Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Seer Sage Healing Guide

Post by Zyera »

Working on finding good guides for all healing classes and learning a bit myself about Scoundrel/Op healing and BH/Commando healing

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=716342

Skill Tree: http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-cal ... 000&ver=20

I think mine is off only by one point but I might change it from what I have currently.
Amnesty reduces by 30% the duration of the force regeneration debuff from using Noble Sacrifice without Resplendence. It also allows Force Barrier to remove this debuff.
At its best, this skill is training wheels for an inexperienced healer or belt and suspenders for an experienced healer. A healer who benefits from this skill has room to improve his force management.
I have this talent and only really used it once or twice when things get really tough, but normally my force management is pretty tight.

worksheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

As a healer, you have a unique and demanding job: triage. You must determine an order to heal your allies and a rotation that will prevent deaths. A fight that is challenging to heal tests your ability to make quick, accurate decisions that complement your co-healer’s.

Though no rotation is ideal for every situation, your goal is using Rejuvenate > Healing Trance on cooldown. As a rotation, this is Rejuvenate > Healing Trance > two or three other abilities. Using Healing Trance on cooldown, and having it consume Conveyance, is the key to force management and, for healing one ally, provides unrivaled HPS (healing per second) and HPF (healing per force).

Guides adequate for the casual player have sprouted like mushrooms. Most recommend one or more poor techniques regarding rotation. I redress these below.

Though Salvation usually has the largest share of a Sage’s effective healing in an Operation, using it merely because its cooldown is finished is poor technique. To maximize this ability’s, and your total, effective healing, synchronize Salvation with AOE damage. Using it more often wastes time and force, and using it early wastes its healing, which is slightly front-loaded and requires good positioning.

Using Conveyance, the buff given by Rejuvenate, for an ability other than Healing Trance is almost always poor technique. For example, using this buff to reduce the cost of Salvation reduces not only the HPS that you can sustain but also your ability to regain force.

Treat Salvation and Force Wave as alternatives unless using them back-to-back won’t overheal. If Force Wave is sufficient, use it alone. If Force Wave is insufficient, and Salvation alone will be sufficient over its 10-second duration, use Salvation alone.
As a rule-of-thumb: Willpower > Power > Surge to about 250 > stack Alacrity. Zero Critical from gear is optimal, as discussed below. Zero Accuracy from gear is optimal, because abilities used on allies can’t miss.

Use the Force-Mystic’s 4-piece PVE set, not the 2-piece PVE set with the 2-piece PVP set. There’s no sound reason to choose the 2-piece PVP set for Operations. Dropping the 4-piece PVE set for the 2-piece PVP set reduces your maximum HP, Armor (increasing your damage taken), and tank and non-tank healing.

Use Resolve (Willpower) Augments. Though Overkill (Power) Augments provide roughly equal total output if you have BIS gear and use Force Armor as often as you should, Willpower increases the likelihood of Resplendence procs.
Just posting some basic stuff, please click the link for more information!
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

Re: Seer Sage Healing Guide

Post by Intisar »

Excellent info!

I dropped the skill point from Amnesty a while ago and haven't missed it. I keep it in Master Speed now which I find a bit more useful.
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Intisar wrote:Excellent info!

I dropped the skill point from Amnesty a while ago and haven't missed it. I keep it in Master Speed now which I find a bit more useful.
Aye that's what I think I was going to do.

Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Return to “Guides & Resources”