Main Raid Force(Group 4 & 5)
Mixture of Dps & Healers
What to Bring wrote:
  • Dragon potion
  • Dragon protection
Battle Plan - 3 Dragons wrote: IMPORTANT:
  • Keep a eye on all Dragon healths.
  • STOP fighting once a dragon is at 3-5%
  • All dragons must die within 1 min of each other.
Red - Group 1
  • A group of 5 solo the red dragon.
  • This fight takes close to the whole 10mins.
Black - Main Raid Group
  • All groups except Red start at Black Dragon.
  • All DPS until dragon is at 5%
  • Group 3 stays at Black while the remaining Main Raiding group heads East to Green Dragon.
  • Group 3 whittles Black dragon down to 2% and waits.
  • Once all 3 dragon targets are at 5% everyone proceeds to finish off their dragon within 1 min of each other.
Dev Blog wrote:When one of the four dragons is defeated, the others retreat shortly thereafter. Guild members have one minute to defeat any remaining dragons once one dragon is defeated.

Each dragon will present different degrees of challenge for the guild. Every dragon occasionally spawns a Dragon Empowerer that greatly increases that dragon’s damage as long as it is alive.

The Red and Green Dragons are the easiest of the four dragons to defeat, while the Black and Blue Dragons are the most difficult. The Blue Dragon has an attack that, if it kills its target, inflicts major damage to everyone in the area, and the Black Dragon’s acidic bite eats away at adventurer’s damage resistance.

In return for testing their mettle against these fearsome creatures, players receive Fangs of the Dragonflight if they defeat two or more dragons. These Fangs of the Dragonflight can be used to purchase Dragonflight Armor, the most powerful armor set for Neverwinter: Strongholds. Players can earn more fangs depending on the number of dragons that are defeated.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverw ... il/9490183

Things we have learned:
  • We only get a Fang if we kill 2 dragons.
  • Killing 1 dragon gives us a strongbox with 2 fangs in it, but requires a key.
  • 40 players total can attend, but no more then 20 per dragon.
  • every 2hours a 5min window will appear to start the event, so we have to be ready early, or we will miss the timer.
  • 10min timer on the full event.
  • Once the final dragon is killed, all other dragons retreat after 1min.
[/list][/list]
Attachments
image.jpg
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Dragon Raid - Lets talk strategy

Post by Tundrra »

I probably should research the forums for write ups but where's the fun in that:)

- My first thought with this fight is have a tank on each dragon and have them turn the dragons away from the party.
-Then the DPS players would focus on one dragon until it is down to 5-10% health.
- A afew designated range dPS would be in charge of watching for "Dragon Empowers" to spawn and clear them asap.
- kill order would be one of the harder Blue dragons, then the 2 easy red and green, with the final Black dragon being defeated.

Those are my first thoughts I'm sure things will change once we are in the thick of it though.
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

The Dragon Empowers are probably the job of TRs and HRs, as they are mobile, and they are quite good at single target DPS. This is not unlike the current Grey Wolf fight.

The damage types of the dragons reminds me of the ones in Tiamat. Most people thought the green one and the blue one were the worst, but no, it was the black one. The direct damage of the black dragon was minimal, but once the black dragon lowers your damage resistance, any random trash mob can then one-shot you. Any ranged DPS classes these days have frighteningly low damage resistance (CWs are at 8%), and if they go down, there's no way the sturdier classes can finish the job. Perhaps the best thing to do is to deal with the blue one first while avoiding the black one, then the black one, then the other if we can get to them.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
RJC9000
Ally
Ally
Record: 12/14/14 - Recruitment (*cues With Us/Stalwarts Unite/Together We Ride/Comrades*)

5/12/15 - Squired

9/11/15 - Golden Aldobora Tree awarded

(insert date here) - Knighted
Location: Somewhere in the lands of Akaneia, Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, or Tellius...

Post by RJC9000 »

Tundrra wrote:
When one of the four dragons is defeated, the others retreat shortly thereafter. Guild members have one minute to defeat any remaining dragons once one dragon is defeated.

Each dragon will present different degrees of challenge for the guild. Every dragon occasionally spawns a Dragon Empowerer that greatly increases that dragon’s damage as long as it is alive.

The Red and Green Dragons are the easiest of the four dragons to defeat, while the Black and Blue Dragons are the most difficult. The Blue Dragon has an attack that, if it kills its target, inflicts major damage to everyone in the area, and the Black Dragon’s acidic bite eats away at adventurer’s damage resistance.

In return for testing their mettle against these fearsome creatures, players receive Fangs of the Dragonflight if they defeat two or more dragons. These Fangs of the Dragonflight can be used to purchase Dragonflight Armor, the most powerful armor set for Neverwinter: Strongholds. Players can earn more fangs depending on the number of dragons that are defeated.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverw ... il/9490183
lololol "Green Dragon [is one of the easiest] to defeat"... the green dragon's poison cloud will kill you before you even get into poking range.

I've seen the Black Dragon at work, it hits stupidly hard (melee strikes) and has a weird Reaper attack a la Valindra's Tower (those Grim Reapers that come when Valindra forces you to dodge the lightning bolts).

I havent seen the blue on in action, but I do remember the blue head of Tiamat being ridiculously damaging. Will scout in the future.

For now, I only see the red dragon being our viable course of action. It has fairly standard attacks (melee strike, fire breath, meteors, etc.) and doesn't have many gimmicks , but has summoners spawn in droves (more damage dealt = more summoners?). Today, we did one and our group got it down to 44%ish HP. I think that Phel is right and we do need the HRs and CWs on overwatch for the empowerers, but spread out around the dragon, since they can spawn almost anywhere around the dragon.

One thing I would like to add: it takes A LONG time to ride all the way to the dragon site. I suggest we have our group waiting by the dragon's site, but have one person at the guild hall to activate the event, saving time on riding. Maybe we'll get a dragon kill someday...
This is a message from Lord Nergal...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Characters (NWO):
Hector (SM Destro GWF)
Micaiah (SS Thaum CW)
Saint Elimine (DO Righetous DC)
Anri (SM Tact GF)
Mark (Justice Healadin)
Nors
Baron
Baron

Post by Nors »

I completely agree with Hector's assessment. The only viable dragon to kill at this point for us is the red dragon (forget his name):

Dragon's I have fought so far:

Green Dragon - I can get two hits in prior to succumbing to the poison cloud.
Black Dragon - One shots me or two shots me if I'm lucky
Red Dragon - I was able to do decent damage on this dragon.

Notes: THIS MAP IS HUGE, takes forever to get anywhere, I like Hector's idea of town stationed individual to trigger effect. We need to focus on being able to kill at least one of these daragons then expanding to two and so forth and so on.

See you in game.

PS So far this mod isn't too bad I do not need to deal with Protectors Enclave very much anymore.
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

RJC9000 wrote: Maybe we'll get a dragon kill someday...

It will be nice having this a weekly recurring project, a good challenge for all its frustrations has a real payoff of accomplishment in the end.

How many folks at one time were at the fight so far?
I know it's limited to 20 but in your attempt were there fewer?
Also can we bring nonNOR players into our stronghold?
We are planning some upcoming raids, but how does the 2 hour timer work so we can get players in position on time?
*NOR/LD-High Council
RJC9000
Ally
Ally
Record: 12/14/14 - Recruitment (*cues With Us/Stalwarts Unite/Together We Ride/Comrades*)

5/12/15 - Squired

9/11/15 - Golden Aldobora Tree awarded

(insert date here) - Knighted
Location: Somewhere in the lands of Akaneia, Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, or Tellius...

Post by RJC9000 »

I think we had around 10-13 guildies. I don't think the 20 person requirement is an issue, given that we barely had 20 people on during our latest guild meeting. The guild also will only have, maybe 10-12 people on max during the weekdays, and maybe 13-17 on the weekends. (Working/AP classes say "Hi"). Plus, the 20 people requirement is merely "only 19 can attack or dragon is invincible".

I don't know how you guys plan to recruit people into the guild, but I'll leave it up to you guys.

We can position people on the 2hr timer. Say the event is on at 2, at 1:55, we can get people to camp by the Red Dragon, have the one person wait and activate the event at the Guild Hall. Then the activater can ride all the way to the dragon site.

Here are some pictures of the map and the actual arena. Re-edit: Bigger pictures.

In the picture of the area, the empowerers can potentially spawn by the graveyards and by the building stairs.

(Also, can anybody link me to the Dragonflight signups? I'm always ready to tip some scales...)
Attachments
Circles color coded by dragon.
Circles color coded by dragon.
Big area, many potential empowerer spawns.
Big area, many potential empowerer spawns.
This is a message from Lord Nergal...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Characters (NWO):
Hector (SM Destro GWF)
Micaiah (SS Thaum CW)
Saint Elimine (DO Righetous DC)
Anri (SM Tact GF)
Mark (Justice Healadin)
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

RJC9000 wrote:I think we had around 10-13 guildies. I don't think the 20 person requirement is an issue, given that we barely had 20 people on during our latest guild meeting. The guild also will only have, maybe 10-12 people on max during the weekdays, and maybe 13-17 on the weekends. (Working/AP classes say "Hi").
With most of our games when events are organized in advance after a few weeks players will adjust their play time in order attend. It just takes a little while.
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

So far, we don't have anyone who can do single target DPS from range. PVE type CWs can't do squat against one huge uber-tough single target. Maybe my Half Orc CW might help one of you make a bigger dent.

I do, however, have a Archery HR that can put out decent damage even with lvl 60 year, and this HR is decently far along in earning the campaign boons. I can see about taking this HR to 70. The XP from doing stuff for Stronghold is quite a bit more than just grinding the previous zones.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004