Primary Character Focus

Imaultis
Realm: ArcheAge

Primary Character Focus

Post by Imaultis »

I was going to begin gearing my Warrior; but, I was curious what role he could be needed as. Could anyone currently playing let me know what your intended primary focus will be for your character?

I.E
My Rogue's primary focus is on ranged AOE DPS, with a decent ST Ranged DPS role.
I have a tanking role and a support role, but I am not as proficient with those and am not geared to TANK anything higher than an old world expert.

My warrior's Current primary focus is on melee AOE DPS,
I have a tank role and a support role, but I am not geared to TANK anything higher than an old world expert. (I'm willing focus on tanking and put my ESS and IS into tanking gear however, if we are in need of that).
Imaultis
*NOR/Lord-Realm Leader:ARC

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Re: Primary Character Focus

Post by Lasarian »

At this point there are so few of us, and we haven't yet undertaken any regular events that would warrant such planning - I would do whatever you feel like doing Imault.

For myself, I have been in a DPS spec for leveling my Warrior but I traditionally take on the role of Tank at some point and I have invested in some tanking gear. My other toons are comparatively low level, which I use whenever our lower level brothers and sisters are playing.

I know that Rox tends to favor DPS. Talo has a Cleric which I believe he has specced to tank and heal. Kor has a healer I know for sure.

I think Kor has a toon that is 55 or 56, I am about to ding 53. Mezz and you are the only two with 60s atm, but you will be joined shortly.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Mezzevil
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Squired 1999 in EQ1
Baron 2004 EQ2

Post by Mezzevil »

My favorite thing about Rift, the ability to shift between Tank, DPS, & Support. With my rogue I never even played a tank or bard until the queue times got really long waiting for experts, queue all 3 and you get in A LOT faster. Now I can play all 3 although I think I need to learn a lot more about Bard. Macros are made, and then tested on dummies then Warfronts. Start to get a little bored? Create a new Soul!

I usually mark in warfronts and the opposing team healers marked 1-3 and their DPS 4-6 (our healers 7, 8, & HEAL) so I can tell you most often a warrior gets the high DPS, crazy huh? Old world my Marksman was on or near top but the nerf bat swung and I was a casualty. Perhaps I will drag my warrior out soon...
Last edited by Mezzevil on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

I do, indeed, tend to lean towards DPS. Now, whether I will be longrange or not, remains to be seen.

I have a rogue but I'm not sure what specs I will pick up yet. I got the expansion today and am looking foward to experiencing that shortly (I'm almost 44). The holidays REALLY slowed me down, lol.
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Kyriell
Count
Count

Post by Kyriell »

Kyriell is a glass cannon, but I am planning a future multirole cleric (Tank, Heals, RDPS). Still, with my limited time, it will be a long time before I join the lofty ranks of the 50+es.
Ojike
Baron
Baron
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

If you see me online ever, Kyriell, give me a holler and I'll gladly mentor down and run around with ya if you would like. Maybe some dungeons, or instant adventures.
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

Ojike wrote:If you see me online ever, Kyriell, give me a holler and I'll gladly mentor down and run around with ya if you would like. Maybe some dungeons, or instant adventures.
Ditto.

As to the OP, we seem to be lacking in full-time healers. I'm working a cleric to Tank and Heal, but he's only 34.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Lasarian wrote:As to the OP, we seem to be lacking in full-time healers. I'm working a cleric to Tank and Heal, but he's only 34.
Same goes for you Las. Don't hesitate to prod me to adventure/dungeon delve with you. You ARE the boss after all. :thumb
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Kyriell
Count
Count

Post by Kyriell »

Ya know, the original Kyriell was adventurer by class in The Realm... he was a greatsword wielding, medium armor wearing, "doeverythingpossibleingame" toon.

In all other games, I tend to get slotted in tank (90%) or healer (10%) roles. I suppose I can reroll Kyriell as a healer. Would not cause me too much heartburn :)

More likely to make a new guy with some derivative of the name. Anyway, playing a bit for now. Got lots of studies tomorrow.
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Kyriell wrote:Ya know, the original Kyriell was adventurer by class in The Realm... he was a greatsword wielding, medium armor wearing, "doeverythingpossibleingame" toon.

In all other games, I tend to get slotted in tank (90%) or healer (10%) roles. I suppose I can reroll Kyriell as a healer. Would not cause me too much heartburn :)

More likely to make a new guy with some derivative of the name. Anyway, playing a bit for now. Got lots of studies tomorrow.
Play whatever you have fun playing, no need to play what we might "need" to do raids we haven't started yet. :)
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy

Return to “Information & Updates”