Everquest Next Landmark founder's pack now available

Ryland
Lord
Lord
Realm: Warcraft

Everquest Next Landmark founder's pack now available

Post by Ryland »

Everquest Next has released their new Landmark Founder's Pack. Details following:
---
The Settler Pack is available for $19.99 and includes unlimited Closed Beta access, a Founder's Pickaxe, an exlusive title, and more! Settlers will receive these items on or before March 31, 2014.

The Explorer Pack is available for $59.99 and includes all of the items in the Settler's Pack as well as Alpha Access, exclusive outfits, and more! Explorers will receive these items on or before February 28, 2014.

The best value is the Trailblazer Pack, available for $99.99. This pack includes everything included in the Settler Pack and the Explorer Pack, as well as additional exclusive outfits and other items! Additionally, trailblazers will get their name in the EQN Landmark credits, shareable Time-Limited Beta Keys to share with friends, and more benefits!

Are you a true Trailblazer? Visit http://www.eqnlandmark.com and buy your Founder’s Pack today!
---

Stay safe and have fun,
Ryland
*NOR/RL-BDO
HC Realm Leader BDO - Velia 02 channel
Hrothnor
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited sometime around late 1998 in The Realm.

Re: Everquest Next Landmark founder's pack now available

Post by Hrothnor »

Ok, for the slow witted and those dont follow every forums... Is Landmark and Next the same game or different parts of the same game? I mean I have done some reading on Next but I hadnt heard of Landmark. Thanks!
Hrothnor
P>S> In my past life I was Ghyll or Ghill, for whom might remember ;) Hrothnor was my name in The Realm before Ghill.
Hrothnor
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited sometime around late 1998 in The Realm.

Post by Hrothnor »

Ok, I read the wiki and went all over SOE. I see that Landmark is PRE-Next and it is NOT on Norrath. So I guess its sorta a "minecraft" style pre-game, while pre-fazing into Next. But I guess now I wonder what the point to buying the Landmark packages, wonder if those items you get carry over into Next and if not... what happens to Landmark after Next comes out?
Bard
Lord
Lord
Record: Recruited: Sometime in 1996 in NWN on AOL

Post by Bard »

Landmark appears to be its own game. From what I have gleaned from the interwebz it appears Landmark was going to be a sort of Alpha for EQN but for some reason they've decided that they believe enough folks will shell out money to play it while they wait on EQN. If the items we got also transferred to EQN (the gear as well as the alpha/beta access), I would be on it in a heartbeat. Hopefully they will do something like this for EQN, but right now it looks like it's going to be kind of EQN but with much more focus on building (and they may use some of the player-built things for the EQN rollout) and less on combat.
Runesire
Squire
Squire
Realm: RIFT
House: Griffon
Record: Squired SW:ToR: 8/25/13

Post by Runesire »

There was a great EQNext - Landmark article in the latest issue of PC Gamer. From what I got out of the article, Landmark is going to be a standalone game that will continue to be developed alongside EQNext proper. There are plans to introduce combat of sorts and dangerous areas that the more valuable resources may be found.

Their goal is to have a game that focuses on creation, exploration, and player economy (real money trading) whereas EQNext will be about the characters, stories, and adventures.

As far as what crossover - if any - will exist between the two games, the article didn't answer the question I've been asking since they unveiled all this: Can player created items bought from Landmark be placed within EQNext? They only mentioned the possible contests that would be held in Landmark - that winners would see their creations brought into EQNext.

I'm a sucker for deep crafting and RMT, so I'm going to pony up the top founder tier for this. The upside to that is getting early access for your permanent land placement. I believe it was mentioned that multiple land claims could be linked or joined in some way, so perhaps we could found a Nor-land portion of the world if others are interested. Once Alpha/beta hits, there will certainly be more info.

-Runesire
-Runesire

SW:ToR Characters
Gowren - Commando 55
Serena - Jedi Sage 55
Vady - Jedi Guardian 65
Janet - Gunslinger 60

Lewd - Sith Marauder 65
Vayna - Sith Sorcerer 55
Kneecaps - Bounty Hunter 55
Hampshire - Operative 56

Return to “Everquest Next”