5.3 Scenarios Preview

Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

5.3 Scenarios Preview

Post by Talolan »

Patch 5.3 introduces four new Scenarios and Heroic modes for six Scenarios including two previously released encounters. Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, you’ll be able to get in on the action with the use of the Dungeon Finder or by queuing (in the case of Heroics) with two of your friends.
Get a preview for the 4 new scenarios at Blizzard.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
HollyCNY
Ally
Ally
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited August 1996 (NWN on AOL)
Re-Recruited SWTOR March 2013
Squired by Tundrra SWTOR April 13, 2013

Re: 5.3 Scenarios Preview

Post by HollyCNY »

I can't help but think they're rushing through the expansion far too fast. And I've been inactive since the beginning of March.

I looked up the release dates of the four expansions on Wikipedia along with in-parentheses comments about how long after the previous expansion that release was.

BC: January 16, 2007
WotLK: November 13, 2008 (1 year, 10 months)
Cata: December 7, 2010 (2 years, 1 month)
MoP: September 25, 2012 (1 year, 9 1/2 months)

MoP (which I often call Kung-Fu Panda, even though the pandaren monk concept far predates that movie) is only out for eight months and we're on the verge of the penultimate 'major patch.' If 5.3 comes out in June, will 5.4 come out in September just in time for MoP's first birhday? And if that turns out to be the case, when will the fifth expansion be released? At the rate we're going, you'd think the name of it would have been released at this point. Or are they just sitting on it til patch 5.4 so it doesn't seem quite as rushed? Once the name is announced, will we be waiting six to nine months with no major patches for it to go live? Or will they announce it's already "almost finished" and be released after, say, only 1 year and 4 months, or 1 year and 6 months?

It just seems they're rushing through the expansion as a whole very fast. It's one reason I've pretty much given up on personal progression. If I do return to the game, which I expect I probably will when 5.3 hits, just to take a look around, I expect I won't be pursuing any kind of personal progression. I"m not sure if I'm even really welcome anymore in the guild I was in, over there. But that's another story for another time.

Return to “Information & Updates”