The State of SWTOR

Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

The State of SWTOR

Post by Intisar »

To anyone who has logged on to SWTOR lately, this will not come as a surprise, but there has not been much activity lately in NOR. We have not participated in Conquest this year nor had much interest in Storymode operations nights.

This has to do with two things I think. First and foremost, Knights of the Fallen Empire’s new content is focused exclusively on solo play. Unlike the previous expansions where the story advanced through flashpoints and operations, you can experience the whole story on your own and at your own pace. While I think the story is excellent, it does not have high replay value after the first time.

Secondly, current group content is rebalanced flashpoints and operations from the original release and previous expansions. While this means there is a wide variety of things to do, none of it is new to veteran players. If you check out the old Raid Journals, you can see that Zyera and Valikk participated in NOR’s very first operation back in October 2012. Half of the team who were present on our very first hard mode progression night two and half years ago is still active today. It’s frankly hard to maintain interest in content that many of us have been doing for years.

SWTOR has often been called a theme park MMO and I think it’s an apt description. Just as most folks don’t visit Disney World every week, SWTOR is currently set up as a game you can pop into every once in a while. Indeed, the best way to experience this expansion may be to wait until all the story chapters are available and do it all at once rather than wait from month to month for each new patch.

NOR has always been casual friendly with a fair amount of turnover and I don’t begrudge anyone who wants to come and go as they please. We encourage everyone to play how they want and when they are able.

This does mean, however, that things are going to be pretty quiet for a while. I am honestly not sure how to recruit under SWTOR’s current model.

That said, we’re not closing up shop, scuttling the guild ship and selling the furniture. I’ll be on often and am happy to help with whatever I can. If you need help with a flashpoint or a quest or need some mats from the guild bank or an invite for an alt, feel free to give me a shout in guild chat, in-game mail or through the forums.

The Hard Mode Progression group will also continue for the time being. Next time we have a quorum of progression folks I’d like to discuss some of these issues in Team Speak and explore options.

One of many great things about NOR is that we’re not limited to one game. If you’re bored of SWTOR, you can always find a friendly face in our other branches, from ArcheAge to Neverwinter. Currently folks are checking out the changes to Guild Wars2 and there is lots of activity there as well!
Soulfinger
Squire
Squire

Re: The State of SWTOR

Post by Soulfinger »

You summed up my feelings on SWTOR very well Intisar. I am one of those that has been popping in and out, and am currently running through the new expansion stuff for the first time. I was thinking I might like to join a story-mode night, but honestly my nights have been so unreliable that I never know if I'll make it in by 9PM EST. And even if I did, I know from my time ages ago that Story Mode nights were a bit hit-and-miss.

Edit... as for operations... Running it half a dozen times is good for me. Any more and ... well... I'd rather make an alt ;).

All that said, I often see a couple others online, and if I'm on you can always rely on me to run a story mode flashpoint (if I have the time). Just hit me up on the Imp side... although I should make it a habit to log into Teamspeak when I'm playing too.
SWTOR Republic - Poobah (60 Guardian), Fece (60 Scoundrel)
SWTOR Imperial - Soulfinger (60 Sorcerer), Solsismic (51 Powertech), Isith (50 Marauder), Sinet (20 Operative)

Free Tadziki? Yah! --Treek.
Windemere
Duke
Duke
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Windemere »

You've captured things very well, Intisar. I wouldn't let it discourage anyone who is thinking of trying it out though. The game is really in a good place for people who are newer to it. There is a lot of content to enjoy and Bioware has added some significant quality of life enhancements lately.

I'd also like to thank Intisar for the countless number of ops and events he has put together for us. Always patient and reliable, he has been helping us to see it all and enjoy it to its fullest!
:aletoast
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Nimue
Baroness
Baroness
Record: Recruit 07-15-2015
Squire 08-09-2015
Knight 12-14-2015
Baroness 06-05-2016

Post by Nimue »

Windemere wrote: I'd also like to thank Intisar for the countless number of ops and events he has put together for us. Always patient and reliable, he has been helping us to see it all and enjoy it to its fullest!
Indeed, and I'd like to add my thanks as well. Thank you for making me feel right at home in this guild, and for being a great branch leader!

:hailnor

Guild Wars 2: Nimue.4892
Image Nimue De Danann Image
Zyera
Lady
Lady
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Nimue wrote:
Windemere wrote: I'd also like to thank Intisar for the countless number of ops and events he has put together for us. Always patient and reliable, he has been helping us to see it all and enjoy it to its fullest!
Indeed, and I'd like to add my thanks as well. Thank you for making me feel right at home in this guild, and for being a great branch leader!

:hailnor
Same here! You are a wonderful Branch Leader and friend, Int. You've done a wonderful job in the SWTOR branch. :)
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

First off I want to thank everyone for their kind words! It really means a lot to me!

I should also echo a couple points that have been made here. If you are a new or returning player, there is a ton of stuff to do in SWTOR; it's the veterans who are feeling legitimately frustrated.

That said, despite being down both our regular tanks, we still had a enough for a full raid last night. So if anyone would like to come along feel free to sign up or let an officer know! I try to be in the TeamSpeak Operations channel before every op.
Maishka
Knight
Knight

Post by Maishka »

I`m around on Imp side and should have more time in the coming weeks if people want to set up Ops or run FPs
Maï Inaqi: Sith Sorcerer- light side level 65
Indisha Tenau: Bounty Hunter -Merc - light side level 57

Maishka: Sage Telekinesis - light side level 65
Alystri
Knight
Knight
Record: Recruited 8\8\2013
Squire 10\17\2013
Knight 1\16\2014
Champion 3\11\2014 Promoted by Zyera
DMG 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Baron 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Return to NOR as squire 6\9\2015
Re-Promoted to Knight 11/14/2015

Post by Alystri »

I will be sticking with SWTOR. I dowloaded GW2 but SWTOR seems to be more my style.

I will try to be more regular. I would hate to see the branch dwindle into nothing.

Maybe I will need to get my tank out of mothballs. :)

I hope we can keep things going, last night's raid was fun. Especially since we had a new raider with us!

Aly
Alystri (Level 60 Watchman Sentinel)
Alyianna (Level 55 Vanguard Tank)
Tru-alanna (Level 12 Jedi Sage-Healer)
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Alystri wrote:I will be sticking with SWTOR. I dowloaded GW2 but SWTOR seems to be more my style.

I will try to be more regular. I would hate to see the branch dwindle into nothing.

Maybe I will need to get my tank out of mothballs. :)

I hope we can keep things going, last night's raid was fun. Especially since we had a new raider with us!

Aly
Sorry it didn't work well! It was just a suggestion since people have been having fun there. But all NORbies have their own reasons for playing whatever MMO they want. :) Kinda wish I saw you online! I would have loved to help you out. Trying new MMOs can be overwhelming.

Remember, as a tank- blame the healers! :)
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness
Record: Recruit: 9/26/15, Squire: 10/16/15, Baroness: 4/10/16

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

I'm glad the SWTOR branch isn't going anywhere - thanks for all you've done and do running it! I felt very welcome there and it's nice to know it will be there if I get the urge to be a Jedi again :) For all the issues with SWTOR that exist for veteran players, sometimes you just want to swing a lightsaber and use the Force!
Guild Wars 2: Quirk.8056
Image Fribble Image (And too many more to count!)

SWTOR: The Kos Legacy

Return to “Game Updates”