Sim City 5

Open discussion for members and visitors.
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Re: Sim City 5

Post by Lasarian »

Talolan wrote:I'll make one (if the servers co-operate) and make a sticky thread here.

Also, anybody on the fence. I'd give it a few days to see if EA fixes their server issues. Its making Diablo 3 look like a perfect launch.
Ouch.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by Talolan »

Seriously. Disaster.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Servers aren't any better at 10am when nobody is around than they were at 8pm when it was at peak usage.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

If only this were real.

Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Here is what the Iraqi Information Minister has to say about the situation.

Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Rofl
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

The last two days have been brutal for the objects in my office. I'm in full rage-mode.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

Talolan wrote:The last two days have been brutal for the objects in my office. I'm in full rage-mode.
Ouch! Well, I've grown used to giving any online game a couple of days for the server issues to be fixed. I won't be buying this game because every Sim CIty game I've purchased has not done well on my computer. It's always been slow, even with gaming computers. So, I hope it works out and y'all have alot of fun!! And, Talo, don't Hulk out and break your computer, lol. :lol
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Diablo 3 wasn't great when it launched, but I was able to actually put several hours into the game on days 1 and 2, by day three I didn't have problems any more.

In SimCity I was able to log 0 game time on days 1 and 2, and about an hour on day 3. Today is day 4, and the game is launching in more regions. So I expect it to be unplayable again.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Polygon wrote:Publisher Electronic Arts has suspended some of its online marketing campaigns for SimCity in the wake of ongoing server issues, asking its affiliates to "please stop actively promoting the game" until further notice.

In an email sent this morning to affiliate partners, EA Origin says it has "deactivated all SimCity text links and creative and we ask you to please remove any copy promoting SimCity from your website for the time-being." The email, obtained by Polygon, is directed at affiliates of EA Origin's LinkShare program.

"To be clear we are continuing to payout commissions on all SimCity sales that are referred, however we are requesting that you please stop actively promoting the game," the email reads. "We will notify you as soon as the SimCity marketing campaigns have been resumed and our promotional links are once again live in the Linkshare interface. We apologize for any inconveniences that this may cause, and we thank you for your cooperation."

SimCity launched earlier this week and has struggled to meet player demand. Developer Maxis has deactivated certain gameplay features and says it will continue to roll out fixes to address "server instability" and player frustration."

Polygon has contacted Electronic Arts seeking comment and will update with any information the company provides.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Return to “General”