Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Re: Epic Dungeon Progression Aug 2013 -

Post by Phelaia »

:hailnor

@Kyler, it was Ryker on the signup page as of yesterday...Sorry. :-p

About a week ago, Tyrandil(GWF), Elissa(DC, a new NOR recruit), and I(CW) 3-manned normal mode Frozen Heart. Tyrandil and I skipped most of the dungeons when we were leveling, so this was a new experience for us. It was not hard like an epic dungeon by a long shot, but since we did not have a TR or a GF, it was not a cakewalk either. Due to the size of the room and the fact that Frost Golems could not be pushed, lifted, bunched, frozen (duh, they're made of ice), my CW felt kind of useless and frustrating, and I really wished I'd brought my TR for high single target DPS to deal with the golems and some ranged attack to deal with the archers. Now that I have run this on normal, I know exactly what to expect on epic, which brings me to the point of this post:

Maybe y'all have braved the dungeons while leveling, but there are those of us who actually have not seen all of the dungeons as we leveled. Being slammed by big bad wolves AND shot at by archers AND knocked prone by red circles everywhere is not the time to ask the question, "What was that just hit me from full to near dead?". Perhaps those of us who have not seen it all can get together on a night when nothing's scheduled and run a dungeon on normal as a dress rehearsal for the epic run.

Okay, maybe not Dread Vault...I've had enough of that dreadful place... :-)

Phelaia
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

Phelaia wrote: @Kyler, it was Ryker on the signup page as of yesterday...Sorry. :-p

Phelaia
sorry thas my fault, everytime i see Kyler's name i think Ryker, i think its a xmen thing :shocked
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

Date: September 18, 2013
Dungeon: Fardelver Crypt (Gauntlgrym T1)
Participants: Aglavalyn, Hrothnor, Talana (Tyrandil's GF), Phelaia, Wil Hawklight (TR picked up by Hrothnor)

Per Hrothnor's suggestion, the original plan was for Agla, Hroth, Tyrandil and Phelaia to zone out at the entrance, so that the TR can run from the entrance straight to the second campfire. When the TR reaches the second campfire, then the rest of the party return to instance, thus making this a much shorter run. Well, the TR didn't make it after two attempts. The rest of us zoned back in to fight it out with him.

We all run down the stairs, and Hrothnor and Wil ran way ahead of us to attempt this running thing a third time. Tyrandil, Phelaia, and Agla stopped to fight a small group of trash mobs in an open area just before the first bridge. Then a minute later, Hroth and Wil came running back through the bridge dragging half the dungeon-ful of mobs with them! <Queue "Yakety Sax"> The mobs just kept coming and coming, and there were at least 3 more waves of mobs!! By some combination of skill and luck, we did not wipe. The rest of the dungeon was a lot easier. Even the end boss was not as bad as the first huge fight at the bridge.

Hrothnor notes that this dungeon has been patched, and that the purple gear that come of this place will be much more expensive on the auction house.

@Tundrra, please mark this dungeon cleared. Thanks.

Phelaia
Phelaia Fiendline
Kyler
Recruit
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Kyler »

Just giving you all a heads up that I've successfully completed both Pirate King and Karrundax (PUGS) both of which can be completed fairly quickly.

Hit me up if you'd like more information.
Last edited by Kyler on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

For guild runs short cuts are great and anything to get the job done effeintly, however as a guild we don't exploit obvious bugs and tactics. Our reputation is important to us and we don't want to see our members banned from games. In this scenero I wouldn't think NW would ban players but they have for AD exploits:(
*NOR/LD-High Council
Kyler
Recruit
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Kyler »

I'll bare that in mind from now on. =]

However, it's hard to find any pugs in those two dungeons that are not using exploits...sigh.
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

Date: 9/22/2013
Dungeon: Epic Frozen Heart
Participants: Hrothnor (GWF), Tyrandil (GWF), Phelaia (CW), Kyler (GF), PuG Nemaia Coilbone (DC)
Number of attempts: ONE!!

Boss #1:
No issues.

Boss #2:
No Issues, other than the half a dozen Frost Golems took just forever to kill, because they could not be pushed, bumped, lifted, or frozen in place. Also, somehow the trolls kept spawning even after the boss went down.

Boss #3:
Kyler's plan was for him to kite the adds by running around in circles near the entrance, while everyone else focus on Hrimnir near the exit. Hrothnor was one-shotted by Hrimnir when Hrimnir was down to 2/3 HP, and there was no red area on the ground for that attack. Phelaia attempted to use what looked like a blind spot at the top of the stairs at the exit portal, and was one-shotted by Hrimnir when Hrimnir was down to 1/3 HP. Tyrandil killed Hrimnir single-handedly. Kyler managed to run around and kite what must be 20 of those Frost Golem, 20 trolls, and a dozen archers all that way til the end. Our DC kept everyone healed all the way through. When Hrimnir finally went down, the purple door opened, and Hrothnor and Phelaia went in to help with the adds, but there were simply too many of them. Per Kyler's suggestion, we all commit suicide but did not Release until all the adds have disappeared. The adds somehow all disappeared, and we had to take down a couple of Frost Golems near the respawn point. Then we all went back into the boss room, and sure enough, Hrimnir stayed dead. We all took a screenshot next to the dead giant, thanked our cleric, and traded purple gear amongst ourselves.

@Tundrra, please mark Epic Frozen Heart cleared. Thanks!

Phelaia
Phelaia Fiendline
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Congratz!
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

:hailnor

Date: 9/24/2013
Dungeon: Epic Pirate King
Participants: Tundrra (Healer), Kyler (Tank), Tyrandil (DPS GWF), Phelaia (DPS TR), PuG OrienCRO (CC)
Attemtps: 2

Boss #1
Boss was a bit hard to pin point and often buried in the large ball of adds.

Boss #2
This was an easy one. CW did a great job pushing the adds off the cliffs.

Boss #3 Daddy Blackdagger
First Attempt: Wizard got swarmed and went down fast. Tyrandil was efficient in killing the adds. Phelaia had a bit of difficulty zipping through the huge ball of adds to get to the boss, and there was a lot of lag. Tundrra amazingly kept us all up and alive until the second wave of adds. Kyler did an amazing job in kiting the huge ball of adds. Boss was worn down to 5% HP, and Kyler went down. Then all the adds all homed in on Phelaia and Tyrandil, and they went down too.

Second Attempt: Wizard went down first. Phelaia lasted until the boss was down to 2% HP. When Tundrra and Tyrandil both went down, Kyler was left alone on the boat. Tundrra pulled a deus ex machina by using a Scroll of Life to raise himself and Tyrandil. Back from the dead, Tyrandil seize the chance, went Unstoppable, and went straight for the boss. Blackdagger went down in no time. After that, we all committed suicide and waited for most of the adds to dissipate. There was only one small mob left to deal with.

Phelaia's TR can now say that she's taken part in killing all three Blackdaggers. :-D

Phelaia
Phelaia Fiendline
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Congrats to all on the first full clear of the zone!
*NOR/LD-High Council

Return to “Dungeons”