it was the wisest choice. Clearing his throat, RT began to speak to the silent masses. Amalgom stood near the woodline, the rifle cradled in his arms looking out. In his mind RT had already rehearsed what he was going to say, the same things all the Officers who preside over funerals say. As he began though, he realized it wasn’t fitting and changed his mind.

“Today I was going to stand up here and recite the Oath of Allegiance that all Officers take when they become Officers in the Republic Army. I was going to tell you about Erryn’s accomplishments and how much she was a valued member of our organization, how much she meant to all of us and how much she would be missed…” RT coughed again, clearing his throat, “As I stood here looking at Erryn and our other two fallen heroes, I realized none of that was fitting….” RT’s face twisted in anger as he continued, “These three were not heroes, they were more than that…they were brothers, sisters, confidants….they were our friends! All they wanted was to survive this war and eventually live in peace in a place they called home. The best way we can honor them, is to ensure that they are never forgotten, that what they fought so hard for and died for is something that we carry on for them!” RT reached down and touched Erryn’s forehead as he looked down, “Erryn was my friend….I knew her! And I won’t ever forget her…” Amalgom took his rifle out of his arms knowing what was coming next and getting ready for it. As RT stepped back, the team of seven lifted their rifles onto small shoulders and fired three times over the bodies of their loved ones. Turning away from them, RT didn’t have time for grief; he had to get them buried and everyone on their way. He knew at some point, he would come back here, he would have to come back here to see this place again. This was now hallowed ground and everyone would soon know that they paid for this ground with their dearest blood. They owned it. And he would be damned if he let anyone defile it.

It was midday before the Droid Carriers made it to the site of the old encampment. Hamner got down off of his Command Track after taking one last look at his tactical display. RT had done a good job of covering his tracks, no scouts had reported any movement at either site and none of his Airborne scouts saw anything. Glancing up at the sky, Hamner cursed the weather on this planet. It was overcast, another advantage for his Brother. Looking at his Commanders, he gave a slight head nod as the one in charge of the Droid Battalion activated his control system. The carriers rumbled slightly as the lifts and ramps began movement depositing the cargo of 55 Imperial Commando Droids onto the surface of the encampment. Hamner watched them deploy before snatching the control pad out of his Commander’s hands to check their orders for himself. These droids would walk the ground from here to the next encampment covering every inch of space. If there was anyone between here and there, they would be neutralized. Signaling his men to get back on the tracks, Hamner walked up the ramp to take his seat back at the command console, looking at his deployment spread. As he sat down, one of the droids signaled through the tactical readout, they had located RT’s Network Server and uplink. Hamner quickly got out of his seat smacking one gloved hand into the other.

“Finally. Results.” Hamner glared at some of the Commanders as he came down off the ramp, “Never send a Man to do a Droid’s job…” He glared at his Infantry Battalion Commander, “How many times did you say you went over this area?” As the Droids peeled back the debris, one of them focused on a slowly increasing whine and a steady blinking red light. It sent a message to the controller unit.

< ”INCOMING IMAGE…”> The Server exploded, destroying the surrounding droids and sending a blast wave that knocked one of the tracks to its side. Hamner was thrown off his ramp and used the Force to lessen his impact as he hit the ground. Some of his Officers were not so lucky. Sitting up from the smoking burning debris, he looked over to see that his sleeve has on fire, quickly patting it out.

Climbing the hill RT looked back in the distance at the smoke rising. Just as quickly the Network icon in his HUD started spinning searching for an uplink as his HUD fizzled and winked out. He spoke into his helmet as the Memory Core back-up took over local systems. “Alright guys…Network is officially offline, close distance and remain in range of each other. Our range just got limited…”

It was rare indeed to get a personal escort by Darth Marr anywhere, but in this case Marr felt compelled to do it. After having an in depth conversation with Marstel, Darth Marr now knew a few new things about Darth Hamner that he didn’t know before and it intrigued him. Marstel , RT-946 and Hamner were all linked by this ‘Project Alpha’, a project that on numerous occasions Darth Hamner had thrown in the face of the Dark Council claiming it was the key to the future survival of the Empire. Marr had to admit that after meeting and talking with Marstel, he may have been on to something. In his mind Marr always cataloged the strengths and weaknesses of his enemies. Without meaning to do so, Marr already had the beginnings of a log of the members of ‘Project Alpha’, he was already cataloging Project information. Now he just had to fill in some missing pieces. This could become his pet project, should he decide to pursue it. He just had to fill in some missing pieces and meet the final sibling…this elusive Sister that Marstel had spoken of…this Karolin. Resolving to get busy with it as soon as the crisis abated he watched as Marstel opened his ramp, his hands placed firmly on his hips. Marstel looked back at him cautiously, not truly believing that Marr was letting him go.

“Hunter, remember what I spoke of. The outer defense system is comprised of over twenty interlinked Gunnery Platforms. We cannot aid you in your attempt to breach that net. Should you get through and are successful in your attempts to retrieve your Brother, ensure you place the tracking device on Darth Hamner. Then you are to deactivate the defense grid, are we clear on that? You are to leave Darth Hamner to us…we will deal with him.” Marstel stopped on the ramp giving him a curt nod. “I believe the proper thing to say at this point would be ‘Good Luck’, fortunately I don’t believe in it. Remember, get your Brother, place the device and deactivate the defense system…I trust my men have instructed you and given the proper codes.” Again Martsel nodded, he was slightly perplexed as to why Marr was suddenly so interested. Marstel didn’t realize that Marr had no intention of letting any of them go. Marr was more than interested in this ‘Project Alpha’ now. That, combined with his Isotope-5 plan would lead the Empire into a new age and he had every intention of being that leader.

Hitting the impulse drive, Marstel put his ship into a slight spin to face away from the Gunnery Platform. Its main gun was much too large to target and fire at his ship, he would have to be flying a Capital Ship unable to move fast enough to NOT be able to get out of the way. The threat to Marstel was the platform’s own turrets designed to prevent someone from doing exactly what Marstel was about to attempt. Lining up his rear to the platform, Marstel activated his rear torpedo bay just as the platforms defenses came online and targeted him. Putting all his shielding to the rear, he jumped from the piloting seat running through the ship and sliding down the railing of the stairs. The ship rocked as all the platforms Laser Turrets began their barrage against his shields. Opening up the inner torpedo door, Marstel rolled a barrel shaped Sonic Bomb toward the opening setting the detonator to delay. Shoving it inside and sealing the door Marstel hit few buttons and lazily hit the outer door as the barrel shaped charge slowly rolled out toward the Gunnery Platform. Marstel twisted his wrist looking at his Chrono, a silent countdown moving over his lips. Quickly, Marstel ran back up the metal staircase and down the hall connecting his hold to the rest of the ship, sliding into the pilot’s chair as the bomb met its target. The shockwave rocked his ship forward as he hit the sub-lights heading back toward the Imperial Fleet. Quickly flipping his ship back around he looked down at the shields, his rear shields were off-line, but the Gunnery Platform now hung listlessly in orbit floating awkwardly on its side. Marstel let out a held breath murmuring to himself, “Not something I would try twice.” Hitting his impulse drives he rocketed past the platform and toward Bilringhi.

Darth Marr folded his arms looking out the main port on his bridge. Bounty Hunters had tricks the Imperial Navy didn’t, he vowed to check their inventory to see if they had seismic charges in their stores.

Cresting the hillside, RT put his Macros on maximum magnification looking back at the second encampment. Hamner’s droids were just exiting the woodline and RT called a halt to his ‘Shadows’. Amalgom curious as to why they stopped moving, moved in next to him.

“Why have we stopped Major? WE need to keep moving…” RT handed the Macros to Amalgom as he asked the question.

“Just a quick halt. I want to see if my estimation of my Brother is correct, keep an eye on the encampment for me.” Opening his pack RT took out a large control module setting a T-handle in the control face and glancing up at Amalgom. “You watching? Let me know when the droids stop moving.”

The Commando Droids exited the woodline spreading out in the Imperial ‘Terminator’ Formation, being careful to cover every inch of ground. Smoke ebbed from a recently extinguished fire as the droids combed the area looking for live beings. They moved slowly, picking up debris and giving the Command crew back in the last area a view of what they were looking at. Hamner scoffed as he watched them on his screen. Turning to look at his Droid Commander he gave him an incredulous look, “Can they move any slower…seriously?” The Commander looked at Hamner slightly annoyed, the look was not lost on Hamner.

“My Lord…you did instruct me to place them in ‘Search and Destroy’ mode after the last booby-trap…it will take some time as they scour the area for clues and living beings….” Hamner glanced back at the screen before clenching his fist tightly. The Droid Commander quickly grabbing at his throat trying to loosen his collar.

“I can see that, Commander…and DO NOT take a tone with me….”

One of the droids on the screen approached the fresh graves clearly running a thermal and bio-scan. It immedeaitely forwarded it’s findings to the Command Track requesting further instructions. Several other of the droids began to do the same thing, going over the same ground and conducting the same scan. Search and Destroy mode made all of the droids hover and investigate any clues they found, even if their compatriots had already analyzed the same things. Hamner sat up quickly. Soon the majority of the droids were gathered in that spot doing the same scan and relaying their own series of findings.

“W-what are they doing? No…NO!!! Get them away from there!!!”

Looking up at Amalgom awaiting a response he twisted slightly on the T-handle to ensure it was locked in place, “Well….Amalgom? Where are they?” Speaking without taking his gaze away from the Macrobinoculars, he shifted slightly.

“They are standing over the graves….most of them….” Amalgom looked down at RT a slight puzzled expression. “Looks like they are conducting some sort of scan…” Smiling RT twisted the T-Handle.

The fiery cloud that emerged from the field left little doubt that all of the Droids in that area and standing over the fresh graves were consumed by the explosion. Hamner was already out of his seat punching buttons on his Droid Commander’s Datapad when the explosion rattled the valley. He slowly stopped pushing buttons as the image on his screen fizzed and winked out. Becoming angry, he slammed the pad down on the tank’s deck plate shattering it into tiny pieces.

Amalgom had to smile, he looked down at RT lowering the Macros. “You knew. You knew he would go for the graves?” Standing up, RT raised a finger at Amalgom.

“No. I knew the 'Droids' would go for the graves…I just hoped that Hamner would have the foresight to put them on ’Search and Destroy’ mode…I knew he would use Droids, I just didn’t know what he would program them to do…I took a chance.” Amalgom raised the Macros back to his eye.

“He’s going to come hard and fast now…that’s what I would do.” He raised an eyebrow at RT, “Those ammo crates…the ones you had the bodies in, you left the missiles in them. But what did you do with the remains? The actual bodies…”

Parts of the Droids sputtered and exploded in the valley as the fire cast by the exploding surface to air missiles continued to burn. The entire living surface that was the ‘Shadows’ temporary home burned furiously at 5000 degrees as the valley crested to one side, a part guarded by a large bolder, surrounded by smaller rocks. The only spot untouched by the inferno. The grass slightly curled around it from the heat as the face of the rock reflected the flames and on that face were the words….

< ”HERE IN HONORED GLORY RESTS THE BEST OF SHADOW COMPANY FOREVER TO WATCH OVER THIS VALLEY”>

Behind the boulder sat three freshly dug graves, each with a small rock at the head, the one in the center baring the simple name and phrase…

<”ERRYN – CAPTAIN, SHADOW COMPANY”>

Directing the ship to low altitude, Marstel set his sensor grid to detection of low level frequencies. Through the jamming he was getting nothing, the Imperial jamming signal blocking out anything. His ship flew low and fast as a pair of Imperial Interceptors juked and weaved in behind him. Their orders were to keep the skies clear and in accordance with their orders they began blasting the rear of the Mantis Assault vessel. The control in Marstel's hand jerked back on him as the first blast shook his vessel, looking at the rear monitor he saw the two tiny fighters trying to get a better shot and avoiding hitting each other in the process. For the first time since she left, Marstel found himself missing Kat, if only for the fact that she was a crack shot and he could have used her hands on the gun controls at that moment. Continuing to weave and turn, Marstel ran the fingers of his other hand together against each other waiting for the right moment, watching the fighters continue to close. With a slap he hit the ships guns setting them to auto fire as the nearest fighter got close. Triple turrets on the Fore, Aft and the Bottom of the ship flipped around as they were cleverly disguised as stabilizers. The quick repeat fire of the guns continued to track the close fighter until it met its target destroying it and any pieces of it that couldn’t escape the cloud of plasma blasts. The other pilot seeing his wingman suddenly disintegrate in mid-air took a wide turn ending his pursuit. The pilot of the other fighter had to report this. The skies were no longer under the Empire’s control.

Thinking of a thousand different ways he wanted to torture and kill his older Brother, Hamner stood on the grass at the first ‘Shadow’ encampment. After the first two booby-traps, he was taking no chances and summoned another Company of Droids to be sent to him at his location. As he waited, his minion Sicness stuck his head outside the Command Track to get his Master’s attention.

“My Lord…we have a breach. Third Squadron is reporting they have lost an Interceptor…they believe that Darth Marr has found a way through the defense grid!” Hamner put the headset on as Sicness spoke.

‘Impossible. Even he is not that stupid…he knows nothing can get through th—“ Hamner stopped speaking as he watched the data-file of the second Interceptor’s engagement. Angrily talking off the headset, he squeezed and crunched them until they were dust. “I don’t Kriffin’ believe it! This is not possible! No one can be this unlucky!” Hamner was referring to himself. He recognized the ship the Interceptors were firing at as none other than his third brother, Marstel. Hamner wasn’t fast enough in his attempt to limit communications planetside, RT had gotten a message out. Flipping the switch to deactivate the jamming signal, Hamner sent an ‘all-frequencies’ message, knowing it would reach Marstel. He didn’t care who else heard it.

< ”Oh…Marstel. What do you think you’re doing? You can’t win this…you can’t possibly think you can rescue RT AND get off this planet…do you?”>

Marstel heard the Comm message jump on his previously silent Holo-comm, it echoed through the hull as Marstel smirked slightly. He had no intention of answering him. Looking at his tracking panel, Marstel’s smirk became a smile. Hamner had just deactivated the jamming signal to send that message on an open frequency, RT’s personal transponder blinked on the screen. Without realizing it, Hamner had just handed Marstel the ‘keys to the kingdom’, Marstel now had his older Brother’s location. Quickly putting his ship into a wild spin Marstel headed back in RT’s direction.

One of the Commanders pointed to Hamner’s tactical display, “Why is he changing direction? He’s headed this way…” Hamner realized his mistake to late as he quickly re-activated the jamming signal clearing his throat.

“Uh…it’s of no consequence…get the men in their tanks…we are pushing forward, ‘Hard and Fast’…”

Now it was a race, who could get to RT first?

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

'The MOST important thing in Life....family...'

-RT toasting the Life Day celebration at the Alpha Family Celebration

Amalgom was right. Hamner was on the move again, faster this time throwing most caution to the wind. ‘If only I would have had more time to put up more obstacles, hide more booby traps…”, RT thought. Glancing around quickly, his head looking like it was on a swivel, RT finally rested his gaze up the ridge-line. Pointing, he nudged Amalgom “Up there. That’s where we have to take them. Hamner is traveling by vehicle, we need to get somewhere that no vehicle can go.” Looking around at the ‘kids’ Amalgom could see that some of them were getting tired. They were after all children. He held his tongue for now, but he knew this climb might be their last. It wouldn’t be long before their little legs gave out and they all would have to turn and face the wraith coming toward them.

Beta Alpha, Knight of the Republic, Hero of the Battle of the Ten Gorges opened up his eyes with a start. There was a disturbance in his meditation and it wasn’t just that he felt his Mother fight the battle of a lifetime. He understood that, he felt through the Force that she had to do it. This was one of her ‘loose ends’ that she commonly referred to. Her attempt at tying up and finishing things that she had left undone. Karolin had a lot of loose ends and Beta tried to be understanding of this about his Mother. Sending his usual reassurance through the Force, Beta sighed. This one had almost cost her, her life. He could feel she was in pain and then he felt the bliss of her victory as her consciousness finally succumbed to sleep. She had won, but at what cost? Beta murmured to himself, “What have you done to yourself this time, Mother?” The prickling of the Force that made him open his eyes was more elusive than that, someone else was in trouble someone also close to him. For a moment he felt the pang of regret from his Aunt Dremmess. He could have sworn the Force spoke a name, but it couldn’t be possible. His uncle was dead and buried. But again the Force called to him, this time much clearer. ‘RT is in trouble….’ Getting up quickly, Beta began to get out of his meditation robes in his chamber at the Temple as a tiny knock rapped at his door. Before he could open it, the tiny frame of a girl poked her head around the doorway.

“You really need to stop sending me messages like this. If you want to talk, you can just use a Comm system like a normal person.” Porchia smiled her usual crooked smile at her cousin, but Beta’s face was a mask of concern.

“I didn’t send for you. What are you talking about?” Beta continued to get dressed as Porchia came into the room fully standing in the center simply looking at him. She rubbed her hand over her forehead.

“If you didn’t then why was I woke from a dream of a blue and brown planet that seemed to speak a name to me…I figured it was you doing your Force thing again…” They both looked at each other saying the word at the same time.

“Bilringhi…” Beta sped up his dressing as Porchia opened the door moving back toward the hangar bay, she spoke over her shoulder.

“We will take my ship…you don’t know how to drive….” Beta smirked at her as he clipped his sabers to his belt, moving in behind her.

The mechanized line of metal and fury crunched over the remains of the Droid Company as Hamner's tracks moved quickly toward RT. The top hatch was open and Hamner was letting the wind whip his face an evil smile on his features. They didn’t bother stopping at this site, the location of RT’s last little trick on Hamner. At that point Hamner didn’t care if there were anymore booby traps, it wasn’t his destiny to be killed by a faceless enemy. Everyone around him could disintegrate, they could be blown to bits or simply disappear into nothingness and none of it would touch him. He was going to get RT, this he was sure of. Coming up to the ridgeline, Hamner’s armored column slowed. He looked down into the tank angrily. “Why are we slowing?!?! I didn’t give the order to slow down!” Sicness was the only one among them that dare speak to the Master at that point, everyone else to afraid to be killed.

“My Lord….the tracks are going to have trouble getting up that ridge-line. We must proceed cautiously…” Sicness didn’t want to mention that the tactical relay was showing that the terrain became impassable further ahead. In his heart he hoped that they would have reached and destroyed RT by the time that happened. Hamner gritted his teeth reaching down to pick up the new headset that had been installed for him.

< ”Squadron Commanders…our prey is trying to escape by using the mountain as a refuge…explain it to them….that it is not a good idea!”>

Twirling his ship through the sky like a Jedi twirling a saber, Marstel was a surgeon with the bulky Mantis. His maneuvers were precise and almost every move resulted in a killing blow to Hamner’s elite Imperial Air Force. Coming around for another pass, they had created a wall of ships in attempt to block his forward movement toward his older Brother. Marstel smiled, he knew he was on the right track. Although he had lost RT’s signal almost immediately after acquiring it, his genetically enhanced mind had photocopied the location. He knew exactly where he wanted to go. The seventh ship exploded and the Wing Commander decided it was time to try a new tactic. Breaking Darth Hamner’s order of radio silence, he keyed his Comm in an attempt to speak to their enemy.

< ”Mantis….this is the Imperial Flight Leader…you have no reason to respond to me so I will be brief…we can keep doing this, you can keep ramming your head against a wall here or you can talk to me…what is it your after?”>

Like so many other Imperial Soldiers this Flight Leader hadn’t really been fully briefed on the situation. His orders were to stop this Mantis at all costs, but that cost was getting too heavy for him. Already seven of his brethren had been killed, men he flew with. Men he cared about and knew. Finally reaching his limit he signaled the rest of his flight to back off as he awaited a response.

Marstel looked down at the internal speaker, he was not a man prone to overt displays of emotion, but the voice coming through the Comm surprised him. The internal sensors began to beep a warning, he was pushing the impulse drives to the limit and they were becoming taxed. There was already a hull breach in the forward cargo bay and smoke trailed from one of the aft stabilizers. His ship was tough, but it couldn’t last forever, not against the numbers he was facing. Hitting the transmission button Marstel reluctantly answered the voice.

“Yea?” The Imperial Flight Leader smirked slightly, at least he had gotten a response.

< ”Mantis…we can’t let you pass this area, you know that and I know that…how about we discuss a compromise…”>

The Flight Leader’s message was met with silence at first as the ships all continued to circle each other just out of range. At first, he believed he would just have to fight to the death beginning to signal his fellow pilots to resume the attack, the radio squelched in response.

“I’m listening.” Marstel’s raspy voice rang through the Comm as the Flight Leader once again smiled.

< ”How about you turn around, go back where you came from and we forget this ever happened…”> Marstel pursed his lips at hearing that, but he didn’t have time for long explanations. Keying the transmit again he was hoping the man on the other end would understand what he was about to tell him.

“I can’t do that. I have family down there and you’re in the way…Now if you want to continue this, we can do that. You can kill me and I can take a lot of you with me before I go…but, I was kinda hoping you would see things my way.” The Imperial Flight Leader glanced at a Holo he had mounted on his forward console, a beautiful woman and two lovely children all smiling back at him. All he wanted at that moment was to be home.

< ”Understood…Good Hunting Mantis…Squadron Commander, out…”> The flight of Interceptors turned and began a slow climb toward the horizon as Marstel watched them go. Turning his ship back on course he pushed the Impulse engines as fast as he could.

Sealing the hatch and sitting back down in the center seat slightly annoyed Hamner looked down at the tactical display. The flight of bombers he’d requested were finally making their way into his zone, he smiled. This time RT was in the open and had nowhere to go. The Air Wing Commander swallowed hard as he looked up from his console, turning to face Darth Hamner.

“Sir…one of our Squadrons just broke off pursuit of the Mantis….it’s back on an intercept course….” Hamner looked at the man stunned, snatching up the headset and putting it on, the Squadron Commander was already relaying information to a forward maintenance controller.

< ”….Roger…our flight is crippled, we are going to need maintenance on stand-by…he used some kind of Electro-shock weapon or something….all of our systems are fried and we are flying blind…”>

Hamner didn’t bother to cut in on the communication looking back at the progress of the slow moving bombers. The Interceptors had done their job, Marstel would never reach RT in time.

Coming into range the bombers Flight Leader was busy identifying targets on his shipboard HUD. The red icon circled each one of the ‘kids’ in a halo as he relayed the information back to Darth Hamner.

< ”This is Squadron 010…troops in the open…say again…troops in open. Targets identified relaying targeting information to your system. All wings, fall in…prepare for bombardment…”>

Looking up RT shielded his eyes to the sun watching the bombers pass slowly, he knew they were identifying targets for another pass, waving his arms wildly he spoke into his HUD “Disperse!!! Get to Cover Quickly!!”

As the first bombs began to drop, RT quickly snatched one of the ‘kids’ close to him covering him with his own body. Plasma exploded all around them as RT hunched down. With the first pass complete, the other bombers in the flight fell in behind the first preparing to drop their own payloads. Marstel rocketed out of the sky behind the second wave, the first wave seeing the ship exit cloud cover as it began to make the turn.

< ”Second Sortee…you have enemy exiting cloud cover!...”>

They never heard it as Marstel opened up with all guns blazing hitting the defenseless bombers in mid-flight. The first wave began a meager defense opening up with their own laser batteries, but were far too slow to mount an effective assault. In the end, the Flight Leader called the rest off. As the bombers turned to leave, RT looked up never before happier to see his Brother’s ship hovering overhead. Amalgom gave a slight sneer.

Setting down as best he could on the flattest area he could find, Marstel exited his ship to wait on RT and the rest of his ‘men’. As RT crested the hill, he removed his helmet so his Brother could see his face, not that Marstel wouldn’t recognize the armor, RT just wanted to show him how happy he was to see him. Giving a slight smirk, the equivalent of a smile for Marstel, he pulled himself off the side of the ship standing upright. The kids all stared in wonder at the giant man. RT grabbed Marstel, hugging him tightly.

“Glad you could make it, bout time you showed up.” Marstel didn’t respond looking around at the kids in amazement, his gaze finally settling on Amalgom. Out of reflex he touched one of his pistols, RT placed a hand on his. “Easy Big Guy…he’s with us…for now.” Amalgom stepped back slightly. “Ok…so what do you know? What’s the plan?” Marstel thumbed behind him at the inside of his ship.

“Got room for all of them. We can go when your ready.” Turning around smiling RT was met with stern looks and stares, he lost the smile.

“What’s wrong guys? We’re getting out of here…my Brother is taking us—“ Bein interrupted him stepping through the crowd.

“Where?!?! He’s taking us where?!?! This is our home….Sir.” It had never dawned on him that the Kids might not actually want to go, he stepped away considering. Amalgom becoming slightly annoyed at the waste of time moved up along side RT.

“Major! What are we waiting for? We need to get out of here! Darth Hamner is still coming this way!” Waving a hand at Amalgom, RT stepped toward the ‘kids’.

“Alright, Bein…what is it you want to do?” Bein looked around at the others, unsure if he should speak for them all or if he even had the right to.

“I…we, want to stay and fight!” Amalgom threw his hands up walking slightly away. He finally turned pointing at them all.

“This is ludicrous! If they want to stay…let them Major! We need to go while there is still a chance to escape!” Marstel glared at Amalgom, he had no opinion either way although he did have another mission to complete for Darth Marr he had no intention of completing it if RT wanted to leave at that moment. He felt guilty for RT being in this position in the first place and was prepared to do whatever his Brother wanted. Glancing between Bein, the kids and Amalgom the choice was easy, RT kneeled down.

“Bein…you need to be sure what you’re asking….” RT pointed at Marstel and the ship, “I’m not going to ask my Brother to stay, I can’t do that to him…you won’t have another chance to leave this planet. And, we have no weapons, no capability to fight off the Armor that’s coming…” Bein looked at all of them defiantly.

“This is our home, Sir…if we leave, we have nothing to go to.....and nothing to come back to. What happens to us then?” Getting up RT walked over to Marstel placing a hand on his shoulder and walking him back toward the ship. Amalgom stood near-by still fuming.

“Marstel, I know you went through hell to get here…and, I’m sorry. I can’t leave them. If they are going to stay I have to as well…” RT extended a hand, a farewell gesture to his Brother. Marstel gave him the knowing smirk.

“Got nowhere to go this second. Every Ground Commander needs an Air Force…” Marstel gave RT a cheesy two fingered salute that sent Amalgom over the edge. Before he could completely explode, RT looked at him sternly.

“Amalgom. You only have two choices here…go back down the mountain side and turn yourself over to my Brother or come with us, you decide…” That statement sobered Amalgom slightly. Although he did not want to stay, he wanted to turn himself over to Darth Hamner even less.

“Major, you already know what I’m going to say…” Clasping his hands, RT looked at them all.

“WE have a ship. Lets decide what we’re going to do with it.”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

The armored column came to a halt, not because the mountainous terrain ahead of them became impassable; which it was, but because Hamner knew Marstel had retrieved RT. Trying to line up his thoughts logically through his madness, he just couldn't figure it out. Marstel was not that intelligent, Karolin received the majority of that trait. Somehow, Marstel had avoided the Imperial Navy, disabled the Gunnery Platforms, defeated his own Imperial Air Corps, managed to stop the bombing run AND rescue RT. He slumped down in the chair to brood, refusing to speak, refusing to give any orders to any of his Commanders. For the moment he just needed a minute to let it all sink in. The world was indeed closing in around him now. Marstel had help, that was the only way he could have accomplished so much in so short a time. And whoever had helped him, they would definitely be calling on Hamner soon enough.

Doing as his Brother asked Marstel lit up his own tactical overlay inside the ship as everyone gathered around. There were holes in the hologram, the Imperial Jamming net was still up and the system could not link with the network to fill in the gaps. What information they did have was a combination of RT's upload and the terrain Marstel's own system documented on the way there. It wasn't much, but it was a start. Marstel frowned, if they were going to stay he had to let RT know about his other mission. The job he promised Darth Marr he would do. As the kids moved off to find seats and look around the ship, Marstel shifted in next to his brother. By his loitering manner RT could tell something was in his mind. Marstel was the kind of guy who would give you a clue, but always wanted to be asked.

"Ok big guy...out with it, you been actin strange since we decided to stay...what gives?" Marstel gave his brother a mock surprised look before he just stopped, no use beating around the bush.

"Uh...I kinda told Darth Marr I would take care of a couple a problems for him...and if we're stayin, we have ta do that first." It was as good a plan as any. RT had initially made the decision that if the kids were staying he was at least going to do his best to find an area with very little going on for them to lay low in. Gazing at the Holo map RT spoke over his shoulder.

"Ok...so what did you agree to Marstel..." Looking at Marstel, RT almost thought he saw his brother go a shade paler before answering.

"Shut down the Jamming Network, deactivate the Gunnery Platforms and....put a tracking device on Hamner." RT suddenly wished they would have left instead.

"Not asking for much, are they? Any idea how we go about doing that, did you get any support from them?" As they spoke Amalgom ascended the ramp catching the last part of thier conversation. Having heard enough to piece it together, Amalgom was still brooding about the prospect if having to stay. While Amalgom leaned on the bulkhead, RT glancing at him quickly continued, "There aren't many ways to go about doing this...either way, it's going to get bloody." Amalgom lowered his head speaking to the floor, he let out an exasperated sigh.

"We can break it up into a couple of different strikes...I can get you to a control station that will shut down the platforms and we can destroy the jamming signal transmitter at another location." Amalgom turned to walk back down the ramp, "As far as The Lord Darth Hamner is concerned...you are both on your own, on that...." Not wanting to give Amalgom the satisfaction, both RT and Marstel hid their excitement at hearing his plan and willingness to help. Even though he was Imperial, Amalgom was still practical. If RT and Marstel died or got captured, so did he. Besides, the point of trying to disagree with them had passed and it never accomplished anything. Looking back at the patchy Holo-map RT hoped Amalgom had a plan to go with the great idea.

Flipping the transponder box over in the crawl space, Porchia made a few adjustments before poking her head out from the maintenance hatch.

"Beta, go look at the ship's registry information on the bridge...tell me what it says." Beta was standing over her looking down curiously.

"I will go look, but this is never going to work. The Imperials have a massive database and galaxy wide access to registry information...if we are discovered lying it will be much worse than if we just told the truth." Porchia flicked her hand at him in a dismissive manner.

"Just go look." Beta shrugged his shoulders speaking as he walked off.

"Alright...alright I'll go, but the Force is telling me otherwise. Maybe you should learn to listen and trust my judgement from time to time..." Moving to the bridge Beta called up the registry information on the Computer, the transponder had indeed changed. Porchia's ship was now called "The Lucky Race", probably a homage to her Pod Racing ability. The ship now hailed out of Drumond Kass and was assigned to a privateer organization known to work closely with the Mandalorians. Beta didn't want to know where she got the registry data at. Frowning he started back toward the center deck. He wasn't really annoyed at his younger cousin. Although they were close, he pitied the fact that she would never know the Force like he did. At every opportunity, he tried to give her some semblance of its power and usefulness in situations like this. What Porchia lacked in Force ability she more than made up for in sheer luck. Beta had never seen a more lucky person in his life. If he was a betting man, he would always put his credits on his cousin. She always seemed to come out on top. For some odd reason all of RT's attempts to shelter his daughter failed. Porchia was street smart and worldly in an unnatural kind of way. She had an old soul and her worldliness seemed to be from a supernatural source. Porchia didn't need the Force, she had her natural abilities. Beta smirked down at his cousin who was still standing in the maintenance port waiting on him to return.

"What?" She looked at him innocently placing her tools back in a hidden compartment. He continued to smile placing a hand on his hip, the other he offered to the diminutive girl.

"The Lucky Race? Seriously? That doesn't sound like the kind of ship that would be in a Mandalorian Pirate organization?" She took the hand as he hoisted her up to the deck. Closing the maintenance hatch she smiled at him.

"Got a friend who owed me a favor...old racing buddy. You have the Force, I have Pod Racing..."

The armored column stopped at the Governor's Residence as Hamner collected himself to step down off the ramp of his Tank. Looking over his shoulder, he checked to make sure the jamming signal and the Gunnery Platforms were still active as he walked toward the exit. It was time for a new strategy and a new plan. RT was off the planet and now he had to focus on how to get out of the mess he had put himself in. Darth Marr would be unforgiving in his punishment. Being locked out of your own planet had to have made him furious and Hamner was not looking forward to facing him. Hamner thought as he strode to the mansions entrance, 'Perhaps I should re-invent myself. Simply vanish...run away.' One of Hamner's headquarters' operations technicians broke his thoughts. The man, out of breath stooped down laboring to breath.

"Darth Hamner!...Thank...the Force! We have...a situation...Sir. Someone is attempting to lower the Jamming Signal and the Platforms simultaneously! They are both under attack!"

Mandalorian and Republic technology did not mix well. The latter not being quite as adaptable and versatile as its Mandalorian counter parts, in almost every respect. So, RT had a little trouble getting his armor's systems to link in and connect with Marstel's shipboard network and server. Standing at the highest point in the ridge side Imperial Signal Compound, RT looked out over the surrounding area with his Macros. His eye on the horizon, he spoke into his HUD hoping the network was truly linked as it indicated on his visor.

"Blue Man and Big-un. This is Hornet...we are engaging the facility. My team almost has it secured. What's your status?" Amalgom was of course, 'Blue Man' and he spoke first in his crisp imperial accent.

< "This is Blue Man, Hornet...Our objective is nearly complete...will advise over..."> Marstel was next to chime in, his deep raspy voice unmistakable.

< "Hornet...Big-un. Still enroute to my Objective. Going silent in 5 Mikes."> RT frowned, his brother had the most dangerous job of all, but RT had no choice but to make Marstel do it. It would have been too much of a risk to allow Amalgom back into Hamner's Headquarters. Swallowing nervously, RT gave Marstel a silent prayer in the Force before replying.

"Good luck little brother...break squelch if you need support, we will figure something out."

In his ship Marstel smirked at his brother's nervous sounding voice and his words. Marstel had the only ship among them, there was no way RT would be able to help even if he wanted to. Marstel smiled slightly, RT just had to hear himself say it, even though he didn't say the words. This could very easily turn into a one way trip if Marstel was not careful. Last time they saw each other, Marstel had the upper hand against Hamner and that wouldn't be the case this time. Last time Hamner carried an 'ass whooping', Marstel was sure his brother would be ready for him this time.

Leaving his ship on the outskirts of the Capital, Marstel hotwired an Imperial speeder and set off for Imperial Headquarters. With all of the commotion RT and the others were causing, thats where Hamner would be. Making it through two Imperial checkpoints just based on the way he looked, Marstel didn't get stopped until he reached the third blockade right outside the Government Block of the city. The Black and Red armored troopers quickly surrounded his speeder as he slowly lifted a leg across dismounting.

"Hold it right there Bounty Hunter...the Government Sector is Military access only. You will either have to turn around and go back the way you came or show us your authorization." The Imperial Sergeant was a large fellow, but not quite as large as Marstel. Looking like he was giving a speech to a crowd of toddlers, Marstel towered over them all looking around calculating assault strategies and who he would be taking out first. His T-visor settled on the large Sergeant. Placing his hands on his hips he glared at him.

"Who do ya think I'm workin for?" Pure sarcasm dripped from his words as Marstel stood his ground. The Soldiers seemed on edge, fingering their triggers of their blaster rifles. Looking down at his data pad, the Sergeant was not intimidated by Marstel's size.

"Still...I have orders...Military access only. Darth Hamner has ordered all civilian traffic kept out until further notice." The Sergeant looked past him at the Imperial speeder. "Loaner? You don't have one of your own?" This was getting bad, Marstel finally shifted slightly putting his back to the speeder so he could face them all. He dropped his hands to look less intimidating, leaning back on the speeder and crossing his arms.

"Yea. My employer loaned it to me. Mine was stolen." The Sergeant gave him a sarcastic head nod. Bringing his rifle up quickly, he pointed it in the center of his chest. Too close, a mistake...Marstel didn't flinch, looking like he was about to fall asleep.

"Yea right. Hands up! Search him men!" The other Soldiers took Marstel's current relaxed poise as an excuse for themselves to not take him seriously, only half-way bringing their rifles up. The Sergeant was still the greatest threat, he would have to go first. Pushing himself off the speeder bike slowly Marstel started to bring his arms up to appear to stretch them for searching purposes. All of the Imperials were watching his upper body as he swiftly brought up a knee kicking the underside of the Sergeant's hands holding the rifle. By the time the first blaster bolt was headed his direction, Marstel had disarmed the Sergeant, grabbed the lip on the underside of the Sergeant's helmet spinning around behind him as he broke the man's neck. The bolts hit into the Sergeant's lifeless body as Marstel pushed the carcass toward the Soldiers drawing his own blasters. With the body headed their way, they had to scramble to the sides to get a clear shot Marstel was already on a knee unloading both power cells in his blasters in the troops directions. He spun the guns in his hands as he quickly re-holstered them, the final Soldier lifelessly falling at his feet as he stood to his full height. Looking around, it wouldn't be long before someone realized this group wasn't checking in. Hopping back on the speeder, Marstel took off toward the headquarters.

The tactical map blinked red all over the two areas under attack as voices talked loudly, giving orders, planning strategy and generally adding to the discord in the room. Hamner stood at the center, fuming, unmoving. The anger at having been defeated at every turn consuming him. Putting some of his Dark Power behind his voice he let out a low guttural scream crescendoing into a howl at the end.

"Quuuuuiettttt!!!" Everyone froze looking at him. "I will have order in here. This is the Imperial Army, not some rag-tag force of halfwit Nerf Herders!" Turning to one of the technician he lowered his voice. "Do we have satellite imagery of both locations?" Without waiting for the order to bring up the image, the technician immediately sent the picture to the Holo-screen in the center of the room. Staring at disbelief at the two images, Hamner once again fumed. Gritting his teeth Hamner slammed his fist down on the console.

"Bring the Gunnery Platforms in that sector online, put them on manual control and disintegrate both target areas!" The Commander in charge of the platforms stepped angrily forward.

"My Lord....I must protest! This has gone too far! If you destroy the facility housing the transmitter and controlling the gunnery platforms, we will be defenseless against a Republic Armada lurking at our doorstep." Hamner looked down at the image again, RT and his 'kids' busy ransacking the transmitter facility as Amalgom led the force against the gunnery control facility. A slow wicked smile formed on his lips as he slowly looked up, the room completely silent.

"Are you refusing to obey my orders, Commander?" The Commander swallowed hard, his throat showing the lump as it bobbed downward.

"Yes Sir...I guess I a--" Hamner lifted his fist quickly, clenching it in time with the Commander grasping his throat and levitating off the ground. Without a word, Hamner flung his arm behind him, sending the Commander hurling through the air to crash against a Duracrete wall on the far side of the chamber. The sickening pop of shattered bones and body hit and slid down the side silently, Hamner never taking his eyes off the images.

"Anyone else?"

< "Lucky Race...this is the ISS Devastator, you are on course for Bilringhi....you are to power down your engines and prepare to be boarded....I say again...Lucky Race..."> Porchia scowled at the speaker flicking a hand at Beta in the co-pilots seat.

"Cut that off! We are going to slow down and look like we are going to do it....watch the Tractor emitters, once we are past tell me..." Beta nodded affirmative as he set the sensors in the center console to track the Tractor Beam emitters. Porchia slowed down, sweat starting to bead on her forehead.

"Not yet...almost, almost....ok we are past them!" Porchia gunned the engines on the small XS Freighter rocketing past the large capital ship in short order. She immediately put the ship in a wild spin, turning back to face the ship, flying toward the top portion and on a collision course with the bridge. Beta's eyes got wide. "Your going back?!?! Why are you going back!?!?" Porchia didn't answer continuing to close in the bridge, the XS still spinning just not as fast as before. "Are you crazy Porchia?!?? Your going to get us killed?!?!" At the last second she veered off and upward flying into space away from the Devastator and into space. It wasn't until she was out of range tearing toward Bilringhi that she hazarded a look at Beta.

"The Tractor Beam has to track us to lock onto us...by flying on top and toward the ship, I confused the sensors. By the time the top emitters had us locked, I was already on my way out of range...." She glanced up at the quickly approaching planet, "Now if your going to sit in that seat, you're going to help. Start looking for a weakness In the sky-grid. We need to find a hole to punch through that's not covered by Gunnery Platforms."

Beta glanced at the screen frowning at first, the planet was well covered. Then we pointed out of the forward viewport, "There! That platform is moving! It's leaving its position, there! That's your hole!" Porchia purposely pitched the ship sideways into a spin just to get her cousin sick as she maneuvered the ship through the opening. Looking at the sensors she punched some call-back buttons.

"C'mon Dad! Where are you?"

Rounding up the last of the prisoners, RT looked at the silent Red and Black clad Imperial Troopers walking slowly past them looking them over. Bein stuck his head out of the facility doorway gesturing wildly at him.

"Sir! Amalgom just got the transmitter down! We are having a problem getting the platforms to accept our commands...but, there is something else you need to see..." Perking an eyebrow RT gestured for the other kids to watch the prisoners carefully, striding to the door and entering. In the center of the room sat an enormous Holo-comm unit. RT's mouth began to water as he thought over the possibilities. Pointing Bein back toward the Gunnery controls, RT flexed his fingers.

"Bein, you and the others get busy on those controls again...I have a message to send..."

Slowly Dremmess emerged from the underground facility, the flood of emotions running through her. She watched her best friend die, then miraculously come back. But, it wasn't by her hand. Ignoring the warnings she'd been given by her Sister-in-law, Karolin; Dremmess did the one and only thing she could think of at the moment of Annabella'trix untimely demise, she called on the Dark Side of the Force. Hungrily, greedily it answered her call as it came to her aid, the promise of restoring life to the petite frail body that lay on her knees. Just as greedily, Dremmess forgot the lesson she had been given, the lesson about the terrible cost it demanded. Karolin fell, asking the same favor from the darkness. Looking up at the sky, the light suddenly blinding her, she wondered how that momentarily lapse would demand payment later on. The Holo-comm buzzed at her side, quickly forgetting her bad judgement she eagerly activated it peering into the still forming image. This time, there was no interference as RT image rezzed into existence crystal clear. He frowned, shocked at his wife's haggard appearance.

"Bad time Baby? I can Comm back later..." Dremmess physically shook the device as she spoke.

"Don't you dare RT...Oh I am so glad to see you, I need you so bad right now..." Again RT's face frowned, Drem's pleading voice making him miss her even more.

"How I wish that were possible....what's wrong baby, you look 'different' has something happened?!?!" Dremmess forced a smile to her face as she hid all of the days events.

"No...everything's fine..." Her voice got stern, "When are you coming home? I need you to come home RT! Marstel should be there by now..." Shifting slightly, RT repositioned his face in the image bringing it closer to her and speaking low.

"I'm not coming home Baby...I have something here I have to take care of, something important....something I gave my word on." Dremmess' anger immediately rose to the surprise of everyone around her.

"OH NO YOU DON'T! You gave your word to me...your promise to me! RT! You get you're ass on Marstel's ship and you bring your ass home to me...now!" Her lip quivered at the sudden outburst that seemed to come from nowhere. RT had never had his wife speak to him that way, at least not since before her battles with the Dark Side. But she was a different person then. She glared at his image, cold fury seizing her heart. Speaking as deliberately and as plainly as he could, he tried to calm her down.

"I have to do this Drem...I have to stay...these boys need me..." Twisting in anger Drem squeezed the Holo-comm tightly in her hand.

"They need? WHAT ABOUT WHAT I NEED RT...." She collapsed to her knees sobbing, "I-I can't...I can't do this RT....I can't make it...anymore...I need you...here...now....yes, something has happened..." Looking up quickly, her tears seeming to dry themselves, cold fury overtook her again, "....And you listen to me Kriffer! If you don't get on that ship...if I don't see you...in the next 48 hours....when I do see you....I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR KRIFFIN HEART OUT....UNDERSTAND!?!?" Dropping the Holo-comm on the mud covered ground Dremmess raised a boot smashing it as she stepped past Master Othone and the others, walking on alone. It was then that the little voice spoke up 'Good, you showed him...make sure you kill him when you see him...' She stopped cold in her tracks, her head twisting this way and that. It hit her, the Dark Side had just come to collect, answering her previous question.

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

After Dremmess abruptly terminated the Holo-comm, RT looked around to see if anyone else saw the transmission, all of the kids were casting sidelong glances at him as they worked. Walking over to the console next to them RT smirked, Drem had really laid into him. There was something definitely going on with her, but if she had known children were present she would have held her tongue. Or would she? RT hadn't seen that crazed look in her eye since...well he didn't want to think about it. Looking at the planetary tracking monitor he noticed one of the Platforms was moving out of position and its firing arc was....he grabbed Bein's shirt front. "You didn't see that?!?! Get them out!!! All of them, NOW!!!"

The sensors chimed green as a green blip appeared on the screen. Porchia looked down smiling, "We got him, Beta...increase range, I'm altering course." Fiddling with the buttons, Beta turned a shade paler green as he looked over a Porchia.

"Now I know why that Gunnery Platform was moving out of position...it's preparing to fire." She glanced at him as she deftly maneuvered her ship into an intercept course with her Dad's position, "It's targeting its own control station....the station RT is at..." Porchia gunned her ship to full throttle clipping the tops of the trees off.

Marstel hid the speeder bike in the rear of the Governor's Mansion near the maintenance entrance approaching a large electronic vaulted door. Ordinarily he would have let Kat slice it or used one of his electronic code breakers on it, but he was pressed for time. Aiming his gauntlet at the combination he shot an electrical charge from the wrist dart launcher, stepping back. It sparked and smoked finally giving way as the door clicked open. Subtlety was not an option, he just hoped he didn't set off 1000 alarms in trying to get inside. The hallway was dark as Marstel drew both pistols leaning against a wall, his arms held up to his side. Sound amplifying technology in the Mandalorian helmet told him there was no one in this section. For the moment it appeared everyone thought they were well inside the safe zone. Ducking down Marstel crossed another hallway threshold and smiled. 'Perfect'

Looking up suddenly, Hamner felt his Brother Marstel's presence. This time was going to be different. Clapping his hands together to get all of his assembled Officers attention he exclaimed, "All right...Clear the room! Everybody out!" They all exchanged surprised glances as everyone moved to the door. They were in the middle of a crisis and Darth Hamner was excusing them. Hamner couldn't risk having his secret revealed and Marstel was just the one to do it. If he showed up while they were in the middle of managing the attacks, Marstel might very well tell his Soldiers that the Republic threat was a lie. Then Hamner would have a whole new set of problems to deal with. Uncloaking Sicness moved from the shadows, although slightly injured, he was still formidable. He stared at his Dark Master awaiting a command.

"Go. Seek him out...if you are unable to slay him, delay him...at least long enough for me to get in position..." Nodding solemnly Sicness disappeared back into the shadows, his cloak firmly back into place.

Moving from room to room in the shadows Marstel did not pay attention to the stealth detection icon which blinked only briefly as Sicness came into range. His cloak almost perfect. Rounding the corner, his pistols still held up, elbows bent he finally thrust them out in front of him as he peered into the darkened Grand Foyer. His head turned slightly as he heard the tiny metallic click; Sicness uncloaking and placing the emitter end of his double bladed saber against his armored back plate. Without a word of warning or in gloating, Sicness activated the saber causing Marstel to stumble forward slightly, the blade bouncing off the reflective Cortosis material of the armored plate. A normal sized man would have been pushed flat on their face, but for Marstel the force of the blade bouncing off his armor was akin to a rubber ball hitting a wall. Sicness was not so lucky, his slight frame being launched backwards down the hall where he slammed hard into the back structure support. It didn't help that shortly before activating the saber, he infused it with Dark Power. As Sicness slid down unconscious to the floor Marstel turned his attention back to the foyer as Hamner launched himself into the air, his saber over his head to deliver a crushing downward smash. Marstel caught him in the air, grabbing him by a hip and his chest armor; dropping his own pistol, slamming him down onto the marble floor. Now with only one pistol Marstel began to track Hamner as he quickly got up deflecting the shots moving slowly toward his brother. Bringing up the Pistol less hand Marstel twisted his wrist spraying a one second incendiary before the igniter turned it into flame. Moving slightly to the side as Marstel began to swing his arm toward him the flame arcing that direction, Hamner spun in a circle dropping his saber and arcing it upward to strike the flamethrower on his brother's wrist. Marstel's armor was lightsaber proof, but the flamethrower wasn't as it exploded from the impact of Hamner's blade disintegrating Marstel's hand and wrist in the explosion. Grabbing the stump of his now missing hand Marstel bent slightly and fell to his knees as Hamner flicked the blade back toward his Brother resting it in between the helmet and chest piece of Marstel's armor. The neck joining piece being non-Cortosis material. Looking at his sneering brother Marstel's chest heaved.

"Kill me. I would kill you." Hamner continued the sneer leaning into his brother not moving the blade, it sparked against the armor.

"Kill you? If your dead...you can't be bait..."

RT had the kids all moving out of the Control Station and up the hillside. Looking at his Chrono and glancing skyward he knew he didn't have enough distance from the facility, some of them were going to die. Porchia rocketed the freighter out of cloud cover in time to see the line of people moving out of the facility. Beta pointed through the forward port.

"There Porchia! Set down in that courtyard!" RT had to shield his eyes, elated to see his daughter's ship, but becoming angry just as fast thinking, 'I am going to tan her hide! What the hell is she doing out here!' As the ship made a quick landing cycle RT and the kids were already near the ramp door as Porchia ran quickly down moving her arm in a circular motion.

"C'mon! C'mon! Get onboard!" RT stopped at the ramp glaring at her under his helmet. She shook her head, "Yell at me later Dad...right now we have to get onboard!" As she closed the ramp running back to the bridge to do a quick take-off sequence. RT and the kids settled in. A blinding white flash signaled the end of the facility as Porchia put her ship back in the stratosphere. As he entered the bridge area, RT stopped cold seeing Beta.

"I guess I have you to blame for this?" Beta looked behind him losing the smile.

"It was her idea too Uncle RT...actually we both had kind if a premonition that you would need us. Aunt Drem....she called out in the Force and--" RT bit his tongue for the moment raising his hand to calm his nervous nephew, he was actually really glad to see them. Had it not been for Porchia's timely arrival all of them would have been cooked by the laser. RT bent low looking out through the forward window over Porchia's shoulder. Looking down at her Comm unit he immediately started trying to contact Marstel. His Brother was long overdue. Porchia glanced over her shoulder as she flew, at her father.

"Dad...those are kids...you have a bunch of kids fighting a war?" Shaking his head RT stood up.

"Now you see why I couldn't just leave when your Uncle showed up?" Porchia pursed her lips nodding at him. "Marstel is really late. He should have contacted us by now. Something has happened." Worried for his Brother RT's mind began to race. He now had another ship at his disposal, but also another team to pick up in Amalgom and his other set of 'kids'. Slapping Beta on the shoulder he gestured at him. "Come on. Need you to help me rig something. You ever rappel out of a moving starship?"

Still holding his stump, Marstel walked slowly toward the tactical display as Hamner led him by lightsaber. Sitting down Hamner deactivated it moving toward the operations control panel, he spread his arms wide.

"See...I have you. RT will come for you, then my victory will be complete." Hamner spun around flipping several switches which turned the tactical display red. Marstel watched him closely following him as he moved.

"What victory? The grid is down. I talked to Darth Marr, you're history..." Hamner smiled wickedly as he turned around to face him.

"That may be the case. I will have to leave this planet, go into hiding....most likely re-invent myself. But...not before I kill the both of you." Hamner gestured at the tactical display. "I just initiated the final protocol. In the event that the Planet is over run, my troops have orders to fall back, fight to the death and if necessary suicide themselves in defense of the Headquarters. If RT even makes it this far...he will be much worse for wear..." Hamner started to turn, but quickly looked back at his injured Brother, "Oh...and that includes the Orbital Gunnery Platforms....with the grid down and the headquarters transmitting the final protocol, they will start an auto-fire sequence....not stopping until everything on this planet is wiped out. So you see...I win either way."

Avoiding the turbolaser fire was becoming more difficult as Porchia watched her range finder. Her ship was approaching the Imperial Headquarters and the air corridor was closing in tighter. She used the internal comm to message her father.

"Dad! It's getting tight out there. We are only gonna have one shot at this so you and Beta be ready when I turn on the Cargo Light." RT thumbed the comm system, Beta was busy kneeling in front of him checking his safety harness with rest of the rappel rig.

"Got it Honey...You just get us as close as you can...Beta and me will do the rest...As soon as you drop us, you get back over to the Transmitter Relay and pick up Amalgom and the rest of the boys...Get back here quick, we are most likely gonna be ready to leave." Porchia's face was wet from perspiration and now a tear fell out of her eye, she keyed the comm again, her voice cracking.

"Dad...I'm not going to say it..." Beta stood up waving his Uncle off and keying the comm himself.

"I got this Porchia WE will be careful..." That got a slight chuckle from Porchia, having Beta answer for her Dad. No matter how many times Porchia had seen her Dad leave, it never got any easier. A week ago she was thinking these days were behind them and now she was about to drop her Dad into hell. But it was necessary, she knew if she didn't take him he would just find a way to go after Marstel anyway. A Brothers love is a Brothers love...

This time she set the comm to hands free as she flipped on the cargo light, its red glow illuminating the cargo bay. RT looked at Beta, he wasn't wearing a harness, but he remembered the assault on the facility on Tython and remembered all of the Jedi jumping off the ramp of his ship into the air and using the Force to lower themselves down. RT had seen Drem do it too and that time Karolin's ship was almost still moving, but it had to come to a slow stop to drop her off. A second of doubt creeped into his mind looking over at Beta. RT clasped his shoulder trying to act jovial.

"We are about to make history Nephew, low altitude drop from a fast moving starship...that's got to make the record books..." Beta could see through his Uncle's false veneer smiling back at him weakly.

"Yea...I know it will be epic. I'm not so worried about me...but you, with all the gear on....Just stay close to me Uncle RT, I will get us down..." Porchia's voice echoed through the cargo hold.

"One minute to drop! You two get ready...." RT thought to give Beta some false bravado as he laid down next to him placing his feet on the inside lip of the bottom cargo hatch, his arms stretched out over his head grasping the other side of the lip.

"I will have you know 'youngster' I have been 'ship-casting' out of starships since before you were born..." Beta smiled over at his uncle his body stretched out in a similar fashion.

"Traveling at full impulse?" They smiled at each other a second before the cargo light turned green, the hatch opening. They couldn't hear Porchia scream through the comm 'GO!' The rush of the air blocking out all sound as they dropped through into the void. The silence was deafening as the wind rushed around them both, the ground quickly approaching. Beta pronated himself out flat, his arms and legs stretched out to slow his decent. RT twisted wildly on his line spinning out of control for a second as he positioned his body exactly opposite of his nephew. Arms and legs locked tightly to his sides, he waited for the line to pull tight before extending an arm and a leg, activating a rocket booster to slow the spin and stop himself. Falling like a rocket, the line pulled tight jerking him up slightly as he hit the release using the rockets to slow his fall and landing in a kneeling position. Pistol already in hand he looked up as his nephew drifted gently down beside him. RT smiled up at him from under his helmet.

"My drop was a lot more fun."

Moving his hand in RT's left direction he quickly pointed to his own right signaling that he was going around to the back of the Headquarters while RT should go in the front. Nodding a quick affirmative RT headed off that way leaving Beta alone facing the building. Moving around the same corner his Uncle Marstel had moved hours before, Beta came up to the same vaulted door, only this time the door opened outward as he reached for the charred locking mechanism. Sicness and Beta locked eyes for an entire second before either of them ignited their Lightsabers. Beta taking a step back from the grotesque black clothed Sith Lord. Sicness had come to the door after being knocked unconscious to just get a breath outdoors, running into Beta as he exited. Beta recognized the dark form as that of Lord Sicness, his Uncle Hamner's right hand man. They squared off, both starting to circle each other, looking for an opening. Beta lifted one of his sabers pointing the tip at the Dark Lord.

"Sicness...we don't have to do this. You and I both know my Uncle has gone off the deep end...you owe Hamner nothing..." Beta misjudged how deep Sicness' loyalty ran, but got his answer in the form of a double-sided saber spinning in his direction followed by a leg sweep and an overhead slash. The attack was so swift, Beta had to switch from offensive to defensive stance in an instant, not something he was used to doing. After blocking the attack Beta put some distance between himself and Sicness by leaping backwards into a flip and landing, both sabers at the ready. Without a word and without giving Sicness a chance to react to the distance between them, Beta leapt in the air forward turning himself and his Lightsabers Into a deadly spinning fan, Sicness held his double blade in both hands to deflect the onslaught, which was Beta's plan. He couldn't give Lord Sicness the opportunity to bring a hand around and shoot him with Force Lightning, a common tactic for Sith Assassins especially when backed in a corner. Either way the battle was on, neither one backing down.

Running at a dead sprint RT tackled the first door guard using his body for cover as he leaned up from the squat to shoot the other two before they could draw their weapons or raise an alarm. Luckily personnel were limited this close to the headquarters, Imperial leadership believing they were safe this far from the front, or at least that's what RT thought. Opening the outer foyer door the Imperial Computer voice echoed through the hall...

< "Final Solution Firing Sequence Initiated...3 minutes to fire...all personnel please evacuate planet side facilities....">

The inner doors swung open as RT barely ducked the crimson lightsaber hurled at him from the inner sanctum. Hamner stalked close behind jutting his hand out to grasp the ducking RT in a Force Choke dragging him toward the sanctum and tossing him down next to Marstel. Flexing his wrist Hamner pulled the blasters and rifle off of RT before he could reach for them. Not that he would have reached, he was still recovering from being choked. RT played his recovery a little long as Hamner approached bringing his backhand up to strike his brother, the hand oozed dark red energy from a blow that would surely incapacitate him. Raising his head and arms as one RT tackled his brother around the waist knocking him to the ground. With his free hand he slapped the vocabulator off his face to see the teeth gritting sneer focused on him. Going for the face punch from sitting on top of Hamner, RT brought his fist down and struck duracrete as Hamner angled out of the way. Hamner's knee hit RT's back knocking him off the top as Hamner spun around to a low crouch, he spoke for the first time since attacking his brother.

"After I kill you...I'm going to kill him...or maybe I just leave him here...to die with the rest of this stinking planet!!!" Marstel watched impassively still holding the stump of his shattered arm, RT glanced at him then at Hamner.

"Fine. Kill me Hamner, kill Marstel...kill every damn one of us!!! And you know what? I'll see you in hell...once your Empire comes waltzing in here, your ass will be joinin me..." Hamner let out a blood-curdling scream as the truth hit home. He charged RT for the final time...

Managing to get a hand free, Sicness launched his first barrage of Force Lightning at Beta who smiled surprised that the Dark Lord had waited that long. The joke was on Sicness as Beta brought up his main saber hand catching the lightning in the blade and absorbing it in the Force. Unseen to Sicness, Beta was turning the tip of his main saber in small circles as he did so. Predictably, in anger Sicness deactivated his own lightsaber dropping it to put up a second hand launching the lightning out of both sets of fingers. Beta smiled brightly bringing the other saber up to cross his main hand saber in a cross pattern, the small circles becoming larger with the increase of lightning. Sicness sneered leaning into his assault as Beta made two more large circular motions with the saber speaking through clenched teeth.

"Let me show you something my Mother taught me..." Initiating a 360 degree spin, Beta lowered both sabers pulling the Force Lightning which was now firmly entangled in his saber behind him and as he came around quickly launched the lightning off the blade back toward its attacker. Sicness never saw the attack coming. He was used to Jedi using their blade or their hands to absorb the attack in the Force, but never wrapped up in a blade and slung back at him. Trying to leap away, Sicness was caught in the massive wad of lightning which fried him unconscious again, but just as quickly passed by and dissipated against a back wall. Sniffing the air Beta smelled something burning and quickly patted out the flames on his own tunic looking down at a smoking Sicness.

"Helps to have a lightning launching Mother...you better have that sun burn looked at when you wake up....Kolto cream, works wonders." Beta felt the pull in the Force and launched himself the other direction toward the main doors.

Struggling under Hamner's death grip RT held each of Hamner's arms in each of his hands trying to pry him off. It was Hamner's turn to be on top of his brother having launched himself from across the room right to RT's throat. Finally gathering enough strength, Marstel stood up clasping his remaining hand on Hamner's back only to be put to his knees by a slight nod of the head, Marstel grasping at his own throat. The Dark Side was ebbing out of every pore in Hamner as Beta kicked open the door, squinting. Hamner looked up in time to see Beta already reaching back at an invisible push launching both hands forward...

"NO!!!" Hamner exclaimed as he was thrown into the darkest recesses of the large main room. Grabbing their necks and rising slowly RT used Beta for support as he offered his other hand to his brother Marstel's only hand that was left intact, helping the big man up. Beta raised an eyebrow about ask if it was over as the Imperial Computer chimed throughout the facility...

< "10 Seconds until Platform Firing Sequence...you now have 0 minutes left to reach a minimum safe distance..."> All three of them looked at each other jumping for the console, RT slammed his fist down.

"Hamner locked us out!" Marstel grasped RT's shoulder squeezing.

"Was a nice gesture brother...thanks for comin back for me." RT looked at them both, his only thought that at least they would finally take Hamner with them....

< "Firing Sequence Initiated...Planetary Sanitation Protocol Initiated.">

Out of habit RT put his hands up over the sides of his helmet as if to block out the sound from a huge explosion, his eyes were closed and after a moment he cracked one to see Beta and Marstel doing the same thing he was. Beta cracked a smirk.

"If this was some kinda gag, I am really not laughing this time" Marstel nodded at Beta as he spoke, lowering his one good hand.

"No...something's happened. Either way we need to get outt--" Darth Marr strode into the room as 30 or more Imperial Commandos fanned out behind him clearing the corners, several stopping over Darth Marr's shoulder, blasters pointed at the three of them. Not that Marr needed it. His voice was almost joyful under his mask.

"Good. You saved me the trouble of having to find you. Major RT-946 Alpha, I don't believe we have had the pleasure." Darth Marr did not extend his hand with the platitude merely keeping his hands in his hips. Beta knew exactly who he was and so did RT, only RT wasn't going to give him that pleasure.

"I'm sorry? And you are? All you dark lords look the same to me..," Beta stifled a laugh at his Uncle as Marr tightened his fists along his own belt line.

"Your attempts to infuriate me through insult will not work Major, I know you already know who I am as well as the others..." Marr cast his gaze to Marstel and Beta before returning to RT, "You have had quite an adventure on my planet...adventurous and costly. That ends now..." Marr signaled the Officer standing behind the Commandos. "Take them into custody...all of them. Have them transported to the Devastator." Although injured Marstel stood to his full height finally looking Marr in the eye.

"That wasn't the agreement." Beta's jaw dropped at the sudden revelation that his uncle had made a deal with The Lord of the Dark Lords, RT waved him off signaling him to keep quiet.

"Your right Bounty Hunter...it wasn't, but your conversation with me, intrigued me. The more I investigated the more I came to realize that Darth Hamner was on to something...the secrets of Project Alpha must belong to the Empire. You and Major Alpha are two keys. Hamner is the third...all that is left is to lure your sister out of hiding and I will have them all." He took a hand off his belt waving behind him as the Commandos circled placing binders around all of their wrists, Marstel they merely shackled his one hand to his belt. "Don't worry. You will all be treated well in the Empire...provided you cooperate." The blast came out of nowhere behind Marr causing him to lurch forward slightly. Blaster fire following in waves as RT, Marstel and Beta ducked behind the console. The resistance had arrived as Soldiers poured into the courtyard eliminating the small force Marr had brought with him. One by one the responding Commandos fell to the fire until only Darth Marr was left. Marr activated his blade stepping to the doorway as 20 or so Resistance fighters forced him back, in the lead was a petite purple haired girl, both of her blasters trained on Marr's center mass.

"You make a deal...you stick to it. At least that's what my Dad taught me!" Alone, Marr closed down his blade placing his hands back on his hips.

"Girl...you have accomplished nothing by coming here! You will never leave this system alive...none of you will!" Marr's anger echoed through the room as RT and the others stood up. Porchia motioned behind her as Amalgom and several resistance leaders climbed the stairs into the room.

"Oh I don't think your going to do that...my Lord. See these men...they represent the resistance your fighting on this planet. You have a war to wage and I'm willing to bet your objective here is much more important than keeping any of us. You can go...as long as you leave and do not try to hinder our escape. And to ensure this...they are going to keep you here till we are long gone." Porchia flipped the safeties off her pistols as they whined loudly switching to fire mode. "Your choice." Marr stood completely still not agreeing to anything. "I will take your silence as a 'yes' then..." Porchia inclined her head toward the door. "Lets go Dad..." As they all walked slowly past Marr who's hatred rolled off in waves, Amalgom stopped at the top of the stairs. RT motioned for him to come with them.

"No Major...I cannot. You have your war and I have mine, but thank you. Thanks to you I no longer have to serve under your crazed brother, but the Republic is not the place for me. I believe in the Empire and I believe in Darth Marr. Good Luck Major...may our paths never cross again." And with that Amalgom set his rifle down stepping back inside to join his Dark Lord. There was no time to talk Amalgom out of it and even if there was, RT wasn't sure if he wanted to. A billion questions ran through his mind as he looked at Porchia, all of them walking slowly to board her ship. She saw her father looking at her and smiled coyly at him.

"Don't ask Dad...just...don't ask."

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

'...And his Judgement Cometh...and that, Right Soon...'

-Revelations

Epilogue--

Moving the thrusters to full Hamner moved out of Bilringhi space headed for parts unknown. It was time to reinvent himself, come up with a new plan. Darth Marr was now after him as well as the rest of the Empire. The Holo-comm on his hip buzzed as he leaned over taking it off his belt and handing it to Sicness.

"Tell whomever it is, I'm not interested in speaking with anyone."

The image rezzed into existence of a familiar face, one he happened to be fond of. Kat's image smiled coyly.

"Ask your Master if he is willing to meet me on Nar Shaddaa, I need to ask him about something..."

Marstel sat on the table in a back alley hospital in the Red Light district on Nar Shaddaa flexing his new cybernetic hand. The black market doctor hovered nearby admiring his handiwork.

"Now Marstel...I still have some great deals on cybernetic enhancements. You should get some implants...since your here." Marstel tossed the doctor a small bag of credits as he hopped of the operating table.

"This will do." Frowning the doctor caught the bag giving Marstel a slight two fingered salute. The hand was a necessary replacement, but nothing could replace the confusion Marstel held for his situation. Kat was still being elusive and he hasn't seen her yet. Moving up the ramp, Marstel moved to shuttle headed for the hangars. It was time to get some answers, Kat had something going down and he needed to find out what it was.

Flying back to Carrack Station Porchia and RT had some quality time to spend together. They said goodbye to Marstel on Bilringhi and dropped Beta back off on Tython. The million questions RT had Porchia answered; she had arrived at the Transmitter Station and Amalgom had already begun a shaky dialog with Resistance leaders who saw something going on in their own tactical scanners and decided to seize opportunity. Porchia became the mediator allowing Amalgom to say his piece, but also making it clear that her objective was to get her family off Bilringhi. After explaining who the 'kids' were who were with her and introducing Bein and the others; Porchia went on to explain it was her Father who had crash landed and it was her Father who led the rebellion in that sector. After some tense moments, the rebellion agreed it wouldn't end even if they destroyed the current Imperial occupation force and that no matter what happened they would do what was necessary to allow RT and the others to leave. Porchia knew the her Father wouldn't leave willingly without knowing his 'kids' were taken care of. The last thing Porchia did was broker the deal to have RT's 'shadows' folded into the rest of the resistance. They were well trained after all, her Father was good at that sort of thing. RT tilted his head slightly smiling over at his very grown up, very adult daughter.

"I am very proud of you Porchia. If it hasn't been for you and Beta, we would never have made it off Bilringhi." She smiled shyly over at him as she started the landing cycle coming into Carrack.

"Don't mention it Dad...besides I owe you. If it hasn't been for you I wouldn't have this ship or got started in Pod Racing..." He frowned as she mentioned the racing, he wasn't sure if he approved of that still. As she sat her freighter down in the landing bay her smile grew brighter, motioning to the view outside the forward view port. "Which brings me to my next little payment I owe you..." RT looked out into the hangar bay at the like new Thunderbolt that was parked next to them. He turned back quickly his look of surprise and love at his daughter. Reaching over she hugged her Father.

"Welcome home, Dad..." She tossed him the datapad for the locking mechanism of the boarding ramp.

Meditating back in his small living space on Tython, Beta was reliving and reviewing the events on Bilringhi. His mind moved over the various encounters looking at the hidden nuances of the Force. He felt the Darkness in Sicness and the Darkness in his Uncle Hamner. The warmth and glow of his family as they all held together. The cold prickly sensation of the Dark Side began to creep in on him, but it wasn't an offer of power it tempted him with...but of a vision. Taking a controlled breath he locked the dark vision inside his own light power allowing it to show him what it would....

< ....Uniform face to face with one if his own kind...the hand offered in friendship from the Dark Master, "We are the same Padawan Uniform...or should I say 'Project...Uniform'...I am the first. Come with me, let us bring balance to both the Light and the Dark...we will eliminate the need for Dark and Light and Unite the Force!" Uniform reached over...grasping the hand, Beta heard a woman's scream....

....Bodies scattered around and littered the once grand entrance to the Beacon's Compound....the Dark Master walked past them, oblivious to the smoke and fire he created...

....much like Malgus entered the Jedi Temple shortly before the Sith destroyed it, the Dark Master opened the dark doorway to the circular cavernous room that was the Dark Council chamber, removing his hood, Beta didn't recognize the face, but he felt the man's intent..."....All of you...Sith and Jedi alike WILL make peace, this destructive conflict ends...NOW!" All of the Darth's on the Dark Council combined their power discharging powerful Force Lightning at the Dark Master simultaneously....he stood ramrod straight, his eyes closed as the Lightning arced around an invisible shield. Seeing they were getting nowhere the assembled Darth's stopped as the Dark Master raised a hand to them lowering it slowly, his palm facing down. "Now...kneel..." The Dark Council was pulled helplessly to their knees despite resistance and they kneeled....

.....a large silver cylindrical shaped vessel entered the system adjacent to the mining colony. It's main weapon fired...the adjacent Planet disintegrated, the Force cried out to Beta as the surface burned and the inhabitants died....

....Beta saw the smiling face of his Mother, "...My Son...of most things...it is you I will miss most of all..." Brilliant white light finished his vision as Karolin joined with the Force...

Standing up Beta had not realized how long he'd sat in meditation until he looked at the wall Chrono. Two days had passed. Something drastic had to be done, although visions were mere interpretations of events that 'could' happen there was one constant in these....the faceless, Dark Master. No doubt, this man was coming and with him, the end of the Force.

Snapping her eyes open, Karolin looked over at Ursa's sleeping form. She didn't know where she was at first, but seeing Shamp lying next to her, it didn't really matter. As she methodically climbed out of bed and started to put in her Jedi Robes, Shamp looked over sleepily, quickly opening his eye all the way when he saw what she was putting on.

"Waz goin un? Wha ere ya gettin dressed in tha four?" Karolin smiled back at Shamp, her love in life, but it was a strange far away smile. One he had not quite seen before and for a moment he wasn't sure if she wasn't sleep walking or 'sleep dressing'

"It's time Shamp...my Darkness is over. He's here..."

Finally....Dremmess lay in bed faking sleep. Having not been able to truly close her eyes since Balmorra. She thought that having RT back in bed would allow her to finally rest. Looking over she glared at his snoring form, jealous. Since they were both living in her ship while his new one was re-fit to his specifications, she lay on an abnormal side of the bedroom, closest to the door. Silently moving the sheet and creeping out of bed, Dremmess tip-toed to her galley cabinet system opening one of the cabinets up. Taking out a bottle of old Corellian Whiskey she drank straight from the bottle telling herself that she only needed a little for sleep. Yellow and Gold the image appeared reaching out to caress her abdomen. She lurched back dropping the bottle trying to sense the apparition in the Force...what she got instead was the voice in her mind as it reached for her.

"You...are the perfect vessel. For me...many Sons, you shall bare...Dremmess...."

-As always -- The Story Continues....