Roles

Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Roles

Post by Lasarian »

We have eight slots and I have been giving some thought to what kind of roles we may want to consider and what our Team might typically comprise.

Two Scouts, Light Mechs

Some combination of Mediums and Heavies as support, 2 and 2, 1 and 3, 4 and 0, I don't know. I typically pick an Atlas or Awesome and just stick with them, hang back for a bit and wait for someone to engage them, then light them up, but I am getting into the Heavies now.

Two Assaults, these are basically designated targets, but we want them up against lighter Mechs. Slugging it out toe to toe with another Assault is just gruesome.

We want someone designated on Overwatch, calling the ball for us and at least one "Sniper" - they could even be the same person. With the NARC or TAG capability though, we would all see a designated target, picked by the Scout.

I had been thinking about those LRM boats, but relying on a single method seems like a liability to me. I would rather use fewer LRMs and use them to soften up targets and give the Cats close range capability - leaving our long range a pin point damage dealer from afar (the Sniper).
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD

Return to “MechWarrior Online”