Baron
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Re: <SWTOR> Light vs. Dark Event details and rewards

Post by Sofija »

And I apologize if my post was a bit negative. I still have my sub active and will continue to do so until the day comes when the servers shut down for good. And will still log in from time to time to say howdy and check out the latest update.

I'm having too much fun atm smashing things with my hammer in GW2, but SWTOR will always be my MMO "hometown", a place with great people, wonderful sights, fond memories, and that special something no other place has. I am so happy that NOR is still in a good place and in good hands in SWTOR and so many are still enjoying it, so I and other NOR veterans can come home when Bioware finally gives us a compelling reason to.
Windemere
Duke
Duke
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Windemere »

Teigra wrote:It sucks that new characters have to be made for this, but I'm 100% determined to get those rewards.
Good luck, Teigra! I'll be cheering ya on! :yay
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Moxat
Knight
Knight
Realm: RIFT
House: Griffon

Post by Moxat »

This reminds me a bit of Seasons in Diablo 3. You basically start over every few months to chase down specific goals. The current season awarded a new inventory tab, so it was worth it for my pack rat tendencies to chase that particular rabbit. This one... just reading the list of requirements for the Legendary just makes my head swim. The leveling doesn't scare me so much, but all the group content, the pvp, the onerous requirements to grind up professions all over again (ack) surely gives me pause. I've been with SWTOR since launch, and I surely wish I had found NOR early on. I think my whole SWTOR career would have turned out a lot differently. That being said, I am kind of looking forward to jumping back in with this. I just wish we were a little more active Empire side (I spent my 10 years in Wow playing the Horde side and there's just something about the Empire side that appeals to me), because I think I'll have to focus on a Republic toon so I can contribute and get more help with the group-based stuff. I've heard interesting things about the dark side Jedi Knight story :) I'll be willing to help out however I can.
The Abhaya Legacy
Benen (Juggernaut), Halwyn (Mercenary), others
Volarik (Guardian) , others
Galaxiya
Countess
Countess

Post by Galaxiya »

Most of us have toons on the imp side, just don't play them as much. I'm happy to run on either side, and I know others are willing also, just let us know. :)
My blood type is be positive. :) :bouncy :hailnor
The main toons I play, although I have many:
Galaxiya - Commando, Safphire - Sage,
Geminiya - Mercenary, Iron'Butterfly - Operative
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Swtorista has put together a handy guide and checklist for the Light vs. Dark event:

http://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-dar ... vent-list/

Many of us will be participating to some degree or another, and I'm certain we can knock off some of the requirements as a guild. Many of the requirements include flashpoints, PVP and Starfighter and there is no reason anyone looking to complete that stuff need to go at it alone or in pugs. Post here or let myself, Galaxiya or Vas know and we will schedule a time to run some stuff together. I'll gladly get shot down in Starfighter or pwned in PVP if I get to do it with NORbies!

For folks rolling new characters when no officer is online, remember Knights and up can invite ALTs into the guild. I do ask that you remember to fill in their guild member note with the main's name and rank!

To paraphrase Supreme Chancellor Saresh, "Together, we can do eet together!"
Moxat
Knight
Knight

Post by Moxat »

Thanks much for this. I was feeling a little swayed by the "outrage" but I'm getting more and more excited about diving into this. I'm looking forward to helping out as much as I can and embracing the darkness of the Jedi Knight (though I can't kid myself, he'll be Light V and a good boy scout) :aletoast
The Abhaya Legacy
Tenkar
Squire
Squire

Post by Tenkar »

Well am definitely returning to swtor for this been gone for to long and seems appealing to start a fresh even tho all cuts scenes will mostly be skipped lol.
Well, hello, Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you, pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and sh*t... and Jack left town
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Just thought I'd pop in with a quick tip for folks who plan to level through questing.

With the launch of KotFE, quests were reorganized into different types, with different icons on the mini-map and above the quest givers.

Side quests and "Area Quests" not related to the class or main planetary stories are now hidden by default and to view the quest icons in game, you'll need to toggle them on in the upper right of your map window:

These missions grant less experience that the main quests, but can be done in conjunction with the other adventuring you might be doing in an area, and every little bit helps!
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

One of the achievements for the Dark vs. Light Event requires that you complete 5 Galactic Starfighters matches. This may be a game mode some folks have never tried. Fortuneately, Swtorista has recently posted two tutorial videos covering GSF. So if you want to get a sense for what you're in for, check 'em out:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Moxat
Knight
Knight

Post by Moxat »

Thanks for the link. It's kind of sad how much of this stuff I never did, mostly because I wasn't in a good guild until now. The things that seemed impossible for me I've been steadily knocking down. A bit of grinding and I think I will get the legendary tab filled out.
The Abhaya Legacy

Return to “Game Updates”