Luck, or what kind of offering to the RNG gods is happening?

Kermit
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Luck, or what kind of offering to the RNG gods is happening?

Post by Kermit »

We all know Shava had her first +5 ring on her 4th eDemo... alright... luck

But last night

- Destroyer (first on GWF but swapped to Lock once we kept failing on Orcus)
- Shava (CW)
- Gina (DC)
- Manfoot (first ever tanking Orcus on GF)
- Myself (SW)

decided to see if we could get Manfoot his first taste of Orcus. As expected, the dungeon is fairly manageable until Orcus. Our run took some time, as our DPS/Control/Tanking is in the middle range. Only Gina's outstanding healing was making this smooth, and if she was left behind we felt the hammer!

I mean, we took it slow, chatted along in Discord, died a few times, saw Ziek succeed his Orcus in a separate group, saw Tyr/Phel log and run their own Orcus with Ziek/Fathertime (only theirs got bugged at Orcus).

Everyone was leaving to go to bed, we had now wipe, but I mean total wipe with barely made a dent in Orcus 6-7 times, when we called the "let's try it one more time". Destroyer was now with his damnation SW (so 1 tankish pet), yeti's were out. Manfoot charged and got 1 timed shot, and lay dead... for the next 30min....

Our ranged did their thing, the green balls weren't as silly, and we got Orcus down.

What happened next sounds like this (from what I remember)
- Shava: "I wonder if we will get something good after all this wasted time"
- Me: "Having running Orcus 50+ times now, probably not... maybe a ring of Orcus +2"
- Destroyer: "meh, I was going to say +1
- Manfoot: "I think my chest is bugged, it's not flashy thingy"
- Destroyer: "Manfoot, just make sure you are close enough, and sometimes you have to wait for others to open their loot and after you get yours"

silence

Manfoot: "I got a +5 Sudden ring of Defense" :shocked

yeah.. on his 1st run ever, after eating dirt the whole fight and watching us, the RNG gods had pity on Manfoot... so now that's 2 Orange ring in the same household

I guess my next Orcus run, I'm rushing him, getting 1 timeshot, then will lay there until others finish him :tongue2
Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: Luck, or what kind of offering to the RNG gods is happen

Post by Ziek88 »

I have run easily hundreds of castle nevers and still no +5. That is hilarious that cryptic has shined happily on you. Congrats on the awesome drops manfoot. Don't get used to it :-p. Something similar happened in ToD for Rabbit. Got both arti weapons from Tiamat within 10 runs. It was ridiculous.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954

Return to “The Moonstone Mask”