And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Alliances, Chest changes, and other stuff

Post by tornnomar »

Hail *NOR/!

Most of you may know that I am back and aggressively playing again as I have a couple of months to catch up on. Long work hours kept me away, but I am very happy to once again be able to play. We have a couple new Recruits, Bones is now 70 and is chugging along through the mess that are/is Boon zones:)
And Baron Dru has stepped up and taken on a very important role with NOR in Neverwinter, that of a Realm Leader. His charm and wit are sure to prove interesting:) I believe that Phel and Dru will help guide NOR in NW to great things. Oh and Tyr? Sorry, I, uhm, drank the tankard I had for you at the Driftwood. What? I got thirsty:)

Our Alliance has changed some members, and we now are full again with some new guilds and Alliance activity has grown as a result. Had some amazing runs with our alliance today and hopefully some more later this evening.

On to Dungeon Chest changes.....

This was heralded on the forums as a bad thing and in a way it could be viewed as such, but I think they added an element of surprise that was lacking.
You used to be able to view the contents of a chest before actually accepting the contents. Now a confirmation window appears asking if you want to use the key (whatever key is used for that chest) by clicking yes or no. You may still get nothing, or you may hit a lick!:)

Today, at the chest(s) in Castle Never...with the daily Epic Key I yanked out a Ring of Rising Lifesteal +5!
At the chest that requires a Dragon Key, I pulled an Aranea. Yes, thats right! An Epic Level Aranea!

Each zone has different rewards that may show up in the chest such as an Energon which is an Epic Companion (Controller) from the Dread Ring Skirmish.
Wanna know what drops? Gotta log in and check the collections page using Ctrl+J and scrolling down to Zone Rewards, choosing an area (Dread Ring, Sharandar, etc...)

Some of the gear is great but with some side effects such as arm pieces that do extra damage but at a cost...lets hope you have alot of Gold....
Some have no useful stats but jack your HP by 40k, you'll have to see it:)

In addition to gear companions are dropping as well, see my Aranea (which I'm still stoked about!) Mounts are dropping as well.

All in all, I think this was a good change that makes this mod, Storm Kings Thunder PT2, a little more bearable.
Now if I can find 4 more Dragonturtle Moults....

Happy Gaming NOR!
Rain
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Alliances, Chest changes, and other stuff

Post by Tundrra »

It's good to see you back sir!

I'm glad the change hasn't been horrible, the forums did get abit crazy negative:(
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
Realm: Guild Wars 2
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

Great to be back Lord Tundrra! Having a blast with the new zones!
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

Well now I'm stoked about getting back into the game, probably more next week and with my GF which I'm going to tinker with. My GWF and OP are still active and well tricked out. So DPS and Healing still available.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Neverwinter--@abluebutton
Main: Krimsn (OP healer)
Alts: Kriket (GWF), Krifin (GF)
Mules: Krindl (SW), Kriplr (TR)

Guild Wars 2--bluebutton.1475
Onyx Ofnor
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

The alliance definitely went through some changes, other than its name. A couple of the guilds with way better geared people are off with Relentless, but those spots have been filled recently with a couple of guilds that are small and not as geared. That's fine. I've been keeping my ear to the ground on alliance chat, and people are still frequently grouping for dungeons. Speaking of dungeons...

Since the changes to the chests and keys, I've seen more groups being put together for dungeons other than CN. And, Rain's assessment of the loot sounds like what's I've heard from the forums too. Yes, you can't farm things anymore, but people are getting nicer things out of the chests.

FYI, Tyr is available to tank or heal. Just let me know if any of you needs a tank, and I'll tell him. ;-)
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter

Return to “Dungeons & Raids”