Why ArcheAGE?

Imaultis
Realm: ArcheAge

Why ArcheAGE?

Post by Imaultis »

So some of you may have never heard of ArcheAge. Here are some high points to the game; but in a nutshell this game to me is like a modern Ultima Online (Without being set in Britainia).

ArcheAge seems to have taken the best from the game giants of the past, and made them better.
- The Class System: Like RIFT and old school SWG, you get to mix and match skill trees to create the character you want to play. You can have a Healer with Stealth or an Archer that also throws Curses. You pick one skill tree at creation and pick a second at level 5 and a third at level 10. You can experiment with that here http://arche-base.com/builds/generator.

- Massive PvP battles: Defend your factions territory, invade the other, or combat the Pirate community. Epic land combat like DAOC and much better than Warhammer Online. Massive Sea battles against Pirates, enemy ships or the Krakken. Some say the ship battles are better than those in Assasins Creed.

- Sentenced to time in prison: A fantastic criminal justice system. Like UO you gain bad Karma for stealing from people or killing players from your own faction. If you are caught, you will go on trial. If the players on the jury convict you, you will be sentenced to x minutes in jail. But, you can find a lost key and escape early. (Don't forget to crush crates in the prison to collect your fancy set of stripped pajamas).

- If you Build it...: Build your own house or your own ship. Or band together and build a Guild Castle on the PvP Island. House crafting better than Horizons (Personally felt the housing in horizons was its only shining jewel...LOL)

- The Economy: You can craft goods and trade them. Certain areas are better for creating specific goods. Often, the farther away from where you made the item you travel to sell it, the better price you will get. This brings into play trade routes both on land and on the sea. Of course with trade routes, this brings bandits, pirates, and mercenaries for hire to protect your shipments.

- Design a Crest: The Guild crest can be uploaded so that it will be displayed on items such as ship sails and flags (256x256 PNG format). You can also create your own crest if you desire.

- Traveling is easy: Mounts as low as level 7, Gliders shortly thereafter (Unless you are a founder in which cast you get it at level 1), a Portal book allowing transport to most towns you've visited, and a home point recall.

- Overachievers: If you do more work than the quest calls for, you "Overachieve" the quest and gain more exp when you turn it in. (You can underachieve too, but this makes it harder to level). So if you have to kill 10 spiders, feel free to kill 10 on the way out and 5-10 on the way back into the town.

It's Free to Play or you can subscribe.

And much more...

So come on out next Tuesday or grab a Founders pack and start Friday. We look forward to seeing you in game:)
Imaultis
*NOR/Lord-Realm Leader:ARC

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh
jara
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Re: Why ArcheAGE?

Post by jara »

To add a little there is the best open water adventuring I have seen in a game yet. In addition to fighting other players and the Kraken you can go fishing and treasure hunting. Grab your friends and dive to the bottom of the ocean to search for shipwrecks or lost lands. There is a whole city down there to explore and loot.

The gliders can not be understated. There are places and treasures in the world that you can only get to with a glider and skill at flying it. You can spend a whole day exploring a small portion of the world and find new things you never knew were there.

The sandbox of this game is perfect for guilds such as ours. I look forward to creating many different types of events. Some of the most fun we will have will be when we try to load up a trade ship with goods and get it across the world. I look forward to the day the pirates see our crest on the sails and know we are coming to defend other merchants. If you get an itch for the piracy do not worry, there will be plenty of time we go privateer against the other faction as well :thumb
Jara
Capt Kellix
*NOR//DK- Inactive Officer
Vashile
Baron
Baron
Realm: Elder Scrolls Online
House: Griffon

Post by Vashile »

I really wish I had time to dedicate to playing this game.
Xenrath
Baron
Baron
Realm: SW: The Old Republic

Post by Xenrath »

I've been looking at this as a possible game to play. Is the PVP mandatory? Should I expect to be jumped at any given moment? I'm not the biggest PVP fan...
jara
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by jara »

You can avoid it if you really want to. At higher levels you can wait u til the zone you want to level in is at peace and not worry about pvp. You can also do a lot of things like crafting to earn xp outside of quests.
Jara
Capt Kellix
*NOR//DK- Inactive Officer

Return to “General”