Sim City 5

Open discussion for members and visitors.
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Re: SimCity: NORlandia

Post by Ojike »

I'd really like to give this game a shot. I'll see if I can squeeze it into my budget... the baby can poop in towels for a couple weeks for a video game, right? :tongue2
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Re: Sim City 5

Post by Ojike »

This is how I see Talo playing the game...
Although I think Tundrra is our Apple guy, not Talo... :dunno

Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Post by Talolan »

Last night I was discussing my city with my wife and I used the phrase "I have to kill off all these homeless."

Also, Tim Buckley is an art thief and a hack.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Eh, I like his "player 1 and 2" comics.
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy
Gilen
Baron
Baron
Realm: RIFT

Post by Gilen »

Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

I've avoided traffic jams, crime/fire problems, school bussing, etc listed in that article without having to resort to any kind of stupidity they've suggested.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Vashile
Baron
Baron
Realm: Elder Scrolls Online

Post by Vashile »

Talolan wrote:
I've avoided traffic jams, crime/fire problems, school bussing, etc listed in that article without having to resort to any kind of stupidity they've suggested.

Same here.
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Our SimCity Mayors are incredibly important to the team at Maxis. We know we messed up and want to sincerely thank you for staying with us. The good news is we have solved most of the major issues and players are really enjoying the game. We're getting great feedback from our fans and know that many of you are having fun and are exploring this whole new expression of SimCity.

As a small token of our appreciation, we are offering you a free EA PC game download on Origin*. Mayors who have authenticated their copy of SimCity on Origin by March 25 can select a free game through a redemption portal inside the Origin desktop client later this week. We'll be opening up the redemption portal country-by-country so some of you may see it a little sooner than others. The portal will be live worldwide for everyone to select their game by March 22.

We don't want any of you to miss out your free game, so please note that you must register your copy of SimCity before March 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST and you must claim your free game by March 30, 2013 at 11:59PM PST. For more information, including instructions on how to get your free game and a list of eligible games, please read our FAQ. We've included some of the hottest games in the EA portfolio, so pick one and add it to your Origin library on us!
Sincerely,
Maxis
As a token of our appreciation for all the support we’ve received from SimCity fans over the past week EA is offering a free EA PC digital download game to anyone who purchases and authenticates SimCity by March 25, 2013 at 11:59pm PST.

When can I start to get my free game?
The free game portal will be rolling out in waves, and it will be available in the following regions by these dates:

North America by 5pm PST/midnight GMT on Wednesday, March 20.
Europe by 5pm PST/midnight GMT on Thursday, March 21.
Asia & South America by 5pm PST/midnight GMT on Friday, March 22.

During the rollout, individual users may find they get access to the free game portal slightly before or after others in their region. Everyone worldwide will have access no later than 5:00PM PST on March 22 and will have until March 30 at 11:59PM PST to redeem.

Which games are available?

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
MOHW (Standard Edition)
NFS Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

Why this list of games?
We’ve put together an assortment of some of EA’s top hits.

How do I select and claim my free game?
You can access the free game portal and select from a list of EA PC digital download titles by signing in to the Origin client. Gamers who have authenticated their copy of SimCity on Origin will see the Featured Today pop-up window with a link to the free game redemption portal on startup and when you finish playing SimCity. You will see the reminders once per day in each location, and once you’ve selected your free game the reminders will go away.

I have activated SimCity but I do not see a link to get my free game.
You may need to update to the latest version of the Origin client, which can be obtained from origin.com/download. If you are using the latest version of Origin and still do not see the Featured Today pop-up window, please contact help.ea.com for assistance.

How long do I have to redeem my free game?
All redemptions must take place before March 30, 2013 at 11:59PM PST. The redemption period will expire at that time

I just bought SimCity at retail. How do I get my free game?
In order to be eligible for the free game offer, you simply need to activate your game before March 25, 2013 at 11:59PM PST. Once activated you will see the Featured Today pop-up window with a link to the free game redemption portal on startup, and once a day when you finish playing SimCity.

Can I select a console game instead?
Sorry, this offer is only for PC digital download titles available through Origin.

I’m an underage user, how do I get my game?
Users who are beneath the minimum age required to access interactive online services will automatically be granted a copy of SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition and Bejeweled 3 instead. These games will be added directly to your My Games library over the coming days. You do not need to take any action. If you do not see these games in your My Games library by March 31, 2013, please contact help.origin.com.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

Ojike wrote:I'd really like to give this game a shot. I'll see if I can squeeze it into my budget... the baby can poop in towels for a couple weeks for a video game, right? :tongue2
I'm talking to your better half :rage
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Roxanne wrote:
Ojike wrote:I'd really like to give this game a shot. I'll see if I can squeeze it into my budget... the baby can poop in towels for a couple weeks for a video game, right? :tongue2
I'm talking to your better half :rage
Good luck. She's nose deep in Skyrim. :lol
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy

Return to “General”