Battle of Rishi fun!

Galaxiya
Countess
Countess
Realm: RIFT

Battle of Rishi fun!

Post by Galaxiya »

So amidst all the “stuff” going on right now, I only worked a half day on Friday, yesterday. I was given the choice of a ½ day Friday or work all day Sunday…..hm…..let me think….such a difficult decision…..work all day or have some fun with my guildies.

Needless to say, I was able to hang out with my guildies and run some fun flashpoints. As is usually the case when we run, shenanigans happened. Only this time it wasn’t on purpose! Those that know me know that I love shenanigans and it is routine for someone, usually me or Intisar to be honest, to do something to someone else, such as, and this is usually accidental as I’ve never successfully done it on purpose yet despite years of trying…..still trying… pushing adds off a cliff at the precise point a sent or marauder jumps to it. It is a hilarious sight to see and hear as it is always a surprise to the unsuspecting victim. Fits of giggles usually follow and then we move on to the next objective which may or may not be shenanigans.

So, back to yesterday. Alaer, Intisar, Vasinar and I are running Battle of Rishi and are on the last boss, Shield Squadron, a walker, and a total PITA at times, depending on what it wants to throw at you. During the fight this lovely specimen of pain and suffering likes to grapple everyone to it and then unleash an Electrical Megastorm. To prevent certain death, we all have to run to a console area for safety. I was on my Sage, who I had not run on for a while since they nerfed Sages, again, and I’ve been a bit pouty about the nerfs. I had dropped my magic poof puddle on the ground next to the console so I could magically poof to safety when the grapple happened.

We engage the boss and the fun times begin. A bunch of what-the-heck just hit everyone takes all of our health down significantly so I’m healing as fast as I can on a toon I haven’t played in a while so am not practiced in a “panic time healing rotation” like I have for my commando. So, as we all get grappled, I push my magic poof button to poof back to safety. This is where things get interesting. I poof back to safety, only to get grappled right back to the boss. I panic, thinking I must have not pushed the magic poof button right so start clicking the button again. In the midst of my panic, I just happen to click on the little button of fun named Rescue, currently being argued between guildies as an evil Sith power vs a pure angelic power of ultimate good, and pull Intisar, our tank, to the boss as I’m being grappled back.

I see a figure flying toward me out of the corner of my eye aka the screen and hear Intisar say in an incredulous/humorous/we’re-all-gonna-die-now-did-she-really-just-pull-one-of-my-moves voice. "Did you just pull me?!" I’m immediately stammering something to the effect of “I didn’t mean to! It pulled me back in and I panicked thinking my phase walk didn’t work because I got pulled back in! You know I’d say it was me if I did it on purpose! I would totally take responsibility for it if I did it because that was awesome!” And then we run back to the console and manage to finish out the boss fight victoriously. I don’t know how we manage to be so awesome and come out of some things without wiping, but that’s NOR, we rock! Thank you all for being the awesomeness you are and making my life better. I appreciate you all and am honored to get to hang out with you through thick and thin! :bouncy :D
My blood type is be positive. :) :bouncy :hailnor
The main toons I play, although I have many:
Galaxiya - Commando, Safphire - Sage,
Geminiya - Mercenary, Iron'Butterfly - Operative
Vasniar
Baron
Baron
Realm: RIFT

Re: Battle of Rishi fun!

Post by Vasniar »

"Have a taste of the Dark Side!" Lord Vantrast, and EVERY Jedi Sage
Republic: