Teigra
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: RIFT
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Teigra

Guild Hall Decorating [Old]

Post by Teigra »

Let's Decorate!

We would like your help in decorating Windswept Haven. As WH has a vastly different style compared to Lost Precipice and Gilded Hollow, we're trying a different direction in decorating. Instead of sectioning off personal spaces for people to decorate, we'll be creating different themed areas that anyone ranked Squire and up can participate in decorating. If you wish, you may work on these decoration projects together with other guildies.

Some of the proposed themes are:
  • Temple of the Gods
  • Forged Area
  • Awakened & Halloween Area
  • Gardens
  • Super Adventure Box/Jumping Puzzle
We're also open to hearing suggestions on other themes as well as ideas for finishing touches for the main buildings, like the Tavern.

The Process

Feel free to submit your ideas through this thread or our #lionsarch discord channel. To have decorations made, please contact a Scribe listed below and they can craft it for you. You will, of course, need to supply the materials, as decorations can be quite expensive! Links to help you figure out which decorations to craft and what you need to make them are listed below as well.

When you have a decoration you want to place, contact an Officer in game and ask if they have a free moment to help you. The decorating privilege will be turned on for your rank temporarily so you can place your decoration(s). When you're done, please let them know so they can turn it back off.

Even if you don't want to participate in the act of placing decorations, materials for crafting them is always appreciated!

Guidelines
  • Leave decorations placed by others alone. Skills 3, 4, and 5 erase multiple decorations in varying sized areas, so I would highly suggest sticking with 2 (Erase Single Decoration) so you don't accidentally erase anyone else's decorations.
  • You will need to provide all of the materials for the decorations you wish to use.
  • This one should be pretty obvious, but please do not use decorations to write or draw anything vulgar or obscene.

Your Friends, The Scribes

All but the most basic decorations require crafting by Scribes. You can contact the ones below for help in crafting decorations:
  • Zyera.4835 lv 400
  • Nimue.4892 lv 260
  • Teigra.1478 lv 400
If you have a Scribe already and would like to help other guildies make decorations, contact me and I will add you to the list!

Decoration Resources

Decoration Page on the GW2 Wiki - About halfway down the page there is a section titled "List of decorations". Each link takes you to a category page that lists every decoration in that category as well as a gallery showing those decorations. Clicking on a decoration's name will take you to a page for that item, which will tell you how it is obtained. Decorations that need to be crafted by Scribes will list what level of Scribe is needed to unlock that recipe. This is why the levels of our Scribes are listed above. Use the Show base ingredients link to see a list of everything needed to craft that decoration. Prices in magenta are items that are bound to the Scribe (or in the case of basic decorations, the guild) so you will need to provide the Scribe with some coin to cover those.

GW2Efficiency's Crafting Calculator - Enter a name of a decoration to see a shopping list of components and current trading post prices.

2016 Video Catalog of Decorations - This is a video that shows 313 of the decorations that were available in August of 2016, minus a few trophies. Each one is shown next to a waypoint for scale and then closer up for detail. The video's description has time code links for each of the decoration categories. While it's missing more recently added decorations, it covers most of the commonly used ones.

Path of Fire Decorations - An imgur album of screenshots of decorations added so far in Path of Fire.

Scribe Leveling Guide - This site uses API to give a real time cost estimate for leveling the Scribe profession. It has become much cheaper since PoF's release, but I still recommend putting that gold towards decorations, unless you want the Achievement Points.

:hailnor
Teigra
Baroness
Baroness

Re: Guild Hall Decorating

Post by Teigra »

Decorating Projects

I will be using this post to keep track of who is decorating what and which decorations are theirs.
Windemere
Duke
Duke
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Windemere »

That is some fantastic organizational work, Teigra! Thank you very much for putting this together, I expect there will be some strong demand for this.

:aletoast
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Zyera
Lady
Lady
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Amazing work, Teigra! Thank you for putting this together!! :)
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Nimue
Baroness
Baroness
Record: Recruit 07-15-2015
Squire 08-09-2015
Knight 12-14-2015
Baroness 06-05-2016

Post by Nimue »

Great job, thanks Teigra! For the record, my scribe is level 250.

Guild Wars 2: Nimue.4892
Image Nimue De Danann Image
Crux
Recruit

Post by Crux »

Excellent! Out of curiosity what is the difference between red/purple areas?
Zyera
Lady
Lady
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Crux wrote:Excellent! Out of curiosity what is the difference between red/purple areas?
Red is restricted and I believe purple may be to those who have already claimed an area(?). Such as your area when you said you wanted to decorate that spot :)
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Teigra
Baroness
Baroness

Post by Teigra »

Zyera wrote:
Crux wrote:Excellent! Out of curiosity what is the difference between red/purple areas?
Red is restricted and I believe purple may be to those who have already claimed an area(?). Such as your area when you said you wanted to decorate that spot :)
Yep! The purple area with the circle on the western side is your (Crux's) area. I remember that you were excited about the possibility of putting the Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra and Gold King Toad over there. Hopefully you still are. :)

The other purple area is just reserved for now. I feel like Windemere had said something about liking that area, but if not, I might just auction it for guild funds or something. It's a really nice hunk of Gilded Hollow real estate, that's for sure. :thumb

There will be a couple of red spots opening up tomorrow, so when I edit the map, I will try to make it easier to read.
Cosmic
Recruit

Post by Cosmic »

Such a great idea, thanks for all the hard work setting this up!

:hailnor
Windemere
Duke
Duke

Post by Windemere »

Teigra wrote:The other purple area is just reserved for now. I feel like Windemere had said something about liking that area, but if not, I might just auction it for guild funds or something. It's a really nice hunk of Gilded Hollow real estate, that's for sure. :thumb
Don't reserve any personal space for me at this time, I'd like to open up as much as possible to everyone else first. :)

Thanks again Teigra!
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image

Return to “Guild Hall”