How Long Does It Take To Be Able to Raid?

Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

How Long Does It Take To Be Able to Raid?

Post by Zyera »

Guild Wars 2 - How Long Does It Take To Be Able to Raid? | How Grindy Is This MMO?

Interested in raiding and wondering how hard it is to get "raid ready"? Wooden Potatoes did an interesting experiment of going from "Zero to Hero" on a new account.

Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Zyera
Lady
Lady
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Re: How Long Does It Take To Be Able to Raid?

Post by Zyera »

Firstly, you don't really need to watch the video but instead put it in the background to listen to. He mostly talks over videos of his live streams and play videos he did which is common in WP videos.

My thoughts:

It took WP to go from zero to hero in ~ 40 hours. That means he was a level 1 from leveling to 80 then getting raid gear which was armored exotics and ascended weapon and trinkets (Back, accessories, rings and neck). I think that's awesome! I too hear a lot that GW2 is very grindy but compared to other MMOs, to get into raiding really doesn't take something insane like hundreds of hours of grinding.

Raid equipment can get more difficult when you want a more expensive stat like Vipers.

I can see how too it can take someone longer if they do not get any help with direction. But hey, that's what guilds are for and what we are here to help out with for our NORbies!

:hailnor
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Re: How Long Does It Take To Be Able to Raid?

Post by Sofija »

Thanks for the video.

Return to “Raider's Aerodrome”