Epic Progression M3+ (May 2014 - March 2015)

Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Epic Progression M3+ (May 2014 - March 2015)

Post by Tundrra »

May 13th 2014 - (current)
Dec 5th 2013 - May 12th 2014
Aug 27 2013 - Dec 4th 2013

To Qualify for guild dungeon completion be sure the party is made up of at least 4 of 5 members! The new Heroic Encounters will require more members for successful guild completion. Please list who attended and a little about your adventure!

The Dread Vault (8300 GS)
Graft-Harrow | Yalghoor the Rank | Yshiggol

Castle Never (9200 GS)
Valindra's Pet| Tal'gath the Watcher | Xivros the Undying | Dracolich

Malabog Castle (9200 GS) 08.22.13 Module 1
Krol Nightforge | Malabog | Competing adventure party | Fulminorax | Fulminorax (post interrupt removal 3.14)

Valindra's Tower (10500 GS) 12.05.13 Module 2 "Shadowmantle"
Shatterspine | Valindra

Kessell's Retreat (12000 GS) "Skirmish" 05.13.14 Module 3 "Curse of Icewind Dale"
Akar Kessell

Black Ice Corruption "Heroic Encounter" 05.13.14 Module 3 "Curse of Icewind Dale"
Black Ice Corruption - Icewind Pass

Prospector Attack "Heroic Encounter" 05.13.14 Module 3 "Curse of Icewind Dale"
Icewind Pass - Prospector Attack

The Remorhaz "Heroic Encounter" 05.13.14 Module 3 "Curse of Icewind Dale"
Icewind Pass- The Remorhaz

Chilltooth "Heroic Encounter" 05.13.14 Module 3 "Curse of Icewind Dale"
Dwarven Valley - Black Ice Beholder (Chilltooth)

Hammerstone "Heroic Encounter" 05.13.14 Module 3 "Curse of Icewind Dale"
Dwarven Valley - Black Ice Beholder (Hammerstone)

Undead "Heroic Encounter" 05.13.14 Module 3 "Curse of Icewind Dale"
Dwarven Valley - Black Ice Beholder (Undead)

The Lair of Lostmauth "Dungeon" (#### GS) 08.15.14 Module 4 "Tyranny of Dragons"
Boss 1 | Boss 2 | Boss 3
The Shores of Tuern "Skirmish" (#### GS) 08.15.14 Module 4 "Tyranny of Dragons"
Boss 1
Charthraxis in Neverdeath"Heroic Encounter" 08.15.14 Module 4 "Tyranny of Dragons"
Vartilingorix in Ebon Downs "Heroic Encounter" 08.15.14 Module 4 "Tyranny of Dragons"
Merothrax in Icespire Peak "Heroic Encounter" 08.15.14 Module 4 "Tyranny of Dragons"
Venfithar in Rothe Valley "Heroic Encounter" 08.15.14 Module 4 "Tyranny of Dragons"
Vilithrax in Whispering Caverns "Heroic Encounter" 08.15.14 Module 4 "Tyranny of Dragons"
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Re: Epic Progression M3+ (May 2014 - present)

Post by Tundrra »

The new module 3 launches today and with it we have access to new artifacts and a new higher tiered armor set "BLack Ice" so I have rolled over our progression list. I removed the easier T1 zones and have added some of the Large Heroic Encounters.

Large list of HE
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

The Remorhaz "Heroic Encounter"

Participants: Juez Calvo, Tyrandil, Phelaia, Nors. Thorgrim was unfortunately in another instance.

This is a lot like the Blasphemer in Gauntlegrym, except everything hits a lot harder. Apparently, it spawns once every few hours. When it spawns, there's its healthbar over your screen regardless of where you are on the map. Tyrandil and Phelaia happened to be right there when it turned up, and Tyrandil charged headlong into it like Hrothnor would. Soon, there are flame circles and flame line-attacks that do knockdown. The baby Remorhazs hit very hard, and daddy Remorhaz hits even harder. They flail and their bodies are red areas that whip. The big Remorhaz periodically disappears underground but keeps "swimming" in it, and if you have the bad luck to stand over it when it shove the ground up a bit, you can get hit for 20k+, which hurts, and there's no red area for this. There's also Black Ice to be harvested during the fight, but if you have just the basic ice pick, it'd take too long. Everyone on the map came to help, and it took about half the allotted time to take it down.
Attachments
screenshot_2014-05-13-21-44-22.jpg
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

Prospector Attack, completed 5/14/2014

Participants: Nors Loyar, Thorgrim, Hrothnor, Sophroniscus, Tyrandil, Phelaia

Classic big scrum of a fight. The Prospector hits hard. Nothing too special about him.
Phelaia Fiendline
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

Date: 5/21/2014
Dungeon: Valindra's Tower
Team: Hrothnor (Tank GWF), Santhus (DPS GWF), Tundrra (Healer), Nors Loyar (Ranger), Thorgrim (Wizard Tank)

The first time NOR completed Valindra's Tower, we had to borrow one of Thorgrim's wizazrd friends. Sure it counts, but it was not an ALL NOR group. This is the very first successful run completed by an all-NOR group. The following is a write up by Thorgrim:

It was an average afternoon: just a few guildies quietly running their dailies. Then Santhus came on and we talked Drazym into an all guild VT run. I believe Drazym officially hates this dungeon now, as Val keeps trying to make Draz into an undead consort. :tongue2 So it was Drazym, Nors, Tundrra, Santhus, and me (Thorgrim). It was an efficient speed run up until the final boss: adds were dropping like flies. I asked Santhus if he wanted more crowd control, and he responded "more DPS!"

So back to Valindra. We got her down to about 40%, and Drazym went down. We did not last much longer after that, and Drazym, for whatever reason, disconnected and didn't come back.

Hrothor jumped on a bit later so we decided to attempt it again, as we still hadn't beat Valindra with all guild members. Our new group consisted of Santhus, Nors, Hroth, Tundrra, and me (Thorgrim). We dispatched the adds quickly and made our way to Valindra. Notably, the highly sought-after Fallen Dragon Swordknot dropped for Santhus at the first boss.

For the second boss, we made 2 attempts. The first try, we did fairly well up until the second "bacon strips" phase. Nors found himself surrounded and sucked dry by the ghosts. Tundrra died as well, so we were too few to manage the large number of coffins. In Hroth's usual style, he went down in a blaze of glory with a roomful of wights.

On to our second attempt: Everything was much smoother. We had a few errant coffins due to people getting choked at the wrong time, but Nors really helped to make up the difference with his ninja-like mobility. Santhus was chopping up the boss like liver, and Hroth was in his happy place, standing in the red and wailing on the boss. Tundrra was doing a nice job keeping us up and alive while we were being choked. So the second "bacon strips" phase came and went, and we all made it through. Valindra finally died and the roomful of Wights disappeared.

:hailnor

Screenshot taken by Thorgrim.
Attachments
all_guild_vt_run_shopped.jpg
Phelaia Fiendline
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Great work all! Im glad i was apart of it:) I dont get me firsts!
*NOR/LD-High Council
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

We cleared Epic Dread Vault tonight. That's it. That's the last dungeon.

Last edited by Tundrra on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded the youtube tag
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

Date: 6/13/2014
Dungeon: Epic Dread Vault
Team: Thorgrim (CW), Nors (HR), Tyrandil (GF), Santhus (DC), Phelaia (CW)

This run was planned a few days before hand. Phelaia and Thorgrim went back and forth a few times and discussed the kind of group that would make this run successful. Of all dungeons, this is the only one that has not had invisible walls added. Typically, Dread Vault requires one melee up at the Brain, while the rest of the party throws adds off the edge. If the melee person goes down, however, he would have to use Scrolls of Life to raise himself, because no one would be able to go get him.

Our plan was this: Thorgrim and Phelaia both taking wizards is a given. Tyrandil's GF would be good for grabbing and maintaining aggro of the adds. Santhus's Divine Oracle DC would also be good for putting down Astral Shield and using Divine Glow/Forgemasters Flame to keep us all alive. This, however, is key: Instead of taking a high DPS melee to take on the Brain, it was Thorgrim's idea to take a high DPS Ranger to shoot the Brain from afar. It's safer this way, and if Nors goes down, no one needs to trek into the territory of the tentacles to help him back on his feet.

The way to the Brain was uneventful. Even Boss #2 was easier than the last time we attempted this. 30 minutes later, we were at the door of the Brain. Here we go.

We go in and headed straight for THAT corner. First mini boss was the one from Cloak Tower, and she was thrown off pretty easily by Thorgrim. Second mini boss was the Pit Fiend from Mad Dragon. :shocked I never knew that one would spawn. Everything went pretty well...until at 35%, Tyr said, "Thorgrim's DEAD?! What happened?!?!" Phelaia looked up and indeed, the word DEAD was under Thorgrim's name. Phelaia's life all of a sudden got 10 times harder. All hell broke lose, and we wiped. It turns out that *something* just tossed poor Thorgrim off into the abyss. No matter, we try again. Before we went in again, Thorgrim told Phelaia about the tiny little space between two bricks where you can push the adds off even without Singularity.

Second attempt, everything goes well. In fact, things went better this time because Phelaia saw where that little crack between the bricks is, and she could work with Thorgrim better this time. Between Thorgrim and Phelaia, most adds were tossed before the next wave could get to our corner. Tyr's GF was able to pull aggro off of Nors, so that Nors could shoot off Aimed Shot in relative peace. First mini boss was Ethraniev Marrowslake, and she was tossed off unceremoniously. The second mini boss was Hrimnir, and he's standing half a mile away hurling boulders at us! Tyr, Santhus, and Phelaia all just groaned together on Teamspeak, "Oh gah, Hrimnir...why?!?!" Thankfully, this Hrimnir isn't nearly as tough as the real thing on Icespire Peak, and he actually walked into firing range of the party. Tyr's blond GF was pretty enough to draw Hrimnir closer. :tongue2 A good 5-7- minutes of pew-pewing was enough get rid of this Hrimnir. At the very very end, Nors went down and was picked up, and thankfully, he's right next to us and not half a mile away thanks to Thorgrim's wisdom. A few seconds after that, the Brain was dead, and it shuddered a bit before sinking into the green muck.

Well, that was anticlimactic, because we can't even take a screenshot in front of a dead Brain with his stubby feet in the air. *sigh* What was even more anticlimactic was that everyone got a BLUE main hand that we've all seen from Cloak Tower! What a stingy dungeon, and this is why no one ever runs this dungeon.

It. Is. Done. As of this night, NOR has conquered every single epic dungeon in Neverwinter. Well, it only took us 10 months to get through them all.

:hailnor
Attachments
screenshot_2014-06-13-20-50-30_edit.jpg
Phelaia Fiendline
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Well done on Dread Vault!

Thursday we had 6-7 NOR (2 groups) running around Icewind pass taking down dozens of Heroic Encounters! I'm looking forward to getting 2 full groups next week:). Then I will officially turn our HEs green!
*NOR/LD-High Council
Santhus
Baron
Baron

Post by Santhus »

That dread vault run was probably one of the smoothest runs I've ever done. I'm not usually comfortable slotting divine glow In a T2 so for me to be comfortable to do it THE WHOLE dungeon you know it was good. Having Phel and Thorgrim in the same party creates an absolute vacuum of safety because no mob is ever left standing. Talana is incredible at holding Aggro and I rarely have to try to heal her, and Nors is one of the best rangers I know. It's been a pleasure being able to knock of un completed dungeons with you guys and I can't wait until there are more for us to do!
Eater of the cake,
Master of the cabbages.

Return to “Dungeons”