ArcheAge

jara
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Re: ArcheAge

Post by jara »

Ok, I will shoot you a private message with my email. I will also message everyone that has made a post here so far to see who is still interested. I believe we have enough to go to the HC.

I am keeping an eye on the guilds and what servers they are going to. I am trailing the RP guilds and the hardcore PVP guilds. I want to avoid as many hardcore guilds as we can. In this kind of game we do not need to deal with the drama of open world PVP gank guilds.
Jara
Capt Kellix
*NOR//DK- Inactive Officer
jara
Duke
Duke

Post by jara »

The names that have shown interest in the game so far are:
Jara
Sophroniscus
Lasarian
Talolan
Imaultis
Tygir
Santhus
Slapdragon
and some friends of some listed.

I believe half of us are looking at the game as our next possible home while others are just interested in checking it out right now. That is what I will present to the HC.

Even if we do not become an official branch we need to work out a server for those of us that do want to play together. The best two servers I am seeing so far are Naima and Tahyang. On the official forums they are the two with the least number of guilds signed up. I am thinking Tahyang is a better choice because it will share the auction house with only one other server. There is a better chance of a fair market without some group taking total control of market prices. I also lean to the West faction over the East but it doesn't really matter that much to me. It looks like the East will have less people which means a better chance at good land for houses and such but a bigger chance of being outnumbered in the world PVP.

What are others interested in for Faction and Server? If there is no major objection I would like the Tahyang server West faction to be where we set our roots.

I will be at the HC meeting Sunday to make the case for the game. I will also be in the early access starting Friday.
Jara
Capt Kellix
Imaultis
Realm: ArcheAge

Post by Imaultis »

Interesting to note:
The West faction is Elves, Nuians (European body type) and probably Dwarves in the future.
The East Faction is Firran (Cat people), Harani (Asian body type) and probably the Warborn in the future.
http://archeagecommunity.com/archeage-r ... -factions/

The guild can not be cross faction. We can create our own faction later, but only on the PvP Island and is subject to take-over by hostile factions.

I like the Firran, Elves, and Nuians personally so I can go to either continent and be happy.

As for server, I prefer an RP based server. Even though most people don't actually RP there, they at least have fewer trolls and fewer people with silly names...lol
Imaultis
*NOR/Lord-Realm Leader:ARC

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh
Imaultis

Post by Imaultis »

After talking with Jara, it looks like we are leaning toward the following...
If anyone has any issues with this, please let us know before Friday. :)

Server: Tahyang
Faction: Nuia (Elves, Nuians, and likely Dwarves)
Imaultis

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh
Talolan
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon

Post by Talolan »

Just a quick update. I had talked about the game a couple times (and I'm on your list), and I signed up for and got into the beta and gave it some time, but I'm not interested in the game and doubt that I'll be playing it at all.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
jara
Duke
Duke

Post by jara »

OK Talo, thx for the update. :D
Jara
Capt Kellix
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

I can't turn down a game that runs on the Cry Engine 3. :tongue2 I will visit from time to time.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Riveni
Count
Count
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited 1-22-2008 VSoH
Squired 2-08-2008
Squire Court 3-15-2008
Squire Elite 5-17-2008
Baron 6-18-2008, bestowed by Leorik & Kennae
Count 5-7-2013, bestowed by Tundrra

Post by Riveni »

I would love to try this game, but really? I was in a queue where 3K people were ahead of me with a wait time >1 Hour.
Riveni
NOR/CT
jara
Duke
Duke

Post by jara »

Yea, that is why I suggested waiting til after the first week. The game is running smooth once you are in for the most part but the wait is still pretty bad.
Jara
Capt Kellix
Imaultis

Post by Imaultis »

Queues get longer in the evenings. My internet has been having issues (It has dropped off at least once the past 3 nights:( ) and even with patron status, when I get in the queue it is often 500-700 with a 45 min wait. I suggest jumping in the queue about an hour before you plan to play or right as you get home for the day even if you don't plan to play for a couple hours.
Imaultis

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh

Return to “General”