Wildstar Online

What new games are you looking forward to? Want to set up a branch? Just want to share the excitement? Tell NOR all about it, make your pitch here!
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Wildstar Online

Post by Ojike »

Has anyone else been watching this? I remember signing up for Beta what feels like forever ago, and all of a sudden videos have been poouring out aboutthe game. This video in particular makes it look really cool to me.

Paths!

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/#page1
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Re: Wildstar Online

Post by Talolan »

I thought it looked pretty cool, but in my experience other than GW2, NCSOFT publishes janky, 1/2 finished crap.

So I'll be waiting until its out.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Yeah Aion was okay... for a week... but this just looks like a stupid-fun game. Reminds me a lot of ratchet and clank, and jak and daxter. I'm gonna keep my eye on it. :)
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Tygir
Knight
Knight

Post by Tygir »

Granok..made of living stone.....so badass...... i will now look at this game :P
The true test of a champion, is how long it takes to kill him.

"i believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage. Rage against the dying of the light.
Saroc
Knight
Knight

Post by Saroc »

I'm definitely keeping my eye on this game. Trying to avoid getting too hyped up, but i do believe Wildstar will be my next MMO!
Steward of the WoW Guild Hall
Visitor of Everywhere Else.
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

I've been watching the videos over and over. If the game play has even a dash of the silliness the videos do, I'm sold for at least a month.
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy
rallis
Duke
Duke

Post by rallis »

To many games, too little time. But yes i will be checking this out.
Rallis,

Marquis
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

I've shown the videos to a few co workers ob my lunch the past couple days. Hoping to spread the hype.
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon

Post by Talolan »

E3 2013: Not so wild about WildStar
I debated posting this, because I don't want to tamp anybody's enthusiasm. Massively had a hand's on with WildStar at E3 and were not impressed. Highlights:
I was put on a planet and given the usual assortment of MMO stuff. I'll be blunt: I thought I was playing World of Warcraft with Guild Wars 2's combat with bad controls.
Now, my experience was fairly negative, but keep a few things in mind. This was a really restrictive demo. I'm sure I could remap these keys normally, which would have helped a lot. I was also looking forward to trying the non-combat aspects of the game and seeing something different from some of the other MMOs on my list. While I did try a single jumping puzzle, that's not nearly as new or unique as scanning things for lore or building areas for quest givers. Maybe those would have been better for me and better for other MMO previewers at E3. As it was, my hands on with WildStar sadly felt far too similar to many of the other MMOs coming out now.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

To be honest, floating back to "WoW-style" wouldn't be a bad thing to me personally. So far that game has still taken up the most of my time on any MMO. But this is something to keep in mind, and to put a little bit of the game into perspective. Who knows, maybe they will revamp their whole combat idea after E3? :tongue2

I wish I could life-hack a /videogametime command to see an entire list of every video game I've ever played and how many hours I've spent on it. :)
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy

Return to “Discussion”