EQN:L Alpha starts today!

Bard
Lord
Lord
Record: Recruited: Sometime in 1996 in NWN on AOL

EQN:L Alpha starts today!

Post by Bard »

They just posted to their Facebook that Alpha access for EQ Next: Landmark starts today. If you bought one of the early access packs, you should be getting an email today with alpha boards and download info. Hope to see some NORbies there :)
Dainar
Squire
Squire
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons

Re: EQN:L Alpha starts today!

Post by Dainar »

once they fix the issue with not enough servers, i'll keep an eye out for you.
Bard
Lord
Lord

Post by Bard »

They definitely need more servers for the lag issue, but claims aren't as bad as folks on the boards seem to think (of course many on the board seem to think this is more like a "first-peek" preview of the game instead of actual testing). The main issue with claims is that when you pull up your Map it's showing the claims on ALL islands and servers. From what I understand the fix is to zone to a different island then zone back and it should fix itself.

From one of the Dev posts today Claims are a MAJOR concern and priority at the moment. They should be putting up a new server late tonight and pushing some code fixes for Claims sometime this week.
Dainar
Squire
Squire

Post by Dainar »

not that which server I'm on really matters, seeing as you can bounce between them, but my claim is on Courage, in the Watershed zone. I'm pretty pleased with the location I was able to snag. Once servers are back up I should have my tin sawmill built and good to go.
Bard
Lord
Lord

Post by Bard »

Excellent! :) I snagged a GREAT location when the servers first opened, but lost it in a bug (didn't have anything on it yet) so I am in the market for a new claim and if there's one available next to another NORbie then that's okay with me ;)
Bard
Lord
Lord

Post by Bard »

Gonna try to snag a good claim in a T3 area on Serenity when it finally comes up.
Dainar
Squire
Squire

Post by Dainar »

Serenity is now the heaviest populated server. you may have better luck on one of the original servers now lol. my claim is kinda north east in watershed. a nice plateau mountaintop.
Bard
Lord
Lord

Post by Bard »

I found my original claim on Liberation/Inlet. I'm NW of the hub, the last big mountaintop within the green (trees/grass) area.

Return to “Everquest Next”