Minecraft: Herocraft Server

Open discussion for members and visitors.
yavool
Lord
Lord
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons
Record: Recruited on: February 13, 2006
Recruited by: Lakasha
Squired on: February 19, 2006
Promoted to Baron/DDO on: April 17, 2006
Promoted to Count/DDO on: July 17, 2006
Promoted to Duke/DDO on: January 27, 2007
Promoted to *NOR/ Lord on: October 14, 2007
Father of the Ramnoth Clan: Oriyen, Adahi, Roselaine, and Norfyre

Minecraft: Herocraft Server

Post by yavool »

:hailnor and hi all,

oriyen, adahi, and I have been trying out "herocraft," a hardcore pvp minecraft server. we are on with RL friends at the moment, but have been thinking about branching out on our own. to do so requires a bit more participation from more than just the three of us (it requires 5 active members who play at least once every 2 weeks, a weekly town tax, and other factors such as a guild presence for pvping and defense).

take a look at the website: http://herocraftonline.com/main/. it explains a lot of the server, as does the wiki: http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Main_Page.

you start out as a beginning "greylisted" member and if your behavior is appropriate (read the rules, as they are nuanced: http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Main_Page) and you apply to be "whitelisted," you will be allowed onto the main world thereafter.

if you have any questions, find me out of game per the forums or in game "yavool" or oriyen ("noobicabra") or adahi ("moeski1999") and we'll chat more about it. :)

-yav
Yavool Ramnoth
*NOR/DDO Lord and RL
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Re: Minecraft: Herocraft Server

Post by Talolan »

I play Minecraft, but I have no interest in a hardcore pvp server.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

I have Minecraft and play occasionally but I am not interested in playing on a pvp server....it brings back horrible memories of UO *thwaps Talo* and that brings the nightmares on :dunno1

Otherwise, it sounds like a blast :D
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
yavool
Lord
Lord

Post by yavool »

Roxanne wrote:I have Minecraft and play occasionally but I am not interested in playing on a pvp server....it brings back horrible memories of UO *thwaps Talo* and that brings the nightmares on :dunno1

yeah, I've been ganked a few times and lost a bit as a result... but turn about is fair play, and there are strength in numbers! =)
Yavool Ramnoth
*NOR/DDO Lord and RL
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

yavool wrote:
Roxanne wrote:I have Minecraft and play occasionally but I am not interested in playing on a pvp server....it brings back horrible memories of UO *thwaps Talo* and that brings the nightmares on :dunno1

yeah, I've been ganked a few times and lost a bit as a result... but turn about is fair play, and there are strength in numbers! =)
This is true!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
yavool
Lord
Lord

Post by yavool »

An update on the Herocraft server:

After having been mayor of "Ravenhold" for the past month (see http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads ... ing.43545/), Kainzo (the creator of the Herocraft server) has announced that on October 1st, there will be a full server reset. What this means is that a whole new set of worlds are opened up and everyone starts at square one.

Details about the server reset can be found here:

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads ... ipe.43926/

For anyone interested, this also means that you can get in on this "season" of Herocraft (the season will last 1.5 to 2 years) at the ground level, and ascend as you please. I have eight or more people already up for banding together, and would be happy to have my fellow *NOR/bies join in. If interest became high enough, we may even be able to consider a provisional barony.

For those of you not familiar with Minecraft, it is the quintessential "sandbox" game, that allows your to build and break as you please within an endless, cube-oriented world. The game itself requires a one-time purchase of $20. If you wish to try out the demo or get the game, go to https://minecraft.net/.

Countless peer-made servers have popped up in the Minecraft community. One of those servers is Herocraft. It consistently ranks in the top 30 for best MC servers. I like it because it is one of the only Minecraft RPG servers. You pick a classes and professions akin to the traditional role playing games, and band up with others of the same or different classes/professions to adventure, conquer, and defend. It is a pvp server, which means that other people can attack you; and it is set to "hardcore" mode which means that mobs (skeletons, zombies, creepers, etc) are set to their highest level of difficulty. It also has combat arenas, special events put on by the devs, and various other items of interest.

For rules and details, check out the wiki at http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Main_Page. The server address is mc.herocraftonline.com. The test server (where you can test out classes) is test.hc.to.

If you have any questions, drop me a line. :)

-yav
Yavool Ramnoth
*NOR/DDO Lord and RL
yavool
Lord
Lord

Post by yavool »

hi all,

i wanted to give an update as to what's new in herocraft. minecraft 1.7.2 update launched last friday 10/25/13 and will be implemented into herocraft in about 2 weeks. this update includes an increase in the number of trees and plants available in mincraft, enhanced fishing rewards, and a whole slew of new biomes (the lands of minecraft) which include some pretty neat combinations of existing biomes as well as some altogether new areas. what that means for the hardcord rpg server is:

an expansion of the radius of the current world from 2300m to 5000m (in other measurements, 1,354,240,000 available blocks to 6,400,000,000 blocks - yes billion - that's a big sandbox!);
new classes (to be announced)
new player v. everyone (PVE) games;
and the implementation of quests

it is Ravenhold's goal (Ravenhold is the name of our township within herocraft) to establish our township in stride with the release of 1.7.2 on herocraft. we wish to immediately explore the new areas and find a biome that is appealing to our agreed-upon township design (we are making a lothlorian-esque gigantic tree for our home that will be as tall as the sky cap (256 blocks) allows it to be), which will likely be an "extreme hills spruce forest" or a "canopy forest," but might also be one of the other unique biomes as well. we also wish to be close-ish to a graveyard as well as a dragon travel station (used by contributors to gain safe travel to hero city - the central hub of the world of Haven).

we have collected all of the necessary material for our township except for souls. the currency standard changed from gold to "souls." for those who play league of legends, this is akin to the champion "thresh," who collects souls from fallen enemies in order to increase his armor and ability power). with this change in souls (which is gained from killing PVE mobs, mining, and to a lesser part farming and livestock management), the economy has been a little slower to grow, but the method of soul acquiring is more diverse (before gold could only be gained by mining). currently, we are about 4000 souls away from meeting our goal, and all of the townsfolks are donating their souls toward the cause, of which their contribution will offset future weekly taxes that Ravenhold requests of its townsfolks.

our current town is called "TabulaRasa," or "blank/clean slate." it was built in reponse to a hostile group of folks on herocraft building a township literally 150 meters away from our old place, Homestead. the folks of "Hamburger City" were unable to be negotiated with, and in the interest of safety of Ravenhold's members, i elected to move the town to a quieter, more remote area. TabulaRasa gets visitors on occasion, but all in all see about 10% of adversarial traffic that Homestead did, and has been a pleasant and aestetic place to live. Our rooms are all filled at the moment, as we also have farms built and the noisy livestock protected within our small establishment, but within a couple weeks we will have a gigantic amount of space to work with once we establish the township of Ravenhold in the new expansion (we will go from 14,490 protected blocks to 1,440,000 protected blocks, or about a 10,000% increase in size).

if any of this sounds interesting to you, please feel free to check out the herocraft website or the herocraft wiki at the following addresses:

http://herocraftonline.com/main/

wiki:
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Main_Page

herocraft has a "whitelist" process, in which you begin as a greylisted member on the server with limited access, and then can apply on the website to become whitelisted to gain full access. they do this to monitor your behavior, make sure you know and abide by the rules, and aren't a bot or web spammer (promoting other servers). the process takes a couple days (applications are reviewed within 24 hours of submission, the approval can take anywhere from an hour to a week, depending on the backlog and the strength of your whitelist application).

good gaming to everyone :)

-yav
Yavool Ramnoth
*NOR/DDO Lord and RL

Return to “General”