And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Module 11: The Cloaked Ascendancy

Post by tornnomar »

Hail *NOR/
With two days to go before Mod 11's release I thought I'd take the opportunity to showcase some of the highlights and what this Mod has in store for us. I'll attempt to be as spoiler free as possible:)
Most of my information about this Mod comes from Neverwinter Unblogged and my time playing through some of this Mod on Preview.

What to expect?

The obloigatory intro quests that we all know. These quests are the only thing linear about this Mod. After they are complete, the choice is yours as to what you want to do! Investigate whatever faction you want to as everything you do will go towards completion of the Mod.

Good story and great voice acting. If the Devs wanted to erase the mess that SKT (Mod 10/10.5)was from the collective memory of the playerbase, they are off to a great start. For myself, I actually let the NPC's finished talking instead of simply grabbing the quest and closing everything out and moving on. As a result, I became engaged in the story.

Expect betrayals out of nowhere. Expect to become quite friendly with Lord Neverember as he will reveal some harsh and surprising truths.

Remember when you first went to Icewind Dale? And you casually walked up to a Polar Bear and were like "YAY! A battle!" and the polar bear promptly sent you back to the fire, or you barely survived that encounter? The enemies here are like that...Expect tougher mobs. And when you see what think is a familiar enemy, beware, the devs have flipped the script for a few of them! Expect new mechanics as well as new enemies.

Great scenery and a well designed map. The River District is a vast area that has been taken over by the Ascended Wizards, each with their own region in the River District. And as I said, its your choice as to which one you investigate.

And now for some bad news:( Free up some inventory space because there are new things that you have to carry around. And each of these items are dropped by all enemies, but some items drop more from one group than another. Luckily your informed of this in the tutorial, which is pretty thorough and engaing.

AND! Wait for it!.....LOADOUTS! After years of asking for loadouts, they seem to have arrived! To be honest, I didnt experiment too much with this as most of you know that I run the same powers for pretty much everything, with a few exceptions of course. But for those that swap powers/skills for various battles you can set a loadout via the character screen. The menu will be in the top left corner.

New Companion Gear, Mounts, Companions, and New Artifact Weapons, new, well alot of new stuff! Rather than rewrite a bunch of stuff just follow this link to see whats coming:

https://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/new-mod ... t-weapons/

This site is a treasure trove of info maintained by players that spent a great deal of time on Preview.

I will take a moment to talk about the new weapons. Each have their own Bonus and can be built around. In some instances the new weapons could potentially be BIS for your character! The Relic Weapons from SKT will remain BIS for general purposes, but! depending your playstyle the new weapons may be a better fit. They also have the same Item Level as the current relic weapons so there is that benefit too. The new weapons also use the old Marks in their upgrading process, so there isn't the ridiculous grind in SVA for a chance to get the required marks. I liken the new weapons to the Drowned/Burning. etc.. VS Twisted. While not the best, they are comparable and will fit nicely with some playstyles.

Spellplague Caverns. One of the premier dungeons some time back, it reemerges in its newest forms, Normal and Master versions. Complete with redesigned enemies and Boss fights, this is one I will say nothing more about. It beckons to be experienced and is absolutely beautiful. The downside is that it is only available after unlocking it via running the campaign, much like Demogorgon, FBI, and SVA.

In conclusion, I think this Module will be fun and engaging for NOR in Neverwinter. In my eyes it does wash away the stain of SKT somewhat and is a move in a direction that I hope continues in future Mods.
You can read more about the Mod in the link I provided above.

Here's to Neverwinter and to NOR! May our next 25 years be filled with good people, good fun, and good games!

Always NOR,
Rain
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: Module 11: The Cloaked Ascendancy

Post by Ziek88 »

Great info Rain. I could see myself becoming good friends with that Firesoul set. There is a lot to like about that set bonus. I will be looking forward to tackling this rebuilt old dungeon with NOR again. I see they mention new bosses. I hope they kept the final boss. The old one was honestly one of my absolute favorite.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

I'll have to think a little harder this time...Aberrant or Illusion? I actually don't have much Lifesteal, so probably will go with Illusion. Pets are fun. :-D

As for Spellplague, it looks like the platform at 2nd boss is going to be a little like 2nd boss in Mad Dragon...don't fall off, cuz it's a long way down.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Bammer
Lord
Lord
Record: Recruited in 2006
Squired 02/07
Promoted to Baron [NW] 02/27/2014
Promoted to Count [NW] 09/22/2014
Promoted to branch leader [NW] 12/8/2014
Promoted to Duke [NW] 3/1/2015
Promoted to Lord [NOR] 04/12/2015

Post by Bammer »

Thanks for taking the time to do a great write up, Rain! I am debating on reinstalling the game! But weighing the difficulty I have from abstaining playing all the time! I've been playing Rift an bit lately. It's so solo friendly, and no worries about doing anything in particular. Also, a bit of WoW here and there. Mr. and Mrs. Cake have even been playing there. I don't log in nearly as much as I want to, but school is first. I may have to log in, at least to discord, to say hello soon though. I miss you all so very much. Ok, I am back to the homeworks!

P.S. Got the discord installed a few minutes ago, and Zyera already has me set up to chat! I'll bee looking for you all soon!
I have played World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Lord Of The Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Rift, and Neverwinter.. I still actively play Neverwinter, SWToR, DDO, Rift
and occasionally WoW to break up things!

Bammer
NOR/LD-Realm leader of Neverwinter
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

Heya Bammer!

I'm working w teenagers these days, so I'm thrilled to hear anyone say homework first :P

Benn and I played through chpt 4 yesterday. We didn't play Storm King's Thunder, so having to actually kill lvl 73 adds was refreshing. Not that we were in danger, but Benn wasn't melting through everything with me as loot lackey :) Neither by TR or GF have a twisted set, so I'll be taking them through.

I think Aboleth would be better for how I play my TR, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the time on her vs just getting Mirage.

Unlike Ziek, I think I'm going for the AP gain in the Fey set for the GF. 10% AP for encounter use and the Tactician capstone -- could a GF go perma immune with steel defense? Mostly perma immune? Stay tuned to find out.

My GWF and OP have their twisted sets and are over 3K IL. At this time they aren't worth working on for me.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Neverwinter--@abluebutton
Main: Krimsn (OP healer)
Alts: Kriket (GWF), Krifin (GF)
Mules: Krindl (SW), Kriplr (TR)

Guild Wars 2--bluebutton.1475
Onyx Ofnor
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

Blue, Perma Steel defense is definitely a thing. Was much easier pre nerf but still obtainable. Tactician generates huge AP as you noticed. Once we roll around to tackling the new dungeon I will probably join you in Tactician land but I don't want to think about doing dailies without Conq damage :-p.

Something interesting to note. I assume a typo but in the link from Rain 3 of 4 sets have a 30 second cooldown where firesoul does not list one. Will have to check if that is consistent with in game tooltip and then if so, speculate if that is an ingame mistake.
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

@Ziek: Oh that's true, just did first two chpts and as Tact and it was slow slow. I've got a bunch of respec tokens so maybe I'll spec to Conq, get Fey set and spec back.

Re-specing is a pain, but advancing so slowly is it's own pain.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Neverwinter--@abluebutton
Main: Krimsn (OP healer)
Alts: Kriket (GWF), Krifin (GF)
Mules: Krindl (SW), Kriplr (TR)

Guild Wars 2--bluebutton.1475
Onyx Ofnor
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

bluebutton wrote:@Ziek: Oh that's true, just did first two chpts and as Tact and it was slow slow. I've got a bunch of respec tokens so maybe I'll spec to Conq, get Fey set and spec back.

Re-specing is a pain, but advancing so slowly is it's own pain.
I go back and forth a lot. I usually get away with just respeccing the feats. I looked in game at the weapon sets and the end result of the set I liked is far less than the initial notes. I will probably also be going for Fey. The original firesoul notes said defense added to power up to 30% power increase. Would have been a lot of power for me. They drastically reduced that percent.
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit

Return to “The Moonstone Mask”