Reputation Changes Coming Soon(ish)

Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Reputation Changes Coming Soon(ish)

Post by Talolan »

One of the things I have problems with in WoW is repeating Reputation grinds. I have a LOT of characters. I'm exalted with just about every faction in the game on my Death Knight, but the prospect of grinding some of those factions again makes me cringe. I also feel that just applying that reputation to all of your characters automatically would be stupid, because why bother having alts if they just get everything for nothing? There is no reward there, and it leads to boring stagnant game play.

Blizzard posted about this very thing today, and big changes to reputation are coming. I approve.
Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our recently updated blog that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:
  • Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
  • All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
  • The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
  • ???
  • Profit
We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.

Return to “Information & Updates”